Total Votes: 80
Guests cannot vote 
Joe Kidd
post 31 Mar 2013, 0:21
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9606

Well theres been a favorite superweapon, hero, MBT, generals powers, and jets.

Time to mash em all up into one!

My vote goes to Russia, with ECA second

And remember, this is FAVORITE faction, which faction do you enjoy the most, NOT the statistically best faction

This post has been edited by Joe Kidd: 1 Apr 2013, 4:50

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 31 Mar 2013, 0:24
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

The Russian Federation, they have cool units and they are tough to boot. favorite thing about the Russian though is their unit design; everyone unit has a purpose and excels at it. There isn't wasted potential trying to do other tasks, they do one task very well, so it makes making a balanced army easy.

+Quote Post
Claine
post 31 Mar 2013, 1:07
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 8902

Of course Russian thats why we here! and thanks for the SWR_team they give more than that by adding ECA as well, its like a dream for a fans like me playing 5 faction with unique game play style with awesome stuff that we never seemed before in Generals Zero world the Rise Of The Red's team make all of that possible for free not free to taste and it could be more soon they apply Generals for each faction imagine 15 totally different Generals power unbelievable ani8b.gif

This post has been edited by Claine: 31 Mar 2013, 1:09

--------------------

+Quote Post
Just a Random Gu...
post 31 Mar 2013, 1:22
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9205

China! Overwhelming the enemy with hordes are the best feeling ever! Also, Nukes!

--------------------
For the Republic!

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 31 Mar 2013, 1:59
Post #5

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

I'm sorry, but I had to vote all of them.

USA - Drones and lazers are simply awesome. WASP drones are a pain in the ass for your enemies, the crusaders can hover, and the new vanguard looks really awesome. Also, USA airpower is the best.

GLA - A really fun faction to play as, especially if your opponent is noob wink.gif (BOMB TRUCKS AND TUNNELSSSSSS) (ALSO SUICIDE BOMBERS)

Russia - The owning faction. Frogfoots own everything on the ground, grumbles own everything in the air, Kodiaks are strongest MBT, Sentinels are ... Sentinals, and Hinds and Shocktroopers are like the cherry on top. Also tesla is freaking awesome. Too bad they are expensive...

China - Well rounded faction, i am most comfortable playing as China. They can pretty much deal with anything. ALSO SPAMMMMMMMM

ECA - I only use this faction against noobs because im TERRIBLE with ECA. But nonetheless, they are still REALLY fun to play as, especially the moles, howitzer positions, Garrisonable Tank MGs, and bulldog turrets. Also the protocols are wicked.

This post has been edited by InsurgentCell: 31 Mar 2013, 2:00

--------------------

+Quote Post
Massey
post 31 Mar 2013, 2:07
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

see pic below

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 31 Mar 2013, 4:25
Post #7

Mad General... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9008
Follower of the Grimdark.

I'll give ya a hint, look at my sigs.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

- The Neconomicon

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.
- Albert Einstein (attributed)

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 31 Mar 2013, 7:49
Post #8

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Though I like the ECA for their unique design, I would prefer to play as USA and Russia much more biggrin.gif

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 31 Mar 2013, 8:19
Post #9

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

USA

Was there any doubt?

Even if I do liket the ECA I quite dislike thier artilary, Moles are utility and the mortar truck is.....Slow....Quite slow

Still ECA heros defences and gen powers makes it a great support for air lovers like me.Thoose harriers are awsome for micro

The United States of America reigns supreme in my heart, Sure we may not have fancy defences or the biggest badest tank or actually any worthwhile ones other then microwave tanks.We may not be a horde of numbers in a frenzy of killing.But goddamit when we get the order, None can deliver death as fast as the USA!
The aircraft is too good it should be a sin! (The stealthfighters are still the shame of the flying family but Cobras make up for the reputation )
And that stealth B-2 ph34r.gif, the magnificent spectre!
Then we have cruise missles 8llaniflip.gif
Whats not to love?

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 31 Mar 2013, 8:23

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 31 Mar 2013, 8:27
Post #10

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Uh........Looks like a nuclear winter is comming...general Bruce. laugh.gif

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 31 Mar 2013, 8:45
Post #11

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

GLA is number 1 with its ability to guild well rounded strong forces quickly maurader, quad, mob, hijacker, rpg trooper all clustered together in an endless invasion of these small groups backed up by the lack of your unit production cuz its too expensive and the massively deadly barrages from the grads on your doorstep out of thin air. SCUD FTW!!!!! Damn I miss playing online lol damn hamachi work! furious.gif (Grrr! Damn Hamachi work! Grrr! in Chinese- english dubbed)

close behind GLA is the Russian Federation, I loved them more when the arms dealer auto-deployed because they get forced to move around when other units need to move by their clusters :/ RF air superiority via hind, berkut <3 <3 <3 <3 <3and the frogfoot. Tremor AGAS is just mouth wateringly awesome!

3RD china -march of a 1000 troops thats all
4TH USA - death from above
there is no fifth, ECA is garbage! Death to the Fallen Continent!

This post has been edited by Xofolez: 31 Mar 2013, 8:48

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 31 Mar 2013, 9:21
Post #12

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

US and RF.

I like things that drop bombs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 31 Mar 2013, 15:10
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

GLA: I am loving this faction from the first day,but ROTR version even better IMO,
every building is a tunnel entrance/exit,meaning that it is a one big hornet nest at the same time,
Dushka Nest . . . I'm loving it.Spawning Angry Mob anywhere on the map,hiding whole base from enemy,
mobile CC,meaning that you can move it at any place on the map and drop Anthrax Bomb on your opponent
from any angle,new Jarmen Kell although sometimes useless,still very interesting since it can take down aircraft.
And so on . . .

China: I really love to play with ROTRs China,it changed my usual Generals playstyle drastically . . .
I was relying for years on building as much defenses I can,but that kind of tactics were certain doom in many occasions,
especially in ROTR,since Chinese defenses can't do a shit to Russians,so for the first time I decided to spam units,
and make walls of all kinds of them instead of defenses,Gattling Tanks and Twinfangs keep the sky clear,Battlemasters and
Overlords take out ground targets,Banshee ECM Tank deflects incoming missiles,and Propaganda Airships heals them all.
And everything is cheap.
Plus I love new role Chinese MiG got,and exploding missile sound and effect,I also love how Twinfand sounds and how leaves
little black clouds when firing,Chinese volunteer squad is awesome,and Banshee ECM can be real PITA combined with Black Lotus.
Yeah . . . I love ROTRs China.

Russia: Combining Soviets from RA1 and RA2 with RL Russian Armed Forces,plus some new stuff such as Sentinel,Hunchback and Tremor AGAS . . .
One word . . . Great.
I love Frogfoot's,I love Buratino's,I also love Grumbles . . . ROTR Russians are awesome,I have dreamed for years about Russians and EU in Zero Hour,
so I was really excited when I saw in which direction ROTR will go after announcement that ROTE will merge with ROTR.

ECA: Well I can now speak for days,but I will keep it shortest as possible,first off all I have waited for ECA to be released for a really long time
and developing team didn't disappointed me,ECA was faction I was dreamed about.
First off all EU,EA,EF and similar United Europe factions were almost always my favorite for long time,examples : Battlefield 2,TCs Endwar . . .
Like I have stated above,I am natural turtler,I simply love to watch my foes succumb in front of wall of my static defenses (insert evil laugh here),
blue camo is eyecandy for me eyes,I love German weaponry and ECA is using lot of it,I love Avro Vulcan,Reinforcement Zeppelin is really
awesome IMO as whole idea of it,I like Felin Infantry so much,they are really unique compared to others,and Pandora . . . Mobile SW . . .
Like I said,I can go for days like this,generally I like whole concept and design of ECA.Ende.

USA: Hate me as much as you want,but this is my least favored favored faction,actually I don't know if I like them at all.
So I will not dissipate any more words on them.

Well,that's it,finally there are five factions in ZH and I still can't decide for one of my most favored,
I think that even harder job waits for people like me after 2.0 release smile.gif

+Quote Post
MARS
post 31 Mar 2013, 15:26
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

1st: ECA
I also tend to appreciate RTS games with a distinctly European faction - whether it's the generic United European Federation type like in EndWar, a Euro-centric NATO faction like in WiC or our own refreshingly unconventional ECA - simply because I like to see a Western faction that isn't exclusively American and have some diversity among my units. The ECA has a unique feel to it due to our story and its gameplay implications and I prefer to build huge, nicely designed bases with lots of defences to hide behind. It may not be a very useful style for PvP - which I don't play anyway - but it's fun in AI games every now and then. I guess I just like to play things safe.

2nd: China
When I play games, I just dig the romanticised image of a mass infantry/tank charge. I also appreciate the semi-comical style of ROTR China because it honestly seems more interesting and colourful than it could possibly be if we were working under a more realistic design philosophy. And then there's all those impossibly cool fireworks: You've got orange/purple fire, black clouds of flak, green ECM flares, blue EM pulses; it's just a feast to the eye.

3rd: Russia
Very straightforward, offensive gameplay as well as some of the coolest tanks and air units in the entire mod. I also appreciate the fact that Russia can just blow shit up en masse without caring too much about precision or fancy trickery.

4th: USA
I like to play small-scale tacticool tricks with their special units and aircraft but their overall feel is less appealing to me personally than the ECA. Thorn will probably be my favourite US General.

5th: GLA
Never liked them as a faction due to both story and gameplay and I find it very irritating, frustrating and tiresome to fight against them as well (although that's actually intentional, them being guerillas and all...)

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 31 Mar 2013, 16:31
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Favorite for me is ECA, mainly because it is Europe, just like MARS said. I have always been a turtler, spamming defensive structures and then blowing the shit out of my enemy with superweapons and airstrikes. I also like the style of the ECA, I mean, blue camouflage, who have done that before?

Second in comes the GLA, if I'm not turtling, I might as well be harassing my enemies. Without power I can construct a huge defensive line in a matter of minutes, and the fighter jets that doesn't need to return to base to rearm is just awesome.

Third comes China, because heavy weapons also means a heavy defense.

Fourth and fifth comes USA and Russia, never play those that much because their play style isn't really my thing. Although I like setting Nighthawks to defend the enemy base area, meaning they'll continuosly (did I spell that right?) fly back and forth dropping bombs all over the place, he he he!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maxner12
post 31 Mar 2013, 16:35
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9552

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 31 Mar 2013, 17:31) *
I also like the style of the ECA, I mean, blue camouflage, who have done that before?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010...EFEC_LOCKED.jpg
Endwar did, even most of their ingame camos have a blue tint 8I.png

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 31 Mar 2013, 16:56
Post #17

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

1. ECA - I don't play much, but when I do I turtle. Design wise, the ECA is the most refreshing out of all the factions next to the new GLA.

2. Russia - Because they're the entire point for the mod, plus I like their music a lot.

3. China - Because I'm Chinese, they're easy to use (units are straight forward), and they blow stuff up real big and flashy (Nuclear Firestorm FTW!)

4. GLA - Never liked them in ZH, and I still don't like them gameplay wise, but they're new design is very refreshing.

5. USA - It's the good old muricah! you've known and loved in ZH minus lasers and all the technical shizzle wizzle that made them my fav faction in ShockWave and Contra. Not bad, but not awesome either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 31 Mar 2013, 17:07
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

USA is my primary favorite due to its special warfare capability, high speed, air superiority, and single unit survivability. Its small group tactical doctrine fits my style.

China is my secondary favorite due to its strong economy and good firepower (Nuke unlock).

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
wargame10
post 31 Mar 2013, 17:11
Post #19

Stop Whining Learn to Deal with it!
Group Icon

Member No.: 475
Pissing some Idiot like SKW

GLA - my usage was kinda bad in ZH but now in RotR it fits to my style (used in pvp matches all the time)
China - (never used them on any pvp match) well thanks to hans my gameplay went bit better since i relied too much on tanks in ZH
ECA - well yes it fits for every turtler players like me (but didn't use them yet at pvp) defense defense i all u need unlike china i spam Tigers too much since it can attack in air (feels like RA3 Seawing and chopper VX in one unit) with a few ground units
USA - seriously im kinda bored to play this faction (due to americans save the day thing and other stuffs) but i like to spam tanks specially paladin + tomahawks
RF - i rarely use this faction so i cant rate this one

--------------------

Magoichi Saika: You shall die with bullets gayber!! -shoots justin beiber lol- and you too american wannabe -shoots SKW (rofl)-

+Quote Post
melaw
post 31 Mar 2013, 23:14
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 9740

GLA
Always was, always will be the most fun faction in ZH or ROTR for me.
Russia
It's new, fresh, strong, I enjoy plaing them. Music and Taunts are SUPERB!!!
China
Also very entertaining. Lack a bit of power in ROTR, imo. Nuking still rules, Second Eco still annoys me^^
USA
Very effective with Airforce. Besides that, not very spectacular. I somehow don't get used to the ground forces.
ECA
Good for turtling, which I would only do vs. AI. Love the harriers, dogfighting!

--------------------
DEMAND combat cycle nukeneers!

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 1 Apr 2013, 0:06
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

1 ECA:i love this faction,specially the harriers(is truly the best figther in rotr)i love to make huge bases with many lines of defenses,and let the enemy attack then.i also love the leopards ,and the ability of placing a soldier in many of their vehicles to use a machine gun
2 RF:i love the russians because they are just brutal.their army of tanks is the strongest in the game(althourth is slower)plus i really love the helicopters,specially the hind.the ability to transport troops and then support then with a missile barrage is fantastic
3 china:they have numbers.and nuclear weapons.is just awesome to send(vs ia)huge numbers of infantery against their base and then blow it up with nuclear weapons
4 GLA:what is better than destroy enemies with terrorist and chemical weapons?
5 USA:i like that it is desing for precision strikes and the blackhawks are really usefull in urban warfare.but i just hate their super weapon and the tank s are worst than other factions (except gla)

+Quote Post
mr.koffing
post 1 Apr 2013, 3:44
Post #22

Explosion!
Group Icon

Member No.: 667

In the spirit of April Fools, i'd like to change my vote to the Soviet Dragon Alliance.

With Kim Jong Un as god, it'd be simply too awesome.

--------------------
You have two cows. Hindemith's music drives them MAD.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 1 Apr 2013, 12:00
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

The ECA has become my favorite faction, I do not know how to play very well with them and definitely do not my playstyle, put theconception of the faction and the numerous alternatives regarding the gameplay make it the coolest of all, comes after the optimal Russia with many cool things.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Genmotty
post 1 Apr 2013, 12:42
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 523

GLA.

If I was a General in Generals I would be the Rocket Buggy General...

...Oh wait that was Kassad and he's dead and gone. Damn, guess I'll upgrade to mega mobs and morters* then!

My least favourite?

Well, the USA hasn't had that much love in my opinion compared to the other factions in ROTR and it feels it has changed the least since vanilla times. That said, if it ain't broke...

*grumbles about low alpha and hang time, but plus for kiting.

+Quote Post
redVaryant
post 1 Apr 2013, 16:42
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 9730
I love using aircraft early game

1) Russia
2) USA
3) ECA
4) China
5) GLA

I think Russia fits my play-style the best, but I do admit, they can be very slow at times, not to mention, very expensive.
But no fear! Russian helis are the best gun8.gif

--------------------
redVaryant

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21 June 2024 - 14:33