Reply to this topicStart new topic
Counter Revolution, Final mission for Orlov campaign
RedDeadSmeg
post 14 Aug 2017, 23:45
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

This is the final mission in the Orlov campaign, using an improved version of the Red Revolution map.

"General, this is it. You must end Aleksandr's reign of terror. When our army went to support you in Iraq against the GLA, the traitor took the Kremlin unopposed. You now control the main army, along with our fearsome Blackbear Sentinel Tanks. General Orlov is on hand to support you, but you must capture the nearest Command Bunker to give his troops a foot hold. Once Orlov has arrived, destroy any traitors that stand between you and Aleksandr, and bring the Kremlin down."

"Only Orlov and yourself can restore Russia to glory. We are counting on you to end this madness. Good luck."

Objective 1: Capture the orange Command Bunker. DO NOT destroy it.

Objective 2: Destroy the Kremlin's Command Bunker.

Hints:

Capture the orange Command Bunker quickly. The longer you take the heavier the forces your enemies will use.

You don't have access to the Tremor or Golem Tanks, but you do have Sentinels on your side and you can access Russian nuclear weapons.

Orlov will attack fast and hard with mostly air units. This leaves him vulnerable defensively, so keep an eye on his base.

The two bases flanking the Kremlin will now produce attack teams, so be prepared once you enter Moscow.

[attachment=2585:RedRevol...onRussia.zip]

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 15 Aug 2017, 7:20
Post #2

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Perfect. Now that was satisfying. I sent waves after waves of tanks into the Kremlin and watched as they die by enemy counter-attack waves. Now that is how a real last stand should be.

Can we have Freedom Revolution next? aw.gif

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 15 Aug 2017, 7:22

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 15 Aug 2017, 9:10
Post #3

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Gonna try this tongue.gif

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 15 Aug 2017, 12:31
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 15 Aug 2017, 7:20) *
Perfect. Now that was satisfying. I sent waves after waves of tanks into the Kremlin and watched as they die by enemy counter-attack waves. Now that is how a real last stand should be.

Can we have Freedom Revolution next? aw.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed it, having those last two bases being able to produce desperate attack teams really helps the last part of the mission.

Thank you for playing the campaign, it really helps getting comments on how to improve the missions with different eyes. Would you prefer if I made a complete campaign folder (as in getting a complete experience in one go) which would take longer, or carry on making individual mission for a campaign to critique?

Also, yes, at some point there will be a Freedom Revolution tongue.gif

Mizo let me know what you think, after all you if it wasn't for you this map would be a laggy mess. smile.gif

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 15 Aug 2017, 14:04
Post #5

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

IMO it's better to keep things as they are now, considering the length of your previous missions. That, and save/load doesn't work that well for long games.

Great to hear it. I have my own version of the mod with many extra goods for USA and I've been wanting to try them on this map. Looking forward to it smile.gif

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 15 Aug 2017, 14:06

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 19 Aug 2017, 1:27
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

Nice mission. But black bear being available from get go - after reaching Tier 2 - makes it too easy, imho. I've reached orange Command Bunker, and then reached bridges to Alex's main base with just 2 Mstas, Buratino, MTP and Black Bear. Then his choppers came in and finally stopped me.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 19 Aug 2017, 1:28

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 25 Aug 2017, 20:36
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 19 Aug 2017, 1:27) *
Nice mission. But black bear being available from get go - after reaching Tier 2 - makes it too easy, imho. I've reached orange Command Bunker, and then reached bridges to Alex's main base with just 2 Mstas, Buratino, MTP and Black Bear. Then his choppers came in and finally stopped me.

I understand what you mean, but the Blackbear is there from the start because it's the last mission in the campaign so I wanted it to be special. Think of it like the last USA mission of the original generals where you could build a combined US-China army because you reached the final mission. If I did this just as a one off mission I would not have granted the player the Blackbear.

Thanks for playing.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 11 Oct 2017, 4:05
Post #8

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

RDS, do you plan on making ECA and USA version of the Red/Counter/Salvage Revolution? If you have time of course. Oh boy, I just can't stop playing your missions. biggrin.gif Looking forward to any future missions.

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 11 Oct 2017, 18:07
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 11 Oct 2017, 4:05) *
RDS, do you plan on making ECA and USA version of the Red/Counter/Salvage Revolution? If you have time of course. Oh boy, I just can't stop playing your missions. biggrin.gif Looking forward to any future missions.

I do indeed, I'm not sure which one to make first so I might do a poll to see which has more interest. Making them shouldn't take long as the map is done and I can use most of the scripting from the last version, it'll just be a case of fitting them round the campaigns for time.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 11 Oct 2017, 20:42
Post #10

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

Great! biggrin.gif I like all of your missions, but this one especially. Keep up the great work! smile.gif

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
jl319
post 12 Oct 2017, 12:34
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 14916

Hmmm though I'm not really focused on playing Russia, I liked your ECA missions, and so I'm going to try this Orlov map series smile.gif

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 12 Oct 2017, 20:48
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (jl319 @ 12 Oct 2017, 12:34) *
Hmmm though I'm not really focused on playing Russia, I liked your ECA missions, and so I'm going to try this Orlov map series smile.gif

Glad to hear it, let me know how it turns out biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Reaper19
post 18 Jul 2018, 15:33
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 16157

I've already played this mission a long time ago, both this version and the remake version with the Chinese arsenal mixed into it (not the Realer Red Revolution version) but I didn't make any comment(s) about it so here it is, "deep breath inhale" I gotten through this mission (which took a good while) and I surprisingly made it through without the Blackbear and Nuclear weapons (usually I'd go with one or the other or both if the Tremor AGAS isn't available), I took a page from War Raven book (as much as I didn't want to admit it but he's got a few points in strategies...) and thought more carefully about how to go about this mission.
I found that glaring back entrance to the orange base with Boris and I assaulted it immediately from there (and taking your hint of doing so quickly because I know how heavy Russia's attacks are, I for one am a big fan of using them after all) with my starting team of six Kodiak tanks, one Sentinel Tank, and of course Boris along with the VDV gunners and RPGs, it got a little confusing when I captured the Command Bunker and the orange base self destructed and everything turned Midnight blue but when I realised it was Orlov's forces in control I proceeded onward to the brown base and then to the purple and Black bases (Black guard was a pain in the ass to deal with) and then the Kremlin Command Bunker which I finally destroyed with Boris (Frank Jaeger and Black Lotus isn't the only life saver in ROTR! XD).
besides the damn Tremor AGAS superweapons (the brown one and then the purple one after that) taunting me with their countdowns and threatening to blow my ass into oblivion several times over (not a good feeling at all, thankfully Boris took care of the purple one which was out of reach of my forces that took care of the brown one) and the game crashing several times (which forced me to save the mission often) it was a solid final mission to yet another one of your awesome custom campaigns (I think I said this before but I like the Orlov and Aleksandr campaigns) and yet another damn good remaster of Red Revolution (Counter Revolution with this one, nice name btw ;D)

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 18 Jul 2018, 22:04
Post #14

Group Icon

Thanks mate I really appreciate it smile.gif The Red Revolution map is by far my favourite map I've created, I may come back to it at some point in the future, with less lag and less crashes....hopefully tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Reaper19
post 19 Jul 2018, 17:53
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (RedDeadSmeg @ 18 Jul 2018, 12:04) *
Thanks mate I really appreciate it smile.gif The Red Revolution map is by far my favourite map I've created, I may come back to it at some point in the future, with less lag and less crashes....hopefully tongue.gif

I am kinda curious though, are you going to make another Red Revolution with the USA and call it something like "Eagle Revolution"? I'm just wondering because you've already made one for China, GLA, and now Russia (three versions for Russia actually) so yeah like I said I'm curious

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 19 Jul 2018, 21:22
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Reaper19 @ 19 Jul 2018, 17:53) *
I am kinda curious though, are you going to make another Red Revolution with the USA and call it something like "Eagle Revolution"? I'm just wondering because you've already made one for China, GLA, and now Russia (three versions for Russia actually) so yeah like I said I'm curious

At some point yeah, I tried to replicate 'Chrono Storm' from Red Alert 2 for the US but because the map is so tightly packed it kept crashing. I also need to do an ECA one, but at the moment I'm trying to work on Chinese Covert Mission 5. I have a lack of motivation right now so I don't know when the Campaign will be complete before moving on to the new projects.

+Quote Post
Reaper19
post 12 Aug 2018, 1:43
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (RedDeadSmeg @ 19 Jul 2018, 11:22) *
At some point yeah, I tried to replicate 'Chrono Storm' from Red Alert 2 for the US but because the map is so tightly packed it kept crashing. I also need to do an ECA one, but at the moment I'm trying to work on Chinese Covert Mission 5. I have a lack of motivation right now so I don't know when the Campaign will be complete before moving on to the new projects.

Is the ECA version gonna be the same as the Russian, Chinese and GLA version of Red Revolution and are you talking about the final Allied mission of Red Alert 2 where they teleport their forces straight into Moscow via their Chronosphere? If so then how are you gonna have the U.S.A. troops appear in Moscow?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 16:28