IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
DC comics VS Marvel, What do you think about both?
Red Hood
post 9 Mar 2014, 17:12
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10275

So a great comic showdown.Which of the 2 do you prefer?I must say that in recent years Marvel really disappointed me.With 2 below average X-man spinoff which contradict themselves and almost ignore the original trilogy.BTW Fox says all 5 movies are in the same timeline and that we are idiots.And then there was the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,God crappyest show besides Defiance.And then there is DC with their new flagship Arrow.Man thats an AWESSOME show.Thats how you do a TV-series about superheroes.And with the spinoff The Flash behind the corner,I have no choice but to give my voice to DC.What do you guys think about all of that?

This post has been edited by Red Hood: 9 Mar 2014, 17:14

--------------------
Forums unofficial vigilante

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 9 Mar 2014, 18:02
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

First of all I've got to say this is entirely my opinion and my opinion is that you're opinion is wrong. Marvel is and will always be better.

1. They have a load of more memorable characters. The Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the like all contain really memorable characters. They have all had some form of movie made about them. The only DC movies I've seen where about Batman and Superman, their most iconic characters. I have yet to see a movie about the entire Justice League (with aquaman mind you), and if there already is one I have not heard about it. And by the way the Justice League is the only actual superhero team I have heard about in the DC universe.

2. Marvel's heroes are more unique. They have more varying powers. A super-soldier from WW2, a doctor who turns into a monstrous green behemoth when he's angry, a regular guy infected by a radioactive spider, a super-billionaire who builds an armored exoskeleton, a Canadian whose skeleton is made of impervious metal with retractable claws, a supervillain that can bend metal, and a whole lot more I can't ramble of the top of my head. DC? Another superbillionaire who builds a lot less effective weapons, an alien that is immune to everything expect one green rock, a guy that has a green lantern, and Aquaman. There are probably more but I have not read more DC comics.

3. Their movies and shows are a lot more interesting. According to me at least, but there's a reason The Avengers made more than a billion dollars. And exactly how is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. crappy? That shows if freaking awesome, filled with mystery, intrigue and a whole lot of connections to the MCU. But all of this is just my two cents. My vote goes to Marvel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 9 Mar 2014, 18:46
Post #3

Group Icon

I too am a big Spidey fan,but they have yet to make a good movie about him.Avengers wasnt a bad movie,but Xman spinoffs were my thorn in the eye.AoS is a show set in Marvel universe without 1 Marvel hero,so why did they bother with the licence?Try watching Arrow,thats how you do a show about heros.A pleyad of known and less known heroes and villans,great story and charachters.You can dislike it but admitt its a succesfull series.I got nothing,hell I love Marvel just DC does the TV things better so I like them a little more.If you like animated you have the whole DC animated univers together with Young Justice and Teen Titans.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 9 Mar 2014, 19:28
Post #4

Group Icon

Agents of SHIELD (fuck the dots) is not a superhero Tv series, but more of a crime action series. And there are superheroes/villains appearing, such as Nick Fury, Franklin Hall AKA Graviton, Donnie Gill AKA Blizzard and Mike Peterson AKA Deathlok.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 9 Mar 2014, 19:45
Post #5

Group Icon

Sorry man but I just like Arrow better.And that wasnt the most important part of my post,beside.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 9 Mar 2014, 20:29
Post #6

Group Icon

^ Almost missed your post where you(Im pretty sure) diss Batman,Superman and Aquaman.So Batman is forgettable,WHAT?Did you see the Dark knight trilogy,for example?Did you watch Batman the animated series as a kid(or anytime)?Superman isnt invulnerable,hes just tough.Say what ever you want about Aquaman but Aqualad is awessome.Beside you have Bat family,JOKER,whole darn Justice League,Green Arrow,Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke and too many to count.That much awessomnes trumps a guy with a flag on his head anyday.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 11 Mar 2014, 8:46
Post #7

Group Icon

Some quick humor
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Morpheus_meme.jpg ( 21.58K ) Number of downloads: 2

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 11 Mar 2014, 21:28
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

First of all this thread isn't comic showdown,rather movie showdown and I'll comment that later.No offence but I am pretty sure you didn't even hold source material in your hands.I have to admit that I was really fanatical about X-Men about like 10 years ago,and I highly appreciated most of Marvel franchises until...
Until all those movies started coming out,it was kind a hard to digest those X-Men movies and don't start me on other ones,
yeah Spider-Man was cool when came out since I was young lad then,but watching it years later,it simply didn't worked well for me,I don't want to comment on sequels.
I am aware of fact that most of kids don't give a fuck about reading comics since that is kind of obsolete way of entertainment so they had to try converting them all into movies,but damn are they tedious with that,yes yes,no one is forcing me to give them any attention,but I am on internet for hours each day,so it is kind a hard
not to be drawn into it when all that shit is all over the place.Also,I am aware that this will last for some time,until they cover every fucking super hero and villain,
do couple sequels for each of those half assed movies,and few more spin offs for those drained stories,then agree to do DC vs Marvel on big screen,do sequels then
it will end,and that is maybe,since they started rebooted spiderman,batman,superman,punisher...Etc.
As for quality of this movies,I have to say this,they are stupid as hell,but that doesn't stop fanboys to give them best possible ratings on IMDb,
but hell,everyone can make IMDb account,so those millions of kids did it.So I was fooled...
I believed people on IMDb since I have watched a lot of highly ranked movies on IMDb and I agreed with most of them how they are actually good.
So I saw top 10 list,and there was a Batman move in like between Godfather and Pulp Fiction or something like that,I thought how they maybe did it well after all this
time,good superhero movie at last,how so much people can be wrong...This movie must have its own vibe,one batman movie needs,great acting...Stuff...
God...I was so wrong,and I was such a jackass for believing IMDb ratings so blindly,it is just ordinary movie,slowly paced in kind of negative way,
full of Bale's hissing voice...I got carried,this movie just proves how fanboyism is so high to the extreme,that those people would organize themselves
to rate movie with ratings that it doesn't deserve just to top movie ratings over their nerd rivals,Iron-Man/Avengers.Spiderman fans...And don't start me on those.
I am sorry since I got carried away,but those were just my few cents...

Verdict : Superhero movies are not definitely for people that like...Movies...Just rather transition from old format to one that will probably never die.
It happens that I am kind of allergic to stuff that are in the limelight and SH movies certainly are,and don't take this little rant to personal,since it was not intended
to be obtrusion of my opinion,just sharing of it.I like lot of trashy stuff,such as 80s horror movies,all Godzilla movies and shit...
But I know that most of them are pieces of shit,still,that doesn't stop me from liking them.
As for majority of other people,well they don't know differences from what is really good and what they like from some (un)explained reason.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Mar 2014, 21:29
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Well, I confess I've always preferred the heroes of Marvel because I think its creators and writers most brilliant than DC.

Talking about movies I considered the Hulk, Spider-Men and Iron Men great films: it was until the release of the Dark Knight... Christopher Nolan managed to resurrect the Batman in spectacular fashion, the plot of the film is exellent and the Joker was consecrated as the best villain of all time - he is simply the personification of crime and chaos - the Marvel hardly managed to make a better movie, although the last of the Iron Men are very good.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 12 Mar 2014, 6:18
Post #10

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

DC has Batman. End of story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 12 Mar 2014, 6:55
Post #11

Group Icon

Well SIMEONE sorry if you got the idea this is only about comics.Might be that I missnamed the topic,I meant it more about which universe people like.And like you said everything is online,so that doesnt stop anyone from cheching all sources.
Edit: Forgot the most important thing.DC comics is actually the name of a company,so its Company vs Company,not exactly comic vs comic.

This post has been edited by Red Hood: 12 Mar 2014, 7:54

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 12 Mar 2014, 12:08
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Red Hood @ 12 Mar 2014, 6:55) *
Well SIMEONE sorry if you got the idea this is only about comics.Might be that I missnamed the topic,I meant it more about which universe people like.And like you said everything is online,so that doesnt stop anyone from cheching all sources.
Edit: Forgot the most important thing.DC comics is actually the name of a company,so its Company vs Company,not exactly comic vs comic.

Yeah...I totally forgot to answer which ones I prefer...Marvel.They have some great designs,even their most obscure SHs and villains can be really cool...
Wolverine is probably my favorite.

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 12 Mar 2014, 17:47
Post #13

Group Icon

Ok,thats cool.IIRC I only commented that i like Arrow more than Agents of SHIELD.On the whole universes nobody can claim one is better,only which one they like more.On the whole SHs movies thing they widely vary in quality so you cant rate them all the same.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 12 Mar 2014, 19:51
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

Sorry ,but chuck norris beat then all

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 13 Mar 2014, 9:47
Post #15

Group Icon

HaHa,Chuck-joke,thats fresh,you have a comment on which universe you like more?
NOTE:have to set up a poll.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 13 Mar 2014, 14:45
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

Yes.i would say movies and series are better the ones of dc universe( batman ) but in comics and heroes i would say marvel

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 13 Mar 2014, 16:10
Post #17

Group Icon

By the way did anyone noticed there is a bunch of sites where you van read manga(Im not complaining)but not 1 where you have plain ol' comics?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 14 Mar 2014, 10:55
Post #18

Group Icon

www.ksitetv.com/news/wbtv-releases-an-official-image-of-matt-ryan-as-constantine/29421

Now after Arrow and Flash,Johny Constantine is getting a TV series.Look like DC is seting up a whole TV-universe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 14 Mar 2014, 17:58
Post #19

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Did you guys know most of the Marvel characters are a rip offs from DC?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 14 Mar 2014, 18:28
Post #20

Group Icon

Well fortunatly nobody in DC is wearing a flag on his head.Im not sure if your being sarcastic,but I did notice some similarities.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 14 Mar 2014, 20:09
Post #21

Group Icon

^Which Marvel character wears a flag on his head?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 14 Mar 2014, 21:18
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE (Overdose @ 14 Mar 2014, 17:58) *
Did you guys know most of the Marvel characters are a rip offs from DC?

I always remember Prince Namor and Aqua-Man when someone mention that...
Only one thing,Namor's first appearance was few years before AM...
Then again there are Flash and Quicksilver,flash being older...
It seems that both of Marvel and DC were ripping each others countless times,
but Marvel kind a did it more,but to be honest,most of ripoffs Marvel did were kind a cooler than DC originals.

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 15 Mar 2014, 8:30
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Svea Rike Soldier @ 14 Mar 2014, 20:09) *
^Which Marvel character wears a flag on his head?

RLY,you couldnt guess?Hes in cinemas right now with his second movie.His real name is Steve Rogers,but hes more know as CAPTAIN AMERICA.Also there is the less known heroic alter ego of Norman Osborn: the Iron Patriot,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 15 Mar 2014, 13:17
Post #24

Group Icon

Captain America has an 'A' on his helmet, not a flag.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 15 Mar 2014, 18:59
Post #25

Group Icon

It was a FIGURE OF SPEACH.But for the sake of argument he is DRESSED in american flag,is that better for you?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 6:54