Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ambitious Project Number 13
Dread
post 14 Mar 2017, 6:32
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14792

I actually have a title for this ambitious mod but that's not important is it? If it is just ask.

Anyhow I like to start making my own full conversion mod for C&C 3 because let's face it as many mods are out there for Generals it is getting a little long in the tooth. Not many have bothered to mod Tiberium Wars save for a few mods out there with most of them dead or incomplete soon to be dead. The problem with this is the Tiberium Wars mod community is not as big and diverse as Generals and the software and tools needed to make some of these modifications I'm unfamiliar with.

What tools and software would I need to do the following modifications?

Total Conversion: New units, new textures, new structures, new maps, new weapon scripts. Specific game engine modifications such as flares for missile countermeasures, secondary hit points for reactive armor, dynamic cover for infantry that'll make them better for defensive roles, hit and miss probability scripts to represent the overall accuracy for weapons.

It sounds like I'm trying to make an uber realistic mod but what I really want to do is break away from the whole "command and spam" that Tiberium Wars seems to instill. Build enough tanks and you'll win. Screw that noise, I want some tactics in my C&C for once. Is that too much to ask?

So what do I need and where to start? Those who want more details on the background and unit ideas just ask.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 14:35