Reply to this topicStart new topic
Playing on LAN error, LAN error
matinmiah
post 21 Apr 2017, 21:32
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15080

i have been trying to play this online, have updated to the 1.86 ROTR. I have been having this issue for a while when playing on LAN with friends. Have since brought genuine copy hoping to mitigate the issue but it still recurred. Have been referred to use this mod stating that this will mitigate the issue but it happened straight away as soon we started the game. Can someone help?

please see attached screen print of error message. At the same time i also received a window error message which said " You have encountered a serious error. Serious errors can be caused by many things including viruses, overheated hardware, hardware that does not meet the minimum specifications for the game. Please visit the forums at www.generals.ea.com for suggested courses of action or consult your manual for technical support contact information"

i hope someone can assist. please let me know if theres any other information i can provide.

thanks
matin
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Untitled.png ( 1.39MB ) Number of downloads: 4

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 22 Apr 2017, 3:11
Post #2

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

Make sure that you and your friend have the same version of ZH (v1.04), the same version of the mod, and that there are no problems with your internet connections.

If you or your friend has other mods installed aside from ROTR, remove them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
matinmiah
post 22 Apr 2017, 13:44
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15080

Hi,

We all have the same mods, same version 1.04 and it's on LAN so no issue there. Any other ideas?

QUOTE (Zeke @ 22 Apr 2017, 4:11) *
Make sure that you and your friend have the same version of ZH (v1.04), the same version of the mod, and that there are no problems with your internet connections.

If you or your friend has other mods installed aside from ROTR, remove them.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 22 Apr 2017, 15:10
Post #4

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

If it's happening right at the start of the game, it means, you didn't install things properly.

I suggest you do a clean reinstall and start over: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cqTHHvD...dit?usp=sharing

There are other tips in that guide that might help.

This post has been edited by Zeke: 22 Apr 2017, 15:10

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 16:11