Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Need some strategy tips for single player
thefran
post 19 Jan 2017, 14:05
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14327

I've never played multiplayer, only completed all campaigns and several challenges on medium or hard in vanilla Generals and ZH.

Due to a combination of me being very rusty and the AI being (subjectively) improved, I get absolutely pummeled on Challenge mode. As China Nuke, I try to turtle a bit till I can get some nukes and overlords going, get a defense line of 3-4 Gattling tanks and a propaganda tower as I go north with a Desolator, 2 Gattlings and a Dozer to establish a second supply center, and then get rolled by a bunch of laser paladins and that damnable laser artillery. (Rocket soldiers don't help much obviously). Build order is reactor-racks (capture, 4 Red Guards, capture oil derricks and whatnot, then camp in a building)-prop tower-supply-war factory-2 supply trucks-gattlings and rad tanks-nuclear center-strategy center-dead.

As US Laser, I kinda expected to get an easy win against Granger before realising that I don't actually have good ground air defense. Sure, he doesn't get countermeasures against my lasers, but I build a half-circle of laser partriots as I desperately try to build a good tank wave, but avengers turn out to be very expensive and very cost inefficient, his raptors kill them easy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
thefran
post 25 Jan 2017, 7:20
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14327

So I've made it to Leang as China Nuke, and it's ridiculous. With any other general, the point seems to be deflecting earlier attacks, securing a second supply source, then surviving an offensive and burning them.

Here I'm getting over the river, spreading out my base a little (because I won't get two nuclear missiles up before the first earthshaker is ready to launch), difficult as it might be as the terrain is really bad, taking out her artillery with my nuke cannons bit by bit, and then the meatgrinder starts and just won't end. I try to get things out with one or two nuke cannons or groups of 4 artillery, enforced by a small fist of 5-7 battlemasters, 2-3 overlords, and gattling tanks. but i need so many gattling tanks. I have an entire war factory designated to churning out gattling tanks non-stop.

This post has been edited by thefran: 25 Jan 2017, 7:22
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 22:48