IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2.0 Generals Discussion, Since the full version of 1.87 is going to be coming soon.
XAOC-RU-
post 10 Jan 2017, 17:13
Post #126

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 10 Jan 2017, 19:07) *
#5: Zhukov "needs permission from the Premier", so yes he keeps the GP requirement

biggrin.gif Thats really good joke answer to explain why Zhukov cannot use Topols by default LOL biggrin.gif. Thanks for info
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 10 Jan 2017, 17:18
Post #127

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (XAOC-RU- @ 10 Jan 2017, 17:13) *
biggrin.gif Thats really good joke answer to explain why Zhukov cannot use Topols by default LOL biggrin.gif. Thanks for info

It's not even a joke, I'm serious. It's the same reason why Sulaymaan's Mercs are locked behind a GP point - he needs to sign the contract first.

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 11 Jan 2017, 9:44
Post #128

Group Icon

Member No.: 11944

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 10 Jan 2017, 8:18) *
It's not even a joke, I'm serious. It's the same reason why Sulaymaan's Mercs are locked behind a GP point - he needs to sign the contract first.

So GPs such as the nuclear protocol and the mercenary contracts are still locked behind GPs even for respective generals. Makes sense, given that Topols and Missile Silos are no joke in terms of firepower. Also kinda cool that there is a sort of logical reasoning behind it, Zhukov needing authorization from the Russian higher ups and Sulaymaan actually having to sign the contract before getting mercenary help. Though I'm not exactly sure which GPs as of 1.87 are going to be getting this treatment. For example:
1. (Russia) The GP that gives you the Russian Hind and the Goliath Upgrade. I doubt that the Hind and Goliath are going to be locked behind a GP in 2.0 for Orlov, given that he's the only one that gets it at that point, but I would need confirmation on that.
2. (ECA) Fire Support GP. Again, because Charles in 2.0 will be the only one getting the Claymore Howitzers and Harriers, I doubt that he'll have to pay a GP to use either of those units.
3. (USA) Armored Company and Covert Forces GP. Since Bradley and Thorn respectively are the only ones to use those units, they probably won't be locked behind a GP, since none of the units in either unlock felt particularly overpowered/broken.

I'm actually curious for the reasoning behind some of the GPs myself if this is the case for most of them. Stuff like Mass Mobilization for example; unless that's a GP for all Chinese generals, I'm assuming Chen is the only one that gets it. What's the reasoning then in that case? Is it because Chen requires authorization from the Chinese Politburo to allow additional recruitment, training, and manufacturing abilities? Or is there some other reasoning that I'm missing?

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 11 Jan 2017, 9:54
Post #129

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

All current Rank 1 Unit unlocks will be removed from the game Aside from VVS , Mecenary Contract and ICBMs. The rest of the units will be avaliable from the get go.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 11 Jan 2017, 10:11
Post #130

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Mizo @ 11 Jan 2017, 9:54) *
All current Rank 1 Unit unlocks will be removed from the game Aside from VVS , Mecenary Contract and ICBMs. The rest of the units will be avaliable from the get go.

Almost; Munitions Bunker/Munition Track GP will remain as well for Willem.

Also, Goliath System is for everyone.

+Quote Post
Omnius64
post 11 Jan 2017, 13:26
Post #131

Group Icon

Member No.: 10479

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 10 Jan 2017, 15:07) *
#1: Well, there's the Gun Turret, the Mortar Pit, plans for a Milan Defence...
#2: There will be a new artillery unit which, as of yet, is completely unrevealed, which will belong to Willem and Wolfgang. Beyond that, wait and see.
#3: It is planned that it will expand into a three-rank GP which only Bradley has access to.
#4: Yes, he will have something more interesting instead.
#5: Zhukov "needs permission from the Premier", so yes he keeps the GP requirement, but it will be expanded to include things not yet revealed. China being much more liberal with nukes, Mau does not, but that is balanced by his nuclear weapons being a little weaker than Zhukov's to achieve a balance with his EMP and Napalm options.

Milan defense? Thats a new concept, or its something IRL? because cant find it what that means. Not trying to fish, but if you are refering to something in real life, I cant find it. Anyway, the question was about the Gun turret (exclusive to Wilhem) replacement for the other ECA Generals. Will each one have its own turret? Or both Wolfang and Charles will have the same Gun Turret replacement?.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 11 Jan 2017, 15:55
Post #132

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

It's a real thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MILAN

+Quote Post
atmospheric
post 11 Jan 2017, 17:41
Post #133

Group Icon

Member No.: 13346

131 replies? Imagine when 2.0 actually comes out! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Loluthinks
post 12 Jan 2017, 16:38
Post #134

Group Icon

Member No.: 10891

Would the 2.0 will be able to correct definetly the lag problem when ai spam too much units?, also the ai will be improved in their fighting logics?, the ai will manage to use each general correctly?

--------------------
When Will Be The Day EA Dont Force Players To Buy New Content And Make Worse And Worse Games Every Time

http://www.moddb.com/mods/south-american-union-dlc For Rise Of The Reds

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 12 Jan 2017, 16:44
Post #135

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Loluthinks @ 12 Jan 2017, 16:38) *
Would the 2.0 will be able to correct definetly the lag problem when ai spam too much units?

Emphasis mine, and the answer to "definitely" is no. Will it be able to correct the problem at all? Probably, maybe. Mizo has done a tremendously good job so far, so it can get better from here on.

also the ai will be improved in their fighting logics?

Did you compare the 1.86 AI to the 1.87PB AI? You should notice the massive improvement that has already happened.

the ai will manage to use each general correctly?

Emphasis mine, and the answer is maybe. They will use the Generals to some degree well, however, that's unlikely to not be the case.

+Quote Post
Loluthinks
post 12 Jan 2017, 17:10
Post #136

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 12 Jan 2017, 16:44) *
Emphasis mine, and the answer to "definitely" is no. Will it be able to correct the problem at all? Probably, maybe. Mizo has done a tremendously good job so far, so it can get better from here on.

Did you compare the 1.86 AI to the 1.87PB AI? You should notice the massive improvement that has already happened.

Emphasis mine, and the answer is maybe. They will use the Generals to some degree well, however, that's unlikely to not be the case.

I dont know if play the beta 1.87 now or wait until it release the stable version, i dint saw it on 1.87 yet, about the lag, i know is because the game engine, not only generals, but also battle from middle earth 1 and 2 is affected by this problem too, was a big mistake from EA dont fix this with their games, the pathfinding ai use make the game slow as hell after an hour, i though maybe having a stronger machine running the game would help, but after some time it happen too.

about the ai with the generals, i ask because if each general is focused on single tactic, then dont will be easier to code ai for use that general on that single tactic instead in every aspect as is until now?, for example, is not nessesary to give ai logic to general bradley about air force, only about tank fighting, the opossite will be with general griffon, saying that i suppose general thorn and similar in each faction will be the harder to code, because the tactics they need to use in order to win.

--------------------
When Will Be The Day EA Dont Force Players To Buy New Content And Make Worse And Worse Games Every Time

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 12 Jan 2017, 17:21
Post #137

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

Bradley still has airforce, Griffon still has tanks - no reason to confine them to a single tactic.

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 12 Jan 2017, 17:23
Post #138

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

QUOTE (Loluthinks @ 12 Jan 2017, 16:10) *
I dont know if play the beta 1.87 now or wait until it release the stable version, i dint saw it on 1.87 yet, about the lag,

1.87 is less laggy than 1.86

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 12 Jan 2017, 17:28
Post #139

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Loluthinks @ 12 Jan 2017, 17:10) *
about the ai with the generals, i ask because if each general is focused on single tactic, then dont will be easier to code ai for use that general on that single tactic instead in every aspect as is until now?, for example, is not nessesary to give ai logic to general bradley about air force, only about tank fighting, the opossite will be with general griffon, saying that i suppose general thorn and similar in each faction will be the harder to code, because the tactics they need to use in order to win.

No you're wrong, none of the Generals lose assets. Bradley has airplanes. Griffon and Thorn have tanks. Yusuuf has heavy artillery. Willem can tank-rush, etc.

I posted this generic chart on the second page to illustrate the difference between ROTR and ZH:

+Quote Post
Loluthinks
post 12 Jan 2017, 17:42
Post #140

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 12 Jan 2017, 17:28) *
No you're wrong, none of the Generals lose assets. Bradley has airplanes. Griffon and Thorn have tanks. Yusuuf has heavy artillery. Willem can tank-rush, etc.

I posted this generic chart on the second page to illustrate the difference between ROTR and ZH:

I wasnt awared of this, i though they sacrified some aspect of their main things in exchange to expand futher their specialitation, for example, i though griffon will be unable to build tanks, only AA units and some infantry to protect base, and all resources, improvements and other would go to aircraft and air units.
but about thorn is like this right?, is the kind of general and the others on each faction who would be the hardest for code, because special tactics

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 12 Jan 2017, 17:59
Post #141

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 10450

Well you just have to wait and see.....

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Purple
post 13 Jan 2017, 18:41
Post #142

Group Icon

Member No.: 13498

QUOTE (Skitt @ 12 Jan 2017, 17:23) *
1.87 is less laggy than 1.86

I disagree. In my experience 1.87 both lags and crashes a lot more.

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:
- Aggressive amounts of micromanagement.
- Superweapon whack-a-mole.

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 14 Jan 2017, 19:15
Post #143

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 10 Jan 2017, 21:18) *

Contract is ok. You spend your special money/points/gp for new contract. In Topol case you spend exactly same points without any permission from premier lol smile.gif. Thats why it looks like a joke smile.gif

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 14 Jan 2017, 19:20
Post #144

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 11 Jan 2017, 14:11) *
Almost; Munitions Bunker/Munition Track GP will remain as well for Willem.

Also, Goliath System is for everyone.

Goliath for all Ruskies. Love it:)

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 14 Jan 2017, 19:25
Post #145

Group Icon

QUOTE (XAOC-RU- @ 14 Jan 2017, 20:15) *
In Topol case you spend exactly same points without any permission from premier lol smile.gif. Thats why it looks like a joke smile.gif

We could always make it a 3 GP branch :V

Level 1: Call Suvorov
Level 2: Ask Suvorov
Level 3: Get permission

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 14 Jan 2017, 19:30
Post #146

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 14 Jan 2017, 19:25) *
We could always make it a 3 GP branch :V

Level 1: Call Suvorov
Level 2: Ask Suvorov
Level 3: Get permission

Or just leave it as it is, with 1GP point for all of these: "Call Premier, ask Premier, receive permission from Premier." tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 14 Jan 2017, 19:33
Post #147

Group Icon

Not enough bureaucracy

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Purple
post 14 Jan 2017, 19:45
Post #148

Group Icon

Member No.: 13498

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 14 Jan 2017, 19:33) *
Not enough bureaucracy

The bureaucracy part is in the build time.

Every time you build a new missile the actual build time is like 5 seconds and having it ship to you is maybe another 5. The rest is you filling out the request forms in triplicate, mailing them, receiving confirmation forms to fill in, mailing those in, requisitioning the warhead and missile separately, getting two missiles delivered but no warhead and having to return the extra one with a complaint form... And all this with a state employed 70 year old office clerk who only types with his index finger one deliberate keystroke at a time on a mechanical typewriter.

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:
- Aggressive amounts of micromanagement.
- Superweapon whack-a-mole.

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 14 Jan 2017, 20:14
Post #149

Group Icon

The Topol system will not be complete until one has to mail an actual request to SWR in order to buy a warhead :V

This post has been edited by Hanfield: 14 Jan 2017, 20:14

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Neutrino
post 16 Jan 2017, 1:47
Post #150

Group Icon

Member No.: 9633

About GLA,
- Is the grad an exclusive unit? If yes, do other GLA genrals get as replacement for it?
- Is Yusuf's focus on suicide units? Are the bomb trucks/terrorists exclusive to him? Does he get more demo weapons?
- I saw that Ibrahim will have acids to deal with vehicles. How are they going to be implemented? Will they be an upgrade for already available anti-tank weapons? Or will there be a unit(s) that uses acid as a primary weapon?

--------------------
"How about we sing "Kyle's Mom is a Stupid Bitch" in D minor..."

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 13:45