Reply to this topicStart new topic
Modern warfare 2 glitches?, Online mode
Mobza
post 16 Dec 2009, 4:57
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 287

Has any one yet experienced some chaotic glitches lately? I was out to get 1 more harrier for the animated harrier emblem and to complete the vertical takeoff III challenge, I go to the HC HQ pro game mode and get put into an 18 player FFA ranked private match in Rust. It was just epic, no other way to describe the chaos there. After that match had ended due to a nuke, I go back and select HC HQ pro and a match starts normally in scrapyard, until I see that every one in the map had auto grenade launchers with infinite grenades and no reloading, but the same applied with ALL weps, no reloading, no ammo usage. our team captured the HQ and I got noob tubed with like 50 grenades, and was spectating a team mate who just got an AC130 from a care package, he opened the laptop and just raped everything with the 105mm cannon which was firing like a machine gun. It was fun for a bit but then I saw my K/D ratio and was gobsmacked at how much it shrunk. 1 in every 3 matches has a chaotic glitch in it for me and Im getting put off from playing this game now, the last thing I wanted was to have some major glitches which ruin the game like the maps in WaW had with the under map areas, the fusing with scenery etc...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ultimentra
post 16 Dec 2009, 9:39
Post #2

^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Yea I have been trying to join 3rd person team death match lately and it sends to never ending deathmatch in rust CTF with no flag and team mates that when you kill them you get points. I was like WTF? So yea your no the only one. I just started playing hardcore TD. No problems there. yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 16 Dec 2009, 10:38
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Mobza @ 16 Dec 2009, 1:57) *
Has any one yet experienced some chaotic glitches lately? I was out to get 1 more harrier for the animated harrier emblem and to complete the vertical takeoff III challenge, I go to the HC HQ pro game mode and get put into an 18 player FFA ranked private match in Rust. It was just epic, no other way to describe the chaos there. After that match had ended due to a nuke, I go back and select HC HQ pro and a match starts normally in scrapyard, until I see that every one in the map had auto grenade launchers with infinite grenades and no reloading, but the same applied with ALL weps, no reloading, no ammo usage. our team captured the HQ and I got noob tubed with like 50 grenades, and was spectating a team mate who just got an AC130 from a care package, he opened the laptop and just raped everything with the 105mm cannon which was firing like a machine gun. It was fun for a bit but then I saw my K/D ratio and was gobsmacked at how much it shrunk. 1 in every 3 matches has a chaotic glitch in it for me and Im getting put off from playing this game now, the last thing I wanted was to have some major glitches which ruin the game like the maps in WaW had with the under map areas, the fusing with scenery etc...

Sounds more like hackers. I hear there's quite a lot of them in MW2. Personally, I haven't experienced anything like this OR major glitches yet, but then again, I stopped playing after three days of not being able to connect in nine out of ten cases and getting noobtubed and Predator-spammed on the few occasions I actually GOT that far. Either way, it only goes to show that IW cocked this one up. I played MW1 for ages, levelling up three accounts all the way to level 55 and I haven't encountered any hackers or gamebreaking glitches whatsoever, so this one is obviously 'different' in some way.

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 16 Dec 2009, 11:23
Post #4

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

You were matchmade into one of those modded servers, the same like the ones they showed that hacker demo of the dedicated servers on. IW is going to patch this soon ("somewhere before Christmas" was the deadline for their first big patch iirc).

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 16 Dec 2009, 12:22
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Chyros @ 16 Dec 2009, 8:23) *
You were matchmade into one of those modded servers, the same like the ones they showed that hacker demo of the dedicated servers on. IW is going to patch this soon ("somewhere before Christmas" was the deadline for their first big patch iirc).

Only thing they will accomplish with that is giving them something new to crack.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ultimentra
post 30 Dec 2009, 21:23
Post #6

^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Update: Javelin glitch, glitch server, and apparently akimbo 1887 have all been fixed. I have yet to see javeldom, glitch servers, and the range of akimbo 1887s has indeed been visibly reduced.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 30 Dec 2009, 22:03
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 123

Yes, but disconnects and lags are getting worse. And still not possible to play in a Party (2 People!) for me.

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 30 Dec 2009, 22:07
Post #8

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

What's funny is that Activision wants to start to charge for online soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
E.V.E.
post 30 Dec 2009, 22:53
Post #9

Femme Fatale Of The Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 3
Make my Day, Baby!

With MW2?
Or with their Future Products?

- E.V.E.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 30 Dec 2009, 23:02
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

with future products i posted a thread about that a while ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 30 Dec 2009, 23:07
Post #11

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

QUOTE (ultimentra @ 30 Dec 2009, 18:23) *
blah blah blah and the range of akimbo 1887s has indeed been visibly reduced.
Actually there is a way to still have the old 1887's range back; a rather blatant code oversight on Activision's part.

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
Raven
post 31 Dec 2009, 0:32
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

Didn't encounter any of those glitches so far although i noticed some guys seem to have lot of health (when not using pain killer). Perhaps somethings wrong with hit detection due to lag, but still i saw some ppl shooting at the same guy for a long time without killing him. Why i assume this is a glitch is that it does not happen with all players in a match. I came across 2 or 3 guys during the past few days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 31 Dec 2009, 3:23
Post #13

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

QUOTE (Raven @ 30 Dec 2009, 21:32) *
Didn't encounter any of those glitches so far although i noticed some guys seem to have lot of health (when not using pain killer). Perhaps somethings wrong with hit detection due to lag, but still i saw some ppl shooting at the same guy for a long time without killing him. Why i assume this is a glitch is that it does not happen with all players in a match. I came across 2 or 3 guys during the past few days.
Seemingly high health can be due to the following factors:
-lag making your shots seem to hit earlier than they do & input lag
-Painkiller
-Last and Final Stand
-misses

No bug, glitch or hack of any kind is known that can increase your health.

--------------------
TN

--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
Raven
post 31 Dec 2009, 9:11
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

i guess.....i can rule out last stand and final stand. I may notice it as player specific since those players may have very low pings compared to mine. I never get pings over 3 bars sad.gif

This post has been edited by Raven: 31 Dec 2009, 9:11

--------------------

+Quote Post
beefJeRKy
post 31 Dec 2009, 22:18
Post #15

Formerly Scopejim
Group Icon

Member No.: 38
Electronics Engineer

QUOTE (Overdose @ 30 Dec 2009, 20:07) *
What's funny is that Activision wants to start to charge for online soon.

They better not try with this relatively horrid service. Paid for services like XBox Live work well but limiting it to one game is somewhat expensive :/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17 June 2024 - 11:30