Reply to this topicStart new topic
Anubis's City of the Dead, - i'll dump my shit here :P -
Anubis
post 11 Aug 2013, 21:53
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

So i figured i might as well open up my own topic here and dump drawings i do, be it related or not to mods.

And since lately i decided to do some thematic drawings, here's the first 2.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 11 Aug 2013, 22:07
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

I see you like conspiracie. Aren't you afraid some religious folks might see the secong drawing as offensive?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 11 Aug 2013, 22:22
Post #3

Group Icon

No i'm not a fan of conspiracies, since that term is as retarded as it gets. I am a fan of logic and reason. Which is something society fails at in general so they invent words to hide behind since ignorance is a harsh one. As for religious people - i see their religions as offensive, but you don't see me blowing steam about it tongue.gif. It's called art. If they don't like it, they can ignore it. It's that simple.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 11 Aug 2013, 22:25

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Aug 2013, 22:31
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

The drawings are so bizarre as is our reality, however I have a doubt - what you actually want to express with your art? A complaint or an apology?

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 11 Aug 2013, 22:44
Post #5

Group Icon

Apology for wat ?tongue.gif. It's a twisted and ironic view over society aspects, at least the way i see it tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Anubis: 11 Aug 2013, 22:44

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Aug 2013, 22:50
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

humm, an empty and evasive response... responds satisfactorily to my question. The art is beautiful, its implied content is dingy and disgusting.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 12 Aug 2013, 3:11
Post #7

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Being a Catholic close to his own religion, I'm not offended over the drawing or your opinion on this matter 8Ip.png

It's just that there are some people that really just want you to go to hell because you don't believe in this in that or something else. I've become open enough to respect everyone's view on religion, even if they think it should never have existed.

What do I think?

I can't blame people for holding religion accountable for many terrible things that have happened over the last thousand years like how Arab nations are out to destroy Israel or how Crusades were launched. Religion has caused some problems in society, I'll hand you that. Division. Religion gets really complicated at some point where I can't understand or explain things. For now I believe that God does exist, it's just that religion is man made. Of course as time passes and I learn more it's subject to change.

As for your first picture, I do believe some dark twisted plot like that will happen sooner or later. Personally I just want a worldwide V for Vendetta to happen. Though of course the nations aren't gonna bow down that easily to a world government. If I was running a country I'd rather have it get destroyed fighting for freedom than being sucked in to tyranny.

Overall, those were some neat drawings. I envy your skill av-7.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 12 Aug 2013, 6:08
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

I like it from an artistic/creative perspective as it has a very morbid and surreal look to it but I'm not too fond of the message which seems like a very generalised 'all religion is vile and evil' kinda statement. Note that this is coming from an atheist, but for all the dangers of religious fundamentalism, I would not want to live in a society that is 100% detached from any sort of (in my case) Christian ethos. I've seen way too many atheists that are really just spiteful nihilists to advocate a clear-cut technocracy devoid of all metaphysics and based solely around scientific utility where human beings would essentially be reduced to a resource asset that would be managed, coordinated and expended as dictated by some arbitrary logic.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 12 Aug 2013, 7:37
Post #9

Group Icon

I am not against religion in general. Ofc my drawing would probably suggest that. I'm not even an atheist. I would probably fall under the Agnostic branch more or less with strong esoteric beliefs. I am however against how religion is used today and how it has been used. As i wrote on facebook, something that started as a way to improve yourself as a human and guide you through life in your darkest moments, to make you see humans as your brothers in creation, was twisted and corrupted into the greedy full of shit and down right deadly thing we have today.
So again my drawings address today's image of things, not how it's always been.

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 13 Aug 2013, 2:24
Post #10

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

It's hard see whats wrong with these pictures. Its not very hard to debunk who's and who's really not in power these days without looking at every mainstream media document on the web. If anything its an accurate description of the effects these things actually have on the life of people in the world around us.

There is always a person or a group of people who can make all powerful decisions in the world and hide it, or justify it because they have the money to, or the power.

Society seems to be formed around beliefs instead of reality , What is the value of gold or Money? oh yeah , people put value in them.
Because of this it forms an economy created out of value and trust that can be abused , and it always happens.

If you want to take over a country with I AM #1 Status and use that as a Chess piece to knock everyone down , You fight the war with political strategy and a well funded reserve, and Mercenaries force at the right spots quietly

I just don't see how it wouldn't be the case even today.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” - Sun Tzu

These pictures have a very nice art style if anything depicting what or who is capable of being destructive or Productive if given the ability as well as accepted.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 13 Aug 2013, 16:18
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Firstly the art is beautiful, shows a lot of dedication. The content might seem a bit too explicit to some. I almost fully agree with your last post, religion isn't the evil here. All religion started off as a method of improving and helping a person socially and spiritually. But throughout the ages it has also been used as a tool for gaining and securing power, as an excuse for committed atrocities, for controlling people and public opinion, for gaining domination over other societies, cultures and religion, for using the simple faith of people to make them do terrible things etc. But ultimately it's the people who used religion as a weapon that are at fault here.

While depressing we could say that today these religion users might actually outnumber the truly pious people... but despite that there are still some people in this world who still actually follow religions for the good these were originally intended for. So it would probably be more accurate to your own words if you reflect how the true spirit of religion is dying out fast while ironically the corrupt who use these are doing better than ever.

If this helps, I ain't much of a believer and you could say I am an ex-nihilist. I ain't offended even a little bit by your art the same way I don't feel offended when I get threatened of being sent to hell after death.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 14 Aug 2013, 21:49
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 13 Aug 2013, 18:18) *
But ultimately it's the people who used religion as a weapon that are at fault here.

It's also the people who eat the shit given to them and prefer to see religion as w/e crap they are feed rather than getting their heads out of their asses and actually start using them for more than keeping the rain from falling inside their necks.

Anyway, i did a third drawing in the same society theme. This one i believe is quite self-explanatory.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 14 Aug 2013, 22:21
Post #13

Group Icon

It's a nice drawing but those plants.... Could, if the moderators find them explicit, get you banned. Just saying! But its still a perfect representation of modern generation I am ashamed to be a part of...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 14 Aug 2013, 23:06
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 15 Aug 2013, 0:21) *
It's a nice drawing but those plants.... Could, if the moderators find them explicit, get you banned. Just saying! But its still a perfect representation of modern generation I am ashamed to be a part of...

It's plants. I have seen real life plants with similar shapes and can link multiple pics. I guess nature just has it's own way tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 15 Aug 2013, 1:38
Post #15

Writer do his best now and BSing...
Group Icon

From: Somewhere in America (currently, not always that way)
Member No.: 9758
Yes I like Touhou... and the problem is?

QUOTE (Anubis @ 14 Aug 2013, 18:06) *
It's plants. I have seen real life plants with similar shapes and can link multiple pics. I guess nature just has it's own way tongue.gif

Then it will be the duty of the God fearing righteous people to censor the Satanic influences found in nature, planted there by the Prince of Darkness himself!

If you can't tell already, I'm being sarcastic here.

Apparently I'm pretty cranky/short fused lately, pardon my anger outbursts...

This post has been edited by Kalga: 15 Aug 2013, 1:48

--------------------
... wait, oh s--t! I've been surrounded by raging modders!

The forum is ripe with the stench of gamers!

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 29 Aug 2013, 14:49
Post #16

Group Icon

Since ive been in some really 'nice' mood lately, and with the help of a bit of Pink Floyd and Daughter, i made up 2 more theme drawings.

First - The Forrest of Sad Loves

And this one i just finished - The Boulevard of Broken Dreams

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 29 Aug 2013, 15:07
Post #17

Group Icon

Damn nice drawings there.

To be honest I'm getting a little freaked out looking at those drawings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 2 Sep 2013, 19:06
Post #18

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

The second one is specially breathtaking. Freaks you out and makes you think at the same time. Very well thought.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 9 Sep 2013, 10:40
Post #19

Group Icon

Meh, somehow the Sumerian Tablets inspired me tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 9 Sep 2013, 15:16
Post #20

Group Icon

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 9 Sep 2013, 19:08
Post #21

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

My limited knowledge of tablets and myths makes me think that's a long necked Anubis... wearing some kinda Medusa headdress. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 9 Sep 2013, 19:21
Post #22

Group Icon

Lol. It's a combination of the Annunaki myth, the ancient Lemurians (this being the long neck), the reptilian 'conspiracy' and the Atlanteans.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 25 Apr 2014, 9:31
Post #23

Group Icon

Hey! Something just hit me! If you think conspiracies and conspiracy theorists are so stupid, how come you came and said all the things I did wrong on my RotR fic about the future conspiracies? Something doesn't add up here...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 26 Apr 2014, 9:07
Post #24

Group Icon

Did i ever say ALL conspiracies are stupid? There's a difference between the idea that a specific group of people with huge financial and influential interests like the Freemasons, the Bieldeberg group etc have a agenda in their meetings, or that countries like america are oligarchies rulled by banks and corps, and saying that there are reptilian aliens infltrated among politicians that are from an alien race so powerful that they wanna conquer us, and even though they can travel without a problem in the galaxy, they need to fuck our women in order to conquer us because somehow we are to strong to fight with, or that the earth is actually flat but there's a world conspiracy to make us think its round.

As for terrorrists - anyone that kills innocent people in the name of anything is a sociopath with additional mental problem. Be it a poor fuck from a muslim country or a sad piece of shit that operates a drone.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 26 Apr 2014, 11:09
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anubis @ 26 Apr 2014, 9:07) *
Did i ever say ALL conspiracies are stupid? There's a difference between the idea that a specific group of people with huge financial and influential interests like the Freemasons, the Bieldeberg group etc have a agenda in their meetings, or that countries like america are oligarchies rulled by banks and corps, and saying that there are reptilian aliens infltrated among politicians that are from an alien race so powerful that they wanna conquer us, and even though they can travel without a problem in the galaxy, they need to fuck our women in order to conquer us because somehow we are to strong to fight with, or that the earth is actually flat but there's a world conspiracy to make us think its round.

As for terrorrists - anyone that kills innocent people in the name of anything is a sociopath with additional mental problem. Be it a poor fuck from a muslim country or a sad piece of shit that operates a drone.

You said the term is as stupid as it gets, which could be interpreted as all conspiracies being stupid, according to you. As you said there is a big gap between interesting, plausible conspiracies and downright insane ones, so there's a lot to think about.

So, picture this; two terrorists have captured two innocent people that don't know each other. They give a gun to one and tell him to shoot the other guy, or his whole family is dead. The other guy says 'do it, I have no family', leading to him getting shot. That makes the innocent man forced to pull the trigger a sociopath?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 10:42