IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

I have gotta ask, when's 'Tidal Wars' gonna be released, if it still is?
FloppySovereign
post 29 Jul 2014, 7:38
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Adelaide, SA, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Cos System, Milkyway, Quadrant A1
Member No.: 10542

Been wondering, is tidal wars still a mod in production? Coz I've kinda jumped the gun and designed multiple ships and buildings, hoping to submit them to Tidal Wars, but I'm not actually sure if tidal wars is still on or not? Anyone know?

--------------------
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SeraphsWrath
post 19 Nov 2015, 17:57
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12343

QUOTE (FloppyDisk99 @ 30 Jul 2014, 14:21) *
Fair enough, ad as for Japan, ironically enough, a few of my mates and myself have stated to design the Japanese faction for C&C, but all of us a gutter grade at idea gen, so we've decided to just play RUSE, and model most of the stuff from there, and we all (six of us) hope to be able to covert the C&C gameplay into something like RUSE, with a tonne of units, and a tonne of buildings and stuff.
[snip]

[snip]
Funny enough all of this came together within about 2 hours, with a hell of a lot of phone calls, texting and broken tips on lead pencils.........

[snip]

Sorry thought I would let peps know of my future ambitions

1st snip: Well, for designing for C&C, you first have to get a theme. What is this nation's playstyle? For the US, it's building and upgrading a few relatively small, multi-purpose squadrons and battle with those, as well as developing aerial, technological, and superweapon superiority. China is more based on large tank/infantry battalions with more specialized units. The GLA is even more specialized, relying on stealth, toxins, and salvage (because a toxin tractor is really only good against infantry, and Marauders and Scorpions are really only good (1v1) against vehicles.)

2nd snip: Basically how my novel began, without the phone calls or texting.

3rd snip: Hey, don't say sorry. I'm glad that you have ambitions with modding.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 2:53