New Band Of Brothers
Jester
post 30 Jun 2009, 0:24
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

I heard it was set in the pacific is this true our has it been cut??? its just that the last one made me feel really patriotic and i watched every episode and i wanted to know whether or not this one is being made or has it been axed??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 30 Jun 2009, 0:56
Post #2

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Moved to The Box.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 1 Jul 2009, 0:38
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

Yes, they are making a new "Band of Brothers." It's called "The Pacific." Two guesses where and when it'll be set.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Sargeant Rho
post 1 Jul 2009, 3:45
Post #4

Cranium Ventilator in chief
Group Icon

Member No.: 42

When I first read the Topic title I though "Wtf, BoB's back?!", as I though about the biggest alliance that ever existed in EVE Online.

What is this Band of Brothers anyway, a movie?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thorazine
post 1 Jul 2009, 5:14
Post #5

Numb
Group Icon

Member No.: 45
Nuts.

QUOTE (SgtRho @ 30 Jun 2009, 19:45) *
When I first read the Topic title I though "Wtf, BoB's back?!", as I though about the biggest alliance that ever existed in EVE Online.

What is this Band of Brothers anyway, a movie?

Band of Brothers is a movie based on the American 101st Airborne during World War II. It spans from before D-Day, to the end of the war. The entire series in its entirety can be found on Youtube, somewhere.

And, of course, the trailer for "The Pacific".

--------------------

This is my signature. If you like it, good. If you don't, I don't care.
"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy" -Jim Rohn
Final Fantasy VII - Voices of the Lifestream

+Quote Post
MARS
post 1 Jul 2009, 9:26
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Crumbs, can't we get over the bloody WW2 thing already? BoB was kinda good but come ON, it's about time to move on, leave it alone. If they're so keen on making another WW2 movie/series, at least mix it up a bit and tell the story of the Brits/Commonwealth or the Russians for a change. I'm not disrespecting the American veterans, on the contrary, but unlike many people of the modern generation, even THEY seem to be well aware that they couldn't have done this without the others and vice versa.

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 1 Jul 2009, 11:21
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 167

QUOTE (Rayburn @ 30 Jun 2009, 23:26) *
Crumbs, can't we get over the bloody WW2 thing already? BoB was kinda good but come ON, it's about time to move on, leave it alone. If they're so keen on making another WW2 movie/series, at least mix it up a bit and tell the story of the Brits/Commonwealth or the Russians for a change. I'm not disrespecting the American veterans, on the contrary, but unlike many people of the modern generation, even THEY seem to be well aware that they couldn't have done this without the others and vice versa.

i agree with ya there im tired of WW2. people are so lazy these days they dont even think some1 imagine up a WW3 movie/game alrdy jeezes and no Tom Clancy's End War doesnt count
P.S. no zombie apocolypse either -.-

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 1 Jul 2009, 12:59
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 96
Projects: SWR Productions

Yeah, another movie based on the Eastern Front would be nice.... I loved 'Enemy at the Gates'. They should also make some more WWI movies, the only one I've ever seen is 'The Lost Battalion'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 1 Jul 2009, 15:20
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

...and really, making people feel patriotic should not be your goal when you're making a war movie.
It's a serious subject and it should be treated with respect to historical accuracy rather than exploited as a vaccine of gung-ho 'my country kicks
so much ass'-jingoism. I'm not saying that all war movies are like that but this particular genre is very susceptible to dangerous manipulation. Stay critical.

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 2 Jul 2009, 6:39
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Rayburn @ 1 Jul 2009, 1:26) *

Why not do a "Band of Brothers"-style series about US Marines in the Pacific Theatre of WWII? It's not as if they're retreading the exact same territory...

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Jack Bauer
post 4 Oct 2009, 9:44
Post #11

A FEDERAL AGENT DAMMIT
Group Icon

Member No.: 228
TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS!

They pulled a Treyarch.

--------------------
DAMMIT CHLOE!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 June 2024 - 18:28