Closed TopicStart new topic
Rise of the Reds Update: Whistleblower
Pepo
post 7 Sep 2013, 16:53
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9862

then what advantages the minigun team has over the minigun tank???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamBai
post 7 Sep 2013, 16:54
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 9206

QUOTE (Pepo @ 7 Sep 2013, 16:53) *
then what advantages the minigun team has over the minigun tank???

Probably has longer range.

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 7 Sep 2013, 16:59
Post #28

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

In that case, they have a little medium range. But, Disruptor team have a little long range.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 7 Sep 2013, 17:00
Post #29

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

The Minigun Team is exclusively anti-ground because it'd look mighty weird if they fired at air units with a gun like that.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Then it would fall into the "I build it for the lulz" category, is it? Eat one artillery strike and die, took 1 thermobaric rocket from a Buratino and die....And so on........

Seeing as the grenadier rarely ever appear on the front, and only inside pandurs.......this is just....sad.gif

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Sep 2013, 17:09
Post #30

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Actually, the Minigun Team is distinct in that it is a.) cheaper than the other Gattling weapons and b.) countered by different things. These guys can probably survive more hits from an actual MBT than a Gattlink tank and unlike the stationary Gattling, you can place a lot more of them in a tiny area to create an insane volume of fire. Couple that with a few Disruptor teams who can stun and/or destroy vehicles at a decent range and you've got a decent combination of units that allows you to create a defensive foothold without bringing in a dozer and wasting time constructing vulnerable and expensive structures.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 7 Sep 2013, 17:13
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Will they use any kind of secondary ability ? The miniguners.

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 7 Sep 2013, 17:14
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

the teams can be garrison in bunkers?they would made interesting combinations

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 7 Sep 2013, 17:18
Post #33

Writer do his best now and BSing...
Group Icon

From: Somewhere in America (currently, not always that way)
Member No.: 9758
Yes I like Touhou... and the problem is?

QUOTE (MARS @ 7 Sep 2013, 11:50) *
The Minigun Team is exclusively anti-ground because it'd look mighty weird if they fired at air units with a gun like that.

Actually I was told this story of where a Chinese soldier shot down two American airplanes with an old Maxim machine gun during the Korean War (of course, I heard the story in China so how true that story is I have no idea).

Just saying it's fully possible to shoot at airplanes with machine gun mounts... though it doesn't happen all that often.

--------------------
... wait, oh s--t! I've been surrounded by raging modders!

The forum is ripe with the stench of gamers!

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 7 Sep 2013, 17:19
Post #34

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

But, aren't they slow moving?

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 7 Sep 2013, 17:26
Post #35

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 7 Sep 2013, 12:13) *
Will they use any kind of secondary ability ? The miniguners.

No.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
wb21
post 7 Sep 2013, 17:33
Post #36

Товарищ
Group Icon

Member No.: 175
ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

Holy smokes at the Shin Long thingy, reminescent of Leang's Dragon, x3 aw.gif ...would it cause a firestorm when destroyed?
Lorewise, interesting to shed light about Fai's Minigunners and their weapons.

QUOTE (Pepo @ 8 Sep 2013, 0:14) *
the teams can be garrison in bunkers?they would made interesting combinations

Probably not, since that might end up being OP (as with other infantry w/ crew served weapons like the Grenadier)

--------------------

"Not in mood...go away..."
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."

Bringing wrath to a forum near you since 2009!

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 7 Sep 2013, 22:40
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

Shenlong is not an equivalent to Overlord in it's performance.
But it's one hell of a damage dealer.... IF this thing somehow gets into your base, and you won't have an immediate counter (helicopters, arty, bombers) - you're in trouble. Huge trouble, to be precise.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 7 Sep 2013, 23:02
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Wow! Again a very interesting lore about a polemicist subject however current.

The soldiers were very nice, I like the more modern look that conveys the feeling of an infantry a bit more modernized.

The Shenlong surprise me in a positive way, I really did not expect to see another super heavy tank composing the PLA's battalions, I loved its rustic style and its intimidating appearance, certainly lacked an iconic unit like this in the game, I hope to see more things like Shenlong in the future. One question - Shenlong is able to beat a Jmammoth in a direct confrontation?

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Balizk
post 7 Sep 2013, 23:27
Post #39

lolnzonator
Group Icon

Member No.: 139

Nice update!

Despite not posting so much (or not at all) I still follow this forums as I'm a fan of RTS games << and you guys just keep C&C Zero Hour alive with new/cool gameplay.
cool_worm.gif

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 8 Sep 2013, 0:38
Post #40

Group Icon

Member No.: 9606

If only i could get my hands on that excel sheet...

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."

+Quote Post
Arcus2611
post 8 Sep 2013, 5:17
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 9889

Pyro Bunkerlord just got retired. Sorry, but I need something a bit more powerful if I'm going to be burning down cities...

On another note; that commercial break has been going on for quite a while. Will we be returning to Future Warfare?

+Quote Post
foxhoundx7
post 8 Sep 2013, 5:56
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 9672

The Shenlong Tank Looks More Detailed than The Overlord Tank. is The Overlord Tank Getting Overhauled like The Sentinel Tank?

Now The ECA and The Chinese got Got Heavy Weapons Infantry's. Are The GLA. USA. and Russians Getting Heavy Weapons Infantry's?.

I Don't know if Should Say This But. Does The Warlord General Have Any Special Infantry's. Like Some Well Trained Mercenary's. that are Better Than Poorly Trained Rebels?

What About Terror General Original Scorpion Tank is it Being Updated Like The Battlemaster Tank?.

About The USA Generals. is One of Them Using the Old Crusader Tank?. Because The New One looks like a Whole Different Tank?. Like The Current Scorpion Tank.

This post has been edited by foxhoundx7: 8 Sep 2013, 5:57

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 Sep 2013, 6:12
Post #43

Group Icon

QUOTE (foxhoundx7 @ 8 Sep 2013, 6:56) *
The Shenlong Tank Looks More Detailed than The Overlord Tank. is The Overlord Tank Getting Overhauled like The Sentinel Tank?
Now The ECA and The Chinese got Got Heavy Weapons Infantry's. Are The GLA. USA. and Russians Getting Heavy Weapons Infantry's?.
I Don't know if Should Say This But. Does The Warlord General Have Any Special Infantry's. Like Some Well Trained Mercenary's. that are Better Than Poorly Trained Rebels?
What About Terror General Original Scorpion Tank is it Being Updated Like The Battlemaster Tank?.
About The USA Generals. is One of Them Using the Old Crusader Tank?. Because The New One looks like a Whole Different Tank?. Like The Current Scorpion Tank.

- Maybe, maybe not. That's something we might decide later on but part of the reason why we updated the Russian stuff was because they just looked too N64-like next to the ECA by this point.
- Crewed weapons aren't strictly a faction theme of anyone, so if we can come up with distinct roles for more of them, the other factions might get them as well.
- The Warlord General does get some unique infantry but not as a Rebel replacement.
- Right now, we're actually considering something else for GLA tanks in general, although we are yet to decide what's gonna come out of it.
- As it stands right now, they -all- get the current Hover Crusader. Going back to the old one would be a downgrade at this point because it just doesn't have the mobility.

PS: The Future Warfare show will return once the final render component has been completed.

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 8 Sep 2013, 6:42
Post #44

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

QUOTE (MARS @ 8 Sep 2013, 7:12) *
PS: The Future Warfare show will return once the final render component has been completed.

And we are back from the break! Sorry for taking an eternity ladies and gentlemen, apparently the technical difficulties took a lot longer than expected to fix.

^ I expect this in the next part of the show.

--------------------

+Quote Post
foxhoundx7
post 8 Sep 2013, 7:53
Post #45

Group Icon

The Russian Construction Dozer. Mishka. Supply Wartruck. Berkut. Frogfoot. Arms Supplier. BMP. BMD 3. BRDM-1. Rhino. Recovery Vehicle. Coal Powerplant. Industrial Site. Supply Warehouse. Command Bunker. Radar. Weapons Bunker. Barracks. TOPOL M. Tesla Tank. Golem Tank. Havoc. Hokum. Hind. PAK FA. Airfield. Hunchback. All Of These Renders Are From 1.0. 1.5. 1.7. 1.8. All 1.0 Renders Need To Be Updated.

The Barracks and The Airfield Should be Updated Again to Match The New War Factory and The Helipad.

About General Aleksandr's New Main Battle Tank?. is it a Twin Barreled Tank Red Alert 1 Soviet Heavy Tank?. Since He Has The Tesla Tank Which Looks Like The Red Alert 1 Version.

Maybe Because The Russian's Need at Least One Double Barrel Tank. Since They Were Suppose To Be Red Alert Soviet Like.

BTW Is The Little Bird Coming Back. What About The Helix Is It Returning?.

About The Secret Police General. is he Getting Some Kind of SWAT Armored Infantry?.

This post has been edited by foxhoundx7: 8 Sep 2013, 10:47

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 8 Sep 2013, 8:47
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

QUOTE (foxhoundx7 @ 8 Sep 2013, 8:53) *

The Barracks and The Airfield Should be Updated Again to Match The New War Factory and The Helipad.

The barracks and the airfield are on par with the war factory and airfield, no need to update them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamBai
post 8 Sep 2013, 9:55
Post #47

Group Icon

Member No.: 9206

QUOTE (foxhoundx7 @ 8 Sep 2013, 7:53) *
BTW Is The Little Bird Coming Back. What About The Helix Is It Returning?.

The little bird is for General Thorn and Bradley and the Helix is going to be exclusive to General Chen if i remember correct.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 Sep 2013, 10:27
Post #48

Group Icon

QUOTE (foxhoundx7 @ 8 Sep 2013, 8:53) *
1- The Russian Construction Dozer. Mishka. Supply Wartruck. Berkut. Frogfoot. Arms Supplier. BMP. BMD 3. BRDM-1. Rhino. Recovery Vehicle. Coal Powerplant. Industrial Site. Supply Warehouse. Command Bunker. Radar. Weapons Bunker. Barracks. TOPOL M. Tesla Tank. Golem Tank. Havoc. Hokum. Hind. PAK FA. Airfield. Hunchback. All Of These Renders Are From 1.0. 1.5. 1.7. 1.8. All 1.0 Renders Need To Be Updated.

2 - The Barracks and The Airfield Should be Updated Again to Match The New War Factory and The Helipad.

3 - About General Aleksandr's New Main Battle Tank?. is it a Twin Barreled Tank Red Alert 1 Soviet Heavy Tank?. Since He Has The Tesla Tank Which Looks Like The Red Alert 1 Version.

4 - Maybe Because The Russian's Need at Least One Double Barrel Tank. Since They Were Suppose To Be Red Alert Soviet Li

5 - BTW Is The Little Bird Coming Back. What About The Helix Is It Returning?.

6 - About The Secret Police General. is he Getting Some Kind of SWAT Armored Infantry?.

1. Some of these will be overhauled to match the new standard that we've set for our Russian faction.
2. The Barracks and the Airfield were actually brought to this aforementioned standard -before- it was declared a standard, so the WarFac and Helipad have been brought up to -their- level, not the other way around.
3. It'll be shown to you soon enough.
4. Actually, we're not particularly fond of having double barrels on MBTs. This is a thing that we'd rather reserve for super-heavies like the Overlord or Manticore as well as a dedicated tank destroyer like the Jagdmammut.
5. Both the Little Bird and the Helix will be making a comeback in 2.0
6. You'll see, but suffice to say, armed police/urban combat style units do factor into his overall theme.

+Quote Post
foxhoundx7
post 8 Sep 2013, 11:10
Post #49

Group Icon

Thanks for The Answers MARS.

Anyway About The GLA Recycle Or Salvage Truck. The Arms Dealer Seems Kind Of Full Now In Normal Mode. Are You Gonna Put It In That Empty Space In The Arms Dealer Tunnel Mode?.

Does The Bio Command General Have Other Chemical Weapons Besides The Anthrax Alpha Green and Beta Blue?.

Are Both The Scud Launcher and The Aurora Bomber Only Gonna Appear in 2.0?.

Are One Of The Chinese General Getting a New Jet Fighter Like The Real Life J-20 Stealth Fighter?. Since Advanced Weapons General is Getting The PAK FA.

About The Overlord Tank Is It Getting a Plow Or Dozer Blades On The Front Tracks Like The New Shenlong Or The New Sentinel?. Because It Might Look Like The APA Overlord Tank From C&C F2P.

This post has been edited by foxhoundx7: 8 Sep 2013, 11:20

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 Sep 2013, 11:29
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE (foxhoundx7 @ 8 Sep 2013, 12:10) *
1 - Anyway About The GLA Recycle Or Salvage Truck. The Arms Dealer Seems Kind Of Full Now In Normal Mode. Are You Gonna Put It In That Empty Space In The Arms Dealer Tunnel Mode?.
2 - Does The Bio Command General Have Other Chemical Weapons Besides The Anthrax Alpha Green and Beta Blue?.
3 - Are Both The Scud Launcher and The Aurora Bomber Only Gonna Appear in 2.0?.
4 - Are One Of The Chinese General Getting a New Jet Fighter Like The Real Life J-20 Stealth Fighter?. Since Advanced Weapons General is Getting The PAK FA.
5 - About The Overlord Tank Is It Getting a Plow Or Dozer Blades On The Front Tracks Like The New Shenlong Or The New Sentinel?. Because It Might Look Like The APA Overlord Tank From C&C F2P.

1 - I'm sure we'll find some way to make this work. This is not the kind of issue that'll make us scrap the Recycler Truck^^
2 - His theme will also include thermite-based weaponry
3 - If not before then, yes, they will be in 2.0 albeit different
4 - At this time, Mau (Special Weapons) is planned to have a unique replacement for his MiG Fighter
5 - Possibly as a cosmetical element if we ever decide to change the Overlord. We prefer the original design over the new APA version, so it's kind of unlikely.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 0:44