Closed TopicStart new topic
Rise of the Reds Update: Beasts of Steel
MARS
post 22 Nov 2013, 12:10
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

In today's update, we present you the overhauled versions of two ROTR classics as well as a new vehicle that replaces the BRDM-1 in the Russian Armour Reserves drop power. Also, do not be alarmed by the sudden skip in the timeline. These renders were originally part of an upcoming story update that was scheduled for later, which prevented us from showing new screenshots featuring these units because we didn't want to spoil them before the update. Now that you're about to see the actual renders, you can also expect to see these units in action as well soon. Enjoy.

The TT-2 Tesla tank is the successor of the original TT-1 testbed vehicle. Despite the impressive lethality of its experimental electrolaser weapon, the first model was marred by early design flaws due to its lightweight construction as it was merely a tank in name only. Taking these issues into account, General Aleksandr has chosen the BMPT combat vehicle as the basic platform for the new model. The chassis has been extensively modified to accomodate for a high-voltage power capacitor and the single 'embedded' Tesla coil of the original vehicle has been replaced by a set of two smaller coils mounted on a rotating turret. Prior to seeing service at the frontline of the Russo-European War in late 2048, the new Tesla tanks were spontaneously redeployed to Slovakia, where they put a definitive end to the famed Bratislava uprising within only three days.

Originally designed to survive on a nuclear battlefield but scrapped upon orders of Chairman Khrushchev in 1960, the experimental heavy tank 'Obyekt 279' was given a new life as the T-279 'Golem' by General Aleksandr. During the Russo-European War, the Golem tanks of the Shock Divisions attained a reputation that even rivalled the mighty Sentinel tanks of the Russian Army. Some of the war's most notorious Russian tank aces such as Anatoliy Kovalenko, who was the first to force a Manticore tank to retreat with severe turret damage, or Polina Novikova, who stalled the advance of ECA Battlegroup Boudica for an entire day outside Amsterdam, commanded a Golem tank and as the front shifted back to Russian-held Germany in early 2049, many of these elite veterans were granted access to the new T-279M variant as a last ditch effort to turn the tide of war in Aleksandr's favour once again. The already massive 130mm cannon of the original tank was replaced by an excessive 152mm gun and the turret was equipped with two heavy 14.5mm KPV machine guns for anti-aircraft duty. In addition to its updated weaponry, the new model was also outfitted with the Shtora-2 active protection system, which consisted of two components: An array of powerful electro-optical jammers that prevent any missile or rangefinder from getting a clear lock on the tank and a battery of extremely powerful flash grenades which blind infantry. This combined effect of jamming, confusion and sheer terror makes it momentarily impossible to attack the Golem. However, even the new Golem only managed to delay what many already regarded as inevitable - including President Nikolai Suvorov himself.

With his armed forces hard pressed to resist the joint counter-attack of the Europeans and their American allies, President Suvorov has ordered the mobilisation of additional vehicles from Russia's vast reserves of Cold War era equipment. The fast, lightly armoured BRDM-2 has been refurbished and armed with any surplus anti-tank guided missile available. Despite their overall dated technology, the vehicles can take advantage of their agility to surprise enemy tanks, which made them a useful, airdroppable support asset during the massive armoured engagements that took place in northern and central Germany during the ECA's advance on Berlin. It is also worth noting that the BRDM-2 has enough internal space to transport four soldiers in full gear.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 22 Nov 2013, 12:35
Post #2

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1107

Looks sweet, I'm guessing the ERA upgrade won't effect the Golem?

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 22 Nov 2013, 12:38
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

This is like totes awesome! I am saying best update ever for two weeks in a row! That new BRDM looks like a very well spiced up classic. The Tesla and Golem look sublime. How do the Golem's defenses exactly work? Can the Golem attack infantry with it's MG? It's still amphibous, right? Anyway after the loss of PAK-FA, Alek now feels awesome again.

Is there gonna be any performance change for Tesla Tank? Like will it have more/better armour or will it have to move it's turret to attack in other directions now?

The jump in timeline felt scary at first... but as said, since nothing unexpected happened so far, no harm done.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 22 Nov 2013, 13:10
Post #4

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

oh COME ON

Now i have to reexplain how tesla works with the new pointed coils and *Mumble mumble mumble* theres' not even vents.

Back to the drawing board then!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 22 Nov 2013, 13:18
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 22 Nov 2013, 14:10) *
oh COME ON

Now i have to reexplain how tesla works with the new pointed coils and *Mumble mumble mumble* theres' not even vents.

There is several vents or exhausts on the grey section on the back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 22 Nov 2013, 13:57
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

This looks really well done. Expert work.

What gameplay changes can we expect from the Golem in 1.85?

So far I'm guessing:

Increased damage per shot.
Lower ROF.
More damage to infantry with it's MG.
Able to attack aircraft.
Missile jamming technology that behaves like the ECM tank.
Increased cost.
Ability to disable infantry temporarily.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
Die Hindenburg
post 22 Nov 2013, 14:13
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 10025

laugh.gif The Golem tanks is REALLY awesome, very nice and powerful look and gameplay changes for it...

1. Will the Golem Jammer be visible, or will it be a 100% passive statistical, invisible ability or will it have its own -FX-???

2.TT1 was so aweome, cant you make it a support unit atleast, with tesla attacks but with an experimental field generator???

3. The fat rockets actually look so sweet its a bit a thing that they replaced it with these generic missile launchers... mindfuck.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Die Hindenburg: 22 Nov 2013, 14:14

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 22 Nov 2013, 14:15
Post #8

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

A new update............I ABSOLUTELY like this one!

While the old tesla tank wasn't bad, it wasn't a tank in conventional sense. The new model looks whole much better than even RA2's concept.

And the Golem..........It's outstanding, no doubt. It's still look like before, but very much better and the new guns are very intimidating. I love it.

Now the BRDM have a new better model to match with the Shilka, what about the Rhino? aw.gif

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 22 Nov 2013, 14:17

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Planardweller
post 22 Nov 2013, 14:17
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9425

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 22 Nov 2013, 15:10) *
oh COME ON

What was the old explanation?

Great update!

Oh, Golem received references to T-100 Ogre from Endwar? 152mm cannon, double MGs (which look like autocannons) against aircraft..

Does anybody why there are claws around tesla coils? it's not like they hold them? Scare factor?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 Nov 2013, 14:19
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Here's how the Shtora system works on the Golem: Upon activating a manual ability, the tank will fire a bunch of flash grenades and activate the jammers at the front of the turret. This causes the Golem to be completely impossible to target/attack for a very short (but decisive) period of time. It's -not- immune to damage; splash attacks and force fire on the ground that it drives over can still damage it, but attack orders on the Golem itself will simply be invalid during that brief period of time. Now, you may be asking why it uses those flash grenades. We simply added them as a visual handwave for why it affects infantry with non-guided weapons as well, adding to the idea that everyone would presumably go 'oh shit, a Golem, we're all gonna die!' when this beast rumbles into sight guns blazing and popping flashbangs in their face. Also, those two jammers at the front of the turret? They -glow- like scary red eyes of death while the ability is active^^

+Quote Post
Die Hindenburg
post 22 Nov 2013, 14:24
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 10025

QUOTE (MARS @ 22 Nov 2013, 14:19) *
Also, those two jammers at the front of the turret? They -glow- like scary red eyes of death while the ability is active^^
serious.gif 8Isov.gif
Well that makes me jumping happyness!!! 8ani5.gif Well thanks for explaining Mr. Mars! cool.gif
The jammers are those infrared cameras, or???
Awesomely well!!! cool.gif

This post has been edited by Die Hindenburg: 22 Nov 2013, 14:29

+Quote Post
Knossos
post 22 Nov 2013, 14:26
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 9942

Oh great. Untargetable Golems. That's a tragic fate for my Harrier hunter-killer teams.

Anyway, nice update! Although I would miss the Shw burdum, this opens up new opportunities as well (BRDMs and shock troopers working together; why the hell not?). Will it still have that "oh-my-god-this-thing-is-so-f*cking-annoying" range?

--------------------
"The biggest problem of humanity is that it sees the failures first before the successes."

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 22 Nov 2013, 14:32
Post #13

Guardsman
Group Icon

Question, though.

The tesla tank can no longer have omnidirectional fire like it was before, right? Seeing as it now have a turret?

Beside the new abilities and 2 new guns, what is the changed stats of the Golem?

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 22 Nov 2013, 14:47
Post #14

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

I am going to take the Golem has to move the whole turret to aim at air targets, plus it lost his anti-infantry machinegun
I hope the BRDM has a nice smoke trail for the missiles
And is a nice tesla tank model (through i kinda find this "look is a Red Alert unit! arent you just having a nostalgia over it!" is as overused as a abrams tank, through i am probably kinda late to bitch about it)

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 22 Nov 2013, 15:01
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 22 Nov 2013, 16:32) *
The tesla tank can no longer have omnidirectional fire like it was before, right? Seeing as it now have a turret?

It can still do that.
Once you trigger it it will simply raise both coils slightly above the turret and move them closer to each other and couse the same effect as the current Tesla tank does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 22 Nov 2013, 15:06
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Very nice models, SWR. Can't wait to bust some ECA butts with these bad boys. I am just slightly annoyed that the Red Star on the Tesla tank is more pixelated compared to the sharp lines of the one on the Golem. Just bugs me a little.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 22 Nov 2013, 15:10
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 8857

Awesome. biggrin.gif

I guess that the new 152 mm canon means that the Golem does more damage, will other stats be changed?

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 22 Nov 2013, 15:37
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

I expected that new Tesla Tank will remain inspired by RA1 Tesla Tank,
RA1 TT is somehow in shadow of its successor from RA2,even TT from RA3 is based on TT from RA2.
But screw that,this model looks FANTASTIC,and it is great that actually looks like some vehicle made
by Russians IRL,it fits so well in Russian arsenal now,design vise,I can't wait to use it.
Few questions tho,
are those smoke launchers on it ?
Will its armor be stronger than current TT ?

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 22 Nov 2013, 15:52
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 22 Nov 2013, 17:37) *
are those smoke launchers on it ?

Your observation is correct.
Alot more units get smoke launchers in the upcoming version (Buratinos and Tesla tanks beeing one of them)

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 22 Nov 2013, 17:37) *
Will its armor be stronger than current TT ?

Stats wise its entirely the same except that it cannot fire in a 360 degree angle around it's self and requires the turret to turn

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 22 Nov 2013, 16:00
Post #20

Group Icon

Thanks for clearing that out.
I would love to have Revell like model of this Tesla Tank in my room and to stare at it whole day.

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 22 Nov 2013, 16:24
Post #21

We complain because we care!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9248

Oh my god, they are fucking BEAUTIFUL!

New Quote for the Golem: "Popping and NO-locking."

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 22 Nov 2013, 16:30
Post #22

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

I'll also note that the Tesla Tank and the Golem have completely new and custom voice sets I8.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 22 Nov 2013, 16:38
Post #23

Guardsman
Group Icon

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 22 Nov 2013, 17:30) *
I'll also note that the Tesla Tank and the Golem have completely new and custom voice sets I8.gif

GREAT!!!
mani8.gifmani8.gifmani8.gif

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 22 Nov 2013, 17:02
Post #24

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

However, even the new Golem only managed to delay what many already regarded as inevitable - including President Nikolai Suvorov himself.

Is this referring to Russia's defeat or something else entirely? Are we going to see a series of updates around the battle of Berlin? Are we going to see Aleksandr's infamous horrible act around this time?

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 22 Nov 2013, 17:13
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 22 Nov 2013, 17:02) *
Is this referring to Russia's defeat or something else entirely? Are we going to see a series of updates around the battle of Berlin? Are we going to see Aleksandr's infamous horrible act around this time?

I think that all of us are secretly anticipating this.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 18:41