VDV SQUAD, How?
XAOC-RU-
post 30 Dec 2016, 13:01
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (Scud @ 30 Dec 2016, 11:04) *
If the Sentinel and the rest of Generals units AI were smarter to pick targets like in CNC3 not only formation will be the perfect solution, if that was the case I could just ram them against enemies units the sentinel will shot the cannon against vehicles (if they are inside their range) and roll over the pesky infantry. The most notables problem with the old Generals Ctrl-F or "formation command" it isn't work like the one in CnC3, in Generals you need to create the "formation" manually, in CnC3 by default the units you move mantain the move speed of the slower unit in the group, and if you use the "left-click+right-click" shortcut, the game automaticlly get your artillery units behind your tanks and the infantry on the front. Another problem with the formation move is (if I remember right) it doesn't work with the "attack move" command. My suggestion in that case is to atleast move those units like most artillery with the attack move behind the units you move with the Ctrl-F, most of these units are to slow to pass even units like the golem, the Sentinel, Manticore and ECAs Tank Destroy could be the exceptions, it alto make the micro with them a lot easier. This work great with Sentinels+Buratino, Overlords+infernos, almost anything usa as + Tomas+Drones vehicle... thing

Another good tip is to use Guard Mode with every "single" artillery/bomber to emulate the "assault" command from cnc3 and to prevent situations like 4 Nighthawk dropping their bombs against a single unit / building. But most of you guys do this already if I'm not wrong.

This is a good suggestions but they never will be done due to sage limitations which make allgames based on it much harder to play. Thats what I calls excess unnessasary management. When I move each unit in right position and spend a time for that I remember warcraft1 where people had to do same things with each unit. WC3 in compare to generals much friendly in unit and army management
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scud
post 30 Dec 2016, 13:11
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11600

QUOTE (XAOC-RU- @ 30 Dec 2016, 9:01) *
This is a good suggestions but they never will be done due to sage limitations which make allgames based on it much harder to play. Thats what I calls excess unnessasary management. When I move each unit in right position and spend a time for that I remember warcraft1 where people had to do same things with each unit. WC3 in compare to generals much friendly in unit and army management

Yeah, I know the SAGE limitations, I just post a workaround. Ho, I don't make me remember those times... I remember the tedious SC1, babysiting builders/collectors all day.

--------------------
AzizAmbush to Bruce: "No, you take the oil, you're America"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 April 2024 - 10:55