MARS
post 11 Nov 2013, 20:14
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Welcome back to...

Kept you waiting, huh?

"Now, here's an interesting factoid for you: In statistical terms, the US military has expended 250.000 bullets on every insurgent killed during our campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq back in the day. When the War on Terror went Global, that number got even worse and we faced about ten times as many bad guys at a time. If you're up against an enemy as blood-crazed and fanatical as the GLA, the last thing you'll want is to run dry in the middle of a firefight. Our ammunition makers could barely keep up with this extreme demand and even if you've got enough bullets to keep the dakka going, you still need the logistics to distribute them among your troops. This, my friends, is what the Mule Drone is all about. What you're looking at right here is a new, state-of-the-art unmanned ground vehicle. The Mule is rugged, reliable and armed to the teeth: You can load anything from magazines and ammo boxes to missiles and shells onto this thing and grab whatever you need in the heat of battle. That way, our grunts can be extra generous and put out an overwhelming volume of fire. This also brings us to the Mule's own armament which consists of an M134 minigun and an array of flare launchers that can be used to draw enemy anti-aircraft fire away from out planes. It is this excellent combination of mobility, utility and lethality which earned the Mule a spot in the armoury of America's most elite special forces."

"Have you ever watched one of those Chinese or Russian military parades where they roll out their giant, overcompensating Overlord or Sentinel tanks and wondered: What the hell kinda idiot builds something as insane as this? Those slow, sluggish steel monstrosities that plough through roads, demolish bridges and tear giant holes into the pockets of the average commie taxpayer. By comparison, the US military always had a policy that can be summed up in one clear, simple statement: High speed, low drag! Our response to these massive, super-heavy tanks comes in the form of the new AT Drone. Some call it the Redeye, others refer to it as the Alpha-Tango. I like to call it - The Anti-Terror Drone! The ATD is a revolutionary new anti-tank weapon that walks on four mechanical legs that let it run at a stable 70 miles per hour. That's faster than a Californian cougar and I'm not talking about the fortysomething kinda cougar that lives in fancy suburbs. These monsters will run up to a tank and proceed to cut it apart with a plasma torch that burns through steel at over 50.000 degrees. Now -that- is some serious nightmare fuel!"

"And while we're on the subject of messy things, I also want to show you this pesky fella: The Termite Drone - and boy, let me tell you: This drone is a reeeal pain in the rear! The Termite is the most sophisticated area denial weapons system in the world. Once it has found a nice spot to dig itself in, it waits for the prey. Now, conventional wisdom would tell you that it's basically just a mobile land mine; a robotic drone that packs a charge of, say, ninety pounds of C4 and maybe a copper liner to slice through a tank. Good enough for a nasty explosion to be sure but nothing that the EOD folks couldn't handle, right? Well, in this case, conventional wisdom would be wrong; dead wrong! The Termite contains a highly compact EM emitter that is capable of generating an intense field of microwaves within a large radius. The pulse is brief and it drains the drone's entire battery, forcing it to re-charge for a while but that one charge is all it takes to short-out any piece of electronics in the vicinity and fry the nuts off any poor sucker caught within the area of effect. No exterminator in the world is gonna help you against an infestation of these!"

"Well, this concludes our lovely day here in Virginia. Needless to say, I had a lot of fun watching these mean machines in action and I, for one, welcome our new mechanical overlords. I see you all on the next episode of Future Warfare, oorah!"

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 11 Nov 2013, 20:21
Post #2

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

Holy Crap I8.gif

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 11 Nov 2013, 20:23
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

HEY! Been a while! I just love that you add in more TS references in ROTR! Beutiful. May I just ask, what is the size of the AT Drone?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 11 Nov 2013, 20:26
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 11 Nov 2013, 21:23) *
HEY! Been a while! I just love that you add in more TS references in ROTR! Beutiful. May I just ask, what is the size of the AT Drone?

Same size as most infantry altho obviously wider and lower on the ground since it walks on 4 instead of 2 legs wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 11 Nov 2013, 20:54
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

Amazing, even more diversification in the game!!

Now adavancing forces from different factions, will be very different!!

Image a foothold made by guardian and mule drone and ambulance, the first buried underground, the second waiting, the third already unpacked, then a black hawk comes by combat dropping 8 marines.
the mule protect the chopper with flares.

In about 5 seconds you've got a forward operation base and you feel like spec-ops!!! WOW

On questions side:
correct me if I'm wrong

The mule:
-augments firepower of infantry in the red radius by 50%
-has a anti-infantry minugun
-discharges a anti-air missile distracting flares on the spot

The AT drone:
-is quite fast (humvee like)
-goes near the enemy to fire anti-armor plasma ray

The Thermite drone:
-is stealthed when deployed
-can switch between anti-ground explosion and emp field not-selfdestructing detonation (??) -not sure about this-

+Quote Post
MARS
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:01
Post #6

Group Icon

Most of your assumptions are indeed correct. We still have to fully implement and test these new drones, but according to our plans, their functions are as follows:
Mule: Confers an Ammo Dump style RoF boost to surrounding infantry and can fire a set of flares that draw AA missiles while engaging targets with a minigun
ATD: Runs up to a tank and 'melees' it with a plasma torch. These things will be quite fast and a swarm of them would be able to block and overwhelm tanks
Termite: Basically a re-useable microwave mine that fries infantry and shuts down vehicles in a single radial discharge

+Quote Post
z741
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:03
Post #7

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

So is there any chance that one of the U.S Generals may have upgraded drones? And possibly a Terminator? (Remote Controlled Hero)

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:05
Post #8

Group Icon

Some Generals will also have unique drones (The Mule is actually planned as a Thorn-exclusive) but things like cyborgs or androids are out of the question.

+Quote Post
z741
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:10
Post #9

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

gotcha, now another question. Nuclear Tech is used currently by China and ECA and I know will be planned for Russia. Will the U.S. get an ICBM silo for nuclear tech or would that cause an unbalanced game?

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:11
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

All these things are very interesting to add to the classic USA hardwares, but I have a doubt: as termite drone moves up to the desired location? (I did not noticed any means of locomotion in drone...)

P.S: I hope enjoy watching a bunch of AT Drones running in direction of enemy tanks, these drones should walks funny how DAARP's drones. wink.gif

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 11 Nov 2013, 21:15

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Basilisx
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:12
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9682

Oh sweet Jesus biggrin.gif
A few days ago I just thought of the awesomeness of having a Terror Drone for the US in ROTR, because of the new drone theme of the faction and BAM! here is it.
SWR knows how to read minds cool.gif

How does the AT Drone work ? is it attacking vehicles in melee range or does it that hijacker mechanic of entering a vehicle, but instead of taking over it, it destroys it ?
I guess it is counterable rather by anti inf weapons than anti tank weapon, isn't it ?

Last question: Can the ATD kill infs ?

Can't wait to play with these bad boys aw.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:14
Post #12

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

Those look interesting but those AT drones look like they can get squished.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:15
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (z741 @ 11 Nov 2013, 21:10) *
gotcha, now another question. Nuclear Tech is used currently by China and ECA and I know will be planned for Russia. Will the U.S. get an ICBM silo for nuclear tech or would that cause an unbalanced game?

The only factions that will have nuclear weapons are China (core faction feature), Russia (exclusive General feature) and Europe (special mutually exclusive tech). The US still have a sizeable nuclear arsenal in the story, but they have no reason to use them there as well as in-game, since a nuclear weapon would be the most severe violation of their precision theme.

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 11 Nov 2013, 21:11) *
All these things are very interesting to add to the classic USA hardwares, but I have a doubt: as termite drone moves up to the desired location? (I did not noticed any means of locomotion in drone...)

It's not visible in the render, but the Thermite has little jet thrusters to hover above the ground.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:16
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 11 Nov 2013, 18:14) *
Those look interesting but those AT drones look like they can get squished.

I thought exactly the same thing.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:18
Post #15

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Man, I love this update. Everything is outstanding.

I'm very please with that 4 legs drone, it's a very good idea.

The termite is also a very interesting unit. Damn, playing as USA would be fun.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 11 Nov 2013, 21:19

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:27
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

QUOTE (katmoda12 @ 11 Nov 2013, 20:54) *
Image a foothold made by guardian and mule drone and ambulance, the first buried underground, the second waiting, the third already unpacked, then a black hawk comes by combat dropping 8 marines.
the mule protect the chopper with flares.

Only Rangers can combat drop tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:40
Post #17

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 11 Nov 2013, 14:16) *
I thought exactly the same thing.

Well Shocktroopers can't be run over and no one is screaming at us for that, thus these AT Drones won't be able to be run over either.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:47
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 11 Nov 2013, 18:40) *
Well Shocktroopers can't be run over and no one is screaming at us for that, thus these AT Drones won't be able to be run over either.

And if I said to you that I never noticed that the Shock could not being run over before... ohmy.gif these things are so small...but is part of balancing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:52
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Damn,I knew that USA was supposed to be drone heavy faction,but with all of these they are really hardcore.
I still don't understand what those AT drones are supposed to be,something similar like Terror Drones from RA series ?

+Quote Post
Kireto01
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:52
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 8958

As if anybody is gonna use these thinks USA is pretty much humvies and air aupport.No one in PVP will bother making another building for what seems to be a useless bunch of units in which only the mule migth get some use at all.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:55
Post #21

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kireto01 @ 11 Nov 2013, 14:52) *
As if anybody is gonna use these thinks USA is pretty much humvies and air aupport.No one in PVP will bother making another building for what seems to be a useless bunch of units in which only the mule migth get some use at all.

As if anybody will listen to someone who is merely assuming from just looking at renders.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Nov 2013, 21:59
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kireto01 @ 11 Nov 2013, 18:52) *

Okay, let for the remaining 99% of players do this craps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kireto01
post 11 Nov 2013, 22:03
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 11 Nov 2013, 21:55) *
As if anybody will listen to someone who is merely assuming from just looking at renders.

Have you ever played 1v1 PVP ? Im not assuming I am telling the truth.
Simply play a game with USA humvees are your main force with the support of other vehicles and airforce.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 11 Nov 2013, 22:04
Post #24

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kireto01 @ 11 Nov 2013, 15:03) *
Have you ever played 1v1 PVP ? Im not assuming I am telling the truth.
Simply play a game with USA humvees are your main force with the support of other vehicles and airforce.

Then by all means let us scrap the rest of the mod while we're at it. I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kireto01
post 11 Nov 2013, 22:08
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 11 Nov 2013, 22:04) *
Then by all means let us scrap the rest of the mod while we're at it. I8.gif

Thats not the point.The point is that the new units will have no practical use.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20 April 2024 - 10:46