Reply to this topicStart new topic
Angry Machines (1.86), Stop the US Drone attack on China
RedDeadSmeg
post 15 Apr 2017, 2:35
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

The Giant has woken from its slumber General...

A few days ago, the United States left its self imposed isolation to join with the ECA in the war against Russia.

Worryingly, the US has decided to establish their main foot hold south of Vladivostok. This means the war is happening right on our doorstep and threatens our own security. A few hours ago, a force of American experimental drones went haywire and attacked key Chinese border towns and bases. The most critical base contains a Nuclear Silo which is aimed towards Russia. We cannot allow this base to fall, as it prevents a Russian invasion without dire consequences. If we feel that our base is close to collapse, we will have no choice but to nuke the main drone base. No matter what the cost.

We are still neutral in this conflict, so we cannot allow Chinese units to destroy the berserk drones in Russia. Instead, use Black Lotus to capture a drone outpost so you eliminate the remaining American drones.

Do this quickly General. We cannot risk a war with the United States at this critical time, and they are sure to investigate any attacks on their expensive technology.

Objective 1: Capture the Drone Assembly.

Objective 2: Destroy all Drone Structures.

Objective 3: Protect the Chinese Command Center.

Should the Nuclear Missile be launched, await further orders in the field.

Hints:

Although the Russians are not on your side, they are more interested in protecting their homeland from the drones rather than fighting you, so perhaps it is best to leave them alone.

It may be possible to take out the drones before they heavily damage the Chinese base, but it will be very difficult.

[attachment=2500:EnemyOfFlesh.zip]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 15 Apr 2017, 5:35
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

so just tried it, good mission but 2 problems.

1. a second command center cannot be built for expansion or to rebuild the first if its lost after u gain control of the main base due to the faction china object being missing
you can either add the object in (its in china system) or u can set in a script for it to be built ignoring prerequisites

2. you built it on 1.86, the drone plant is removed in 1.87 as drone production now comes from the war factory on a second construction menu, on 1.87 the map is fully broken.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 15 Apr 2017, 11:41
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Skitt @ 15 Apr 2017, 5:35) *
so just tried it, good mission but 2 problems.

1. a second command center cannot be built for expansion or to rebuild the first if its lost after u gain control of the main base due to the faction china object being missing
you can either add the object in (its in china system) or u can set in a script for it to be built ignoring prerequisites

2. you built it on 1.86, the drone plant is removed in 1.87 as drone production now comes from the war factory on a second construction menu, on 1.87 the map is fully broken.

Thanks for playing the mission and the feedback.

I keep forgetting about the faction system, it's quite annoying to have to add it in but I get why it's there in the first place.

I know about the changes to 1.87 but I wanted to finish this one first as I started it 4 months ago before having a break and only just got around to finish it, hence using 1.86. I'm going to begin to use 1.87 from now on to make missions and will most likely start by converting this one.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 15 Apr 2017, 18:19
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

on a side note, wondering if there should be a second target to destroy and not just the CC, mass migs biggrin.gif
but thats just my view, up 2 u on what to do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 16 Apr 2017, 12:48
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Skitt @ 15 Apr 2017, 18:19) *
on a side note, wondering if there should be a second target to destroy and not just the CC, mass migs biggrin.gif
but thats just my view, up 2 u on what to do.

Haha, good point I'll see what I can do smile.gif

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 17 Apr 2017, 1:11
Post #6

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

Just played it and I have to say... WOW! Amazing work, RedDeadSmeg! Please, if you have time, do port it to 1.87, because a mission as great as this one should be available for every next build. The same goes for all other missions. I really liked how you managed the "diplomacy" (if I can call it that way), with the faction's relations going back and forth (I was surprised when I saw I can't attack the Russians, so I assumed they were my allies, but when I sent my Black Lotus, conscripts had a nasty surprise for me tongue.gif). Anyway, fantastic work and just keep 'em comin'! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by 3rdShockArmy: 17 Apr 2017, 1:12

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 17 Apr 2017, 3:07
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 17 Apr 2017, 1:11) *
Just played it and I have to say... WOW! Amazing work, RedDeadSmeg! Please, if you have time, do port it to 1.87, because a mission as great as this one should be available for every next build. The same goes for all other missions. I really liked how you managed the "diplomacy" (if I can call it that way), with the faction's relations going back and forth (I was surprised when I saw I can't attack the Russians, so I assumed they were my allies, but when I sent my Black Lotus, conscripts had a nasty surprise for me tongue.gif). Anyway, fantastic work and just keep 'em comin'! biggrin.gif

Glad you enjoyed the mission 3rdShockArmy smile.gif I've got a week off work so i'm sure I can make an 1.87 version of this fairly quickly and seems quite easy to convert. The diplomacy aspect of the mission is my favourite part because it shows China's concerns about the drones and Russia focusing on protecting themselves, hence why they don't mind you taking out the drone base but will attack you if you go near their base smile.gif (Sorry to hear about your Black Lotus wink.gif ).

I'm just working on a new quick Russian mission at the moment so once that's done I'll work on the 1.87 version of Angry Machines, thanks for the positive feedback and I hope you enjoy the next mission! smile.gif

This post has been edited by RedDeadSmeg: 17 Apr 2017, 3:08

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 17 Apr 2017, 14:35
Post #8

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

QUOTE (RedDeadSmeg @ 17 Apr 2017, 4:07) *
Glad you enjoyed the mission 3rdShockArmy smile.gif I've got a week off work so i'm sure I can make an 1.87 version of this fairly quickly and seems quite easy to convert. The diplomacy aspect of the mission is my favourite part because it shows China's concerns about the drones and Russia focusing on protecting themselves, hence why they don't mind you taking out the drone base but will attack you if you go near their base smile.gif (Sorry to hear about your Black Lotus wink.gif ).

I'm just working on a new quick Russian mission at the moment so once that's done I'll work on the 1.87 version of Angry Machines, thanks for the positive feedback and I hope you enjoy the next mission! smile.gif

Great to hear that! Can't wait! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 16:12