Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Military Industrial Complex- Question
Adoge
post 19 Apr 2015, 5:36
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11052

Inspired by the Gunman (Movie), my interest in the rising power of Private Military Contractors, Atlas Corporation and the Cartel in the upcoming RTS Act of Aggression, I'm currently working on a FanFic/Faction called Echelon.

You're probably thinking at this point, so what? Why should I care?

All I am asking is for opinions on this idea so far:

Here's a quick summary of what Echelon is:

-A compartmentalised group of arms manufacturers and private militaries gathered under a single head- Jason Krueger
- The Corporation is split into two wings- Echelon Securities (with an active strength of 300'000 active personnel) and Echelon Armaments Ltd. (Arms Manufacturing)
- Due to this, Echelon does not remain as much of a threat to nations and hides many of its shadier sides from public view.
- It is a Cartel of South African and American PMC/Military-Industrial Corporations joined by an Australian PMC firm
- Given the US's withdrawal from World Affairs, Echelon sought out other contracts around the world
- in the aftermath of the Middle Eastern Cataclysm, a large bulk of Echelon's soldiers are deployed assisting the Middle-Eastern Council
- Echelon supplies arms to the Maghreb Union as well as South Africa
- a considerable bulk of their remaining security forces are deployed in the Eastern African Federation fighting the GLA
- Their security officers can be seen guarding firms in Japan, the offices of multinationals in Gibraltar and the villas of South American billionaires
- The two companies draw in Billions in profit every year, but the exact figures are impossible to come by
- Echelon troops have fought the GLA in East Africa, assisted Russian troops in pacifying Kiev during the Ukrainian civil war, helped rebuild part of the European militaries (national not ECA) and operate in many conflict areas around the world.

t;line-height:100%">Unconfirmed footage of Echelon troops operating in a Ukrainian City

- Following the GLA's withdrawal from Europe, Echelon "advisor's" swept into Europe, bribing Chinese military officials which allowed them to cannibalise designs such as the Polish Pl-01 Stealth Tank- rebranding it the 0-4 experimental tank and aming it with a rail-gun
- The AR-X is Echelon's high-tech assault rifle, with several variants including the AR-S, a highpowered sniper Rifle and the AR420, the standard issue machine pistol for Echelon operators
- Echelon has been accused of 'fascism' and 'miitarism'- their Jet black body armour and equipment- with Neon-Orange stripes - invoke feelings of aggression and (daresay) 'Nazism'
- They have also cannibalised other weapons including the Russian BMPT 'Terminator' which has been transformed into a sleek anti-infantry+armour and the South African Super hind which now operates as a devastating fast attack helicopter.
- There are reports coming out of the EAF, suggesting their aircraft have been shot down by new sleek Echelon-made surface to air missiles. If this is true, this means that Echelon will have at some point worked for all 5 Factions
- Echelon is deploying a lot of prototype drones in its forces, testing them so that it can reap the benefits of the U.S dependence on drones

This post has been edited by Adoge: 19 Apr 2015, 5:44

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 19 Apr 2015, 10:53
Post #2

Group Icon

A note: Echelon is nowhere near a superpower, however, its advanced troops and high-tech weapon systems earn it a place among the best

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 2 May 2015, 9:42
Post #3

Group Icon

I'm not sure if I should go ahead and design this fanfaction

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 2 May 2015, 11:24
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

What's stopping you?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 9:33