Reply to this topicStart new topic
Version 2.0 General Selection
T@nk 3unker
post 16 Aug 2018, 15:42
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10483

Yo, guys. Been following ROTR for 6 years and i caught a glimpse of the scrapped generals content here. Will ROTR basically follow/replicate that format in choosing the Generals?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 16 Aug 2018, 16:02
Post #2

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (T@nk 3unker @ 16 Aug 2018, 16:42) *
Yo, guys. Been following ROTR for 6 years and i caught a glimpse of the scrapped generals content here. Will ROTR basically follow/replicate that format in choosing the Generals?

it will be exactly like this yeah

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here
My avatar got created by Aellyx, from NeedBackup

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 17 Aug 2018, 0:26
Post #3

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

To elaborate: at the start of a match after you choose your faction, you select your Command Center or equivalent and then select one of the 3 Generals of your faction, then you get your builder unit and start as usual. Each faction has no "base" version this way, and while the Generals share some basic things, most of them have fairly diverse arrangements of buildings and units, not as much as ShockWave, but certainly more than ZH. And no, there will be none of this "The Airfarce General has no tanks." kinda nonsense.

+Quote Post
lighter285
post 17 Aug 2018, 5:59
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15029

It all sounds great, but I thought that we will still be able to choose before the game starts at all, for example between USA Air Force and USA Laser, and when the game starts the Generals chosen determine variations in the General promotion awards. For example if USA Air Force is chosen, one General could have supersonic bombers to call in as an ability while another can have slower but stronger and deadlier bombers.

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 17 Aug 2018, 10:52
Post #5

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

The only thing you will be choosing is your faction, and the generals will be ingame. Each of them will bring quiet a bit of new stuff be it upgrades, units or GPs.

Think of it like the Doctrine system in company of heroes 1.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21 October 2018 - 21:34