ShockWave 1.0 Released
sheppe
post 27 Nov 2010, 23:08
Post #76

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 389

Real nice Mod guys!

can i ask the reason for the drastic nerf of the pathfinder? and, are Commanche's meant to no longer auto retaliate even with it active?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 28 Nov 2010, 0:49
Post #77

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

QUOTE (sheppe @ 27 Nov 2010, 20:08) *
can i ask the reason for the drastic nerf of the pathfinder?
It was deemed unfair that $600 would counter any infantry force you could come up with. As it is, it's still very effective against infantry though, well worth the investments.

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
Shock
post 28 Nov 2010, 16:29
Post #78

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (Nikon @ 27 Nov 2010, 15:56) *
First I would like to say congrats on the release..truly a labor of love.

I have been following this mod for a LLLOOONNGGG time. I am so glad that this is finally a 1.0 release. Been waiting for like 4 ever.
I play with friends on private networks...(the Hamachi rooms are ALWAYS full) we played quite a few games last night and have discovered that GLA (all of them) are a little OP. We are not noobs nor are we new to Command and Conquer. We even went as far as to test the AI on Hard with the three of us as different GLA factions and the AI assigned as non GLA factions and we won the matches everytime with relative ease. So we decided to play each other in 1V1's..GLA won everytime. Since this is an early test result..it may change after we get in tune with the other faction's nuances. Will keep you apprised of our findings.

If you think there are problems with the balance, please upload the replays of the games you observed this in.

Also you can't test balance versus AI factions.

I will also try to manage the Hamachi rooms better, and appoint subadmins to manage them so they won't be always full smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post 28 Nov 2010, 19:40
Post #79

Group:
Member No.:

Warn: (0%) -----

This might be a easy fix for some people who find that clicking on the shockwave launcher just leads to an error popping up. I found that clicking on the normal zero hour launcher brings up shockwave and not zero hour, and it works just fine. Maybe people should try this ^^ i found this out myself and thought id let ya know

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 28 Nov 2010, 21:32
Post #80

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

QUOTE (Shock @ 28 Nov 2010, 8:29) *
If you think there are problems with the balance, please upload the replays of the games you observed this in.

I will also try to manage the Hamachi rooms better, and appoint subadmins to manage them so they won't be always full smile.gif

My network is never full

+Quote Post
Shock
post 29 Nov 2010, 0:09
Post #81

Forum Green
Group Icon

Neither is it official, so the comment wasn't meant at you. In the past, Shockwave offical networks have always had rather poor management which resulted in personal networks like yours to be preferred by the community after some time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post 29 Nov 2010, 8:49
Post #82

Group:
Member No.:

Warn: (0%) -----

QUOTE (Shock @ 28 Nov 2010, 13:29) *

OK so AI is NOT a good test for balance then...I accept that.

I have also found the quickstart...makes things a bit faster..(one of my friends has a low end rig)

Let me explain GLA OP...GLA is very fast at getting up and running...USA and China factions are slow to start..so by the time the first units are out of a War factory..GLA has a strike force of tanks that out number what USA or China may have. I did however have some luck with Laser General on Blood Staduim 2 against Salvage GLA. Only because there is a choke point.

Of course there are many BO's one may use...but then you are on the backfoot while GLA runs around getting map control. Maybe I should play some of the Shockwave Pros to get some pointers and techniques. but this releasae feels a little different then 95 and 951

I will try to save some replays for you and upload them. But it may be a couple of days for that to happen.

One more thing...I am constantly having to regive build commands to Dozers/Workers....is this a bug or is there something I am missing...nothing more frustrating than thinking a building is being built only to find the building stuck on 0% and the Dozer/Worker sitting there. I do not have any problems like this with Generals or Zero Hour.

This post has been edited by Nikon: 29 Nov 2010, 8:54

+Quote Post
Shock
post 29 Nov 2010, 10:33
Post #83

Forum Green
Group Icon

If you wish to report bugs please go to the Bug report forum and post it there, so I'm not going to respond on that here.

I'll remain prejudiced towards your balance assumptions as we have a very qualified balance team and the balancing of this version has been going on since 0.951, so I am at this moment assuming that you and your friends are just a bit more adept at using GLA than the other two factions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_alabaster_*
post 14 Dec 2010, 22:57
Post #84

Guests

Just got this working on my Mac after extracting the files on a friendly PC.

Gor blimey! It's good isn't it!

First test game was against Ironside on Seaside Mutiny, I set myself to random and got Vanilla GLA. Probably not the best side to go against Ironside but them's the breaks. My god, I very nearly got my arse handed to me. I ended up building 2 Scud Storms and two layers of defences just to hold him back. Every attack got pushed back and through sheer poor handling of Sneak Attacks I did very little damage to his base before having to retreat. He owned the map!

Finally pulled it back though, but getting past swarms of Predator Drones was not easy for my light tanks. I never realised those things were so lethal en masse.

It didn't help that Ironside was still producing Mammoths after I'd knocked out his Strategy centre though.

But I won, barely, it was a solid match.

So congratulations to the team! The AI is far more impressive (it even seems to run a bit more smoothly too!), the new units are great fun (Desert Fly and the new Enforcer are brilliant) and just the overall feel and sense of balance is perfect. Well done!

It's a shame there's to be no more continued development, end of an era.

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 15 Dec 2010, 0:25
Post #85

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

QUOTE (alabaster @ 14 Dec 2010, 19:57) *
It's a shame there's to be no more continued development, end of an era.

mindfuck.gif Don't be so sure!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_alabaster_*
post 15 Dec 2010, 11:50
Post #86

Guests

QUOTE (Overdose @ 15 Dec 2010, 0:25) *
mindfuck.gif Don't be so sure!

Really? I thought it was all just bug fixes from here on in. (and some new models; tomahawk, microwave tank, etc.)

+Quote Post
Shock
post 15 Dec 2010, 12:37
Post #87

Forum Green
Group Icon

QUOTE (alabaster @ 14 Dec 2010, 22:57) *
It didn't help that Ironside was still producing Mammoths after I'd knocked out his Strategy centre though.

New balance in 1.0 dictates you can build mammoths without a strategy center wink.gif

Part of the efforts to make these babies worthwile wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_alabaster_*
post 15 Dec 2010, 14:33
Post #88

Guests

QUOTE (Shock @ 15 Dec 2010, 13:37) *
New balance in 1.0 dictates you can build mammoths without a strategy center wink.gif

Part of the efforts to make these babies worthwile wink.gif

It's certainly worked to beef up his toughness. The guy is deadly!

I'm going to have to formulate new tactics.

+Quote Post
Guest_Valour_*
post 18 Dec 2010, 17:41
Post #89

Guests

Why do 'people' keep complaining about the Lasergen being rubbish? Untouched?

I think his units look better (liking the purple energy theme), play better, have more of a detailed feel to them and I think overall he's much improved. I could complain easily more about other Generals but I don't because I know the SHKW team will make amendments as appropriate.

Get over it! dry.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_alabaster_*
post 18 Dec 2010, 21:37
Post #90

Guests

QUOTE (Valour @ 18 Dec 2010, 18:41) *
Why do 'people' keep complaining about the Lasergen being rubbish? Untouched?

I think his units look better (liking the purple energy theme), play better, have more of a detailed feel to them and I think overall he's much improved. I could complain easily more about other Generals but I don't because I know the SHKW team will make amendments as appropriate.

Get over it! dry.gif

People have argued that the play experience isn't as varied with Townes because of the relative lack of new units. It's not about how the units look.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 0:49