IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Base explodes just after start on skirmish, My command centre and dozer explode just after game starts
crashdodgers
post 3 Oct 2016, 11:49
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10821

On ShockWave skirmish maps my command centre and dozer exploded and the same thing happens on the ShockWave mini games with the first 20 seconds of the game starting my units are dealt a lethal amount of damage and I lose, what is going wrong?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 3 Oct 2016, 12:44
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Its an antipiracy messure put by EA-LA

Look into reinstalling your game correctly

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 3 Oct 2016, 13:00
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

either reinstall
or get a different nocd crack if ur using one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
crashdodgers
post 4 Oct 2016, 13:17
Post #4

Group Icon

First I do not use a NOCD code, second the game is official not pirate, third uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything. But now ShockWave and ROTR will not launch at all I get is and error message please see attached file, same message for both games.

I have checked my system for malware, viruses and all other types of narsties and found nothing so I have no idea as to what is going wrong again.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  C_C_ROTR_Error_Message.jpg ( 415.08K ) Number of downloads: 6

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 4 Oct 2016, 14:54
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

give the options.ini a check
http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/12319-how-to...-windows-7-x64/

--------------------

+Quote Post
nikitazero678
post 4 Oct 2016, 15:19
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10536

Well, it is a "fail-safe" measure implemented against piracy in some CnC games... the only way to counter this is to play with the CD or using the correct no-CD crack... In the second case it may be a problem with the compability or something...

+Quote Post
crashdodgers
post 4 Oct 2016, 16:32
Post #7

Group Icon

None of that makes any scene, as I do not use a no cd crack and apart from my bases exploding with in 20 seconds of the game starting, every thing else was fine. Now I have removed all for of the games from my system, cleaned the hard drive and am about to try reinstalling all of them again to see if that works!. But as for this "fail-safe" measure implemented against piracy", my game disk are genuine EA Games disks and codes.

Will up date after I have reinstalled all the games.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 5 Oct 2016, 6:39
Post #8

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

I see no mention of patching to v1.04 or setting compatibility mode, so do that of you haven't.

Also, check this guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cqTHHvD...dit?usp=sharing

to make sure nothing else is missed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 5 Oct 2016, 8:31
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

When you reinstall the game make sure you uninstall the mods and delete the Zerohour folder completely from your system.
Then when you reinstalled the game and patched it to the latest version (1.04 for zerohour) try booting the base game first to ensure that works properly before attempting to install any mods.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm
post 7 Oct 2016, 15:25
Post #10

Habouji !?
Group Icon

Member No.: 12844

QUOTE (crashdodgers @ 4 Oct 2016, 21:02) *
None of that makes any scene, as I do not use a no cd crack and apart from my bases exploding with in 20 seconds of the game starting, every thing else was fine. Now I have removed all for of the games from my system, cleaned the hard drive and am about to try reinstalling all of them again to see if that works!. But as for this "fail-safe" measure implemented against piracy", my game disk are genuine EA Games disks and codes.

Will up date after I have reinstalled all the games.

Microsoft Windows systems have a lot of traces and entries left behind when you uninstall a software or a tool/application from the OS. Reinstalling won't help as much because of the older pieces of the software which were yet to be removed conflict with the new ones sometimes. It won't be visible to you because generally everything is in the binary format.

Google "Revo Uninstaller Pro" and use it to uninstall the entire game and its leftovers including the registry entries & traces of files/folders from your system. It is an amazing software which eliminates the installed software from its root in the OS. Only then do a fresh install. It should work without any more hassles. No need to clean your hard drive only for this task.

Note: Probably the Revo Uninstaller would require you to pay for its fully functional version but you can easily find a pirated version of the software on Bit-torrent websites.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OhaahO
post 9 Nov 2016, 8:57
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 12939

QUOTE (crashdodgers @ 4 Oct 2016, 13:17) *
First I do not use a NOCD code, second the game is official not pirate, third uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything. But now ShockWave and ROTR will not launch at all I get is and error message please see attached file, same message for both games.

I have checked my system for malware, viruses and all other types of narsties and found nothing so I have no idea as to what is going wrong again.

Did nobody notice that he tries to play Shockwave when the screen of ROTR is in the background? I would suggest that you reinstall both mods, just like The_Hunter says, and install Zero Hour for each mod you have. If both Zero Hour files struggle, then it is not any of the mods, but the game itself. There are enough cracks for the games.

Good Lucck, if you haven't found the problem yet.

You can also check the ReleaseCrashInfo.txt in your data file of Zero Hour and post the message in this topic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 16:51