IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Scaffold 22 - An Interactive Story, HTML-based interactive story by MoLoLu - hosted by SWR Productions
MoLoLu
post 2 Jun 2014, 14:32
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1369

Hey everyone,

Some of you might remember me from the Homeworld 2 mod Path to Victory, my last project to be released here on SWR. This time around I'd like to present an interactive story (or text-based RPG) called Scaffold 22:

Set in the distant future of the 27th century, you take on the role of Vineo "Vine" Acrel, a former mercenary lieutenant who lives on Scaffold 22, an enormous space station that houses several billion inhabitants.

Each day, inhabitants of the overpopulated lower levels struggle to survive an existence dictated by profit-obsessed corporations, ruthless crime syndicates, and indifferent private security contractors. Far above, in the world of the rich and prosperous, a perpetual political struggle between the Church of Eden and the Corporate Hegemony rages.
Yet corporate warfare, political intrigue, corruption, and bloody gang wars are only the tip of the iceberg. The abandoned storerooms and gloomy walkways of Scaffold 22 have become home to darker threats: a treacherous Witches Coven that perverts the noble art of science to achieve their ends and the ever-present plague of abominations, hideous affronts to the natural order that deserve nothing less than a swift execution.

Life isn't easy on Scaffold 22 and, while you may have made a name as a mercenary and an abomination hunter, absolution from your past crimes depends entirely the goodwill of the Church of Eden. Your best hope is to negotiate a deal with your employer and do whatever it takes to ensure the powers that be will wipe your slate clean.

Continue reading...

The game's HTML-based so it should work on any up-to-date browser (including mobile devices, though the format's a bit screwy). Content is roughly novel-length, totaling five to six hours of gameplay. You can save and load at any time so there's no need to read through in one go. And because it deserves mention: many thanks to SWR Productions for the hosting!

On a closing note, I'd like to point out that Scaffold 22 is currently in its beta stage. Content is fleshed out but there's a lot of to be done. My main concern is working out bugs and getting feedback and/or suggestions on the story.

I'm also looking for people willing to contribute original artwork for the passage headers and a few people willing proof read the text.

This post has been edited by MoLoLu: 2 Jun 2014, 14:33

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
IPS
post 2 Jun 2014, 15:45
Post #2

How come nobody says wizard anymore
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 36
Projects: SWR Productions

nice to see this finally online : )

--------------------
DeviantArt Portfolio

CGSociety Portfolio

"a dollar symbol is not an eagle"

+Quote Post
MoLoLu
post 25 Jul 2014, 8:25
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1369

The hardest thing about writing fiction is that, in most cases, there's just not much to show in way of progress; no flashy models, no textures, just a whole lot of words. That's how things have been for me for the past nine weeks, during which I did a lot, learned a lot, but had little to show for it. Now, finally, I have something that's worth posting: the new UI design.

If you've played/read through Scaffold 22 vers 0.1, you'll know what I mean when I say this is a lot clearer, crisper, and easier to use. Rather than having to click through dozens of screens, well, the information's right up there, available at a glance.

Now, it's still a work in progress, but this is the first of several steps being taken to bring Scaffold 22 up to version 0.2, which will be the basis for another chapter/installment. I'll have more to show as time goes on so stay tuned smile.gif

Edit: gaah. is there any way to resize images or link thumbnails in BB board?

This post has been edited by MoLoLu: 25 Jul 2014, 8:31

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 13:58