XoGamer
post 2 Mar 2017, 18:35
Post #51

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12634

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 2 Mar 2017, 9:06) *
As for the silencer part, This is the best way to go Imo, a faster or atleast stealthy fire mode at the cost of damage, with AP ammo and veterancy it would be able to kill shocktroopers or HTL rangers with ease.

Thanks - I think this idea best reflects Jarmen Kell as a sniper and wouldn't break balance at all biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neutrino
post 2 Mar 2017, 21:23
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 9633

QUOTE (M01 @ 2 Mar 2017, 10:28) *
1) He wasn't supposed to disable buildings its Jaeger's thing
2) Most likely uncodable, also his stinger is a OHK against aircrafts & helicopters that be OP better leave the unbroken ability alone

1) I'm not quite convinced. In previous versions suppression used to work vs buildings so developers thought at some point that he would fit the purpose. I don't see why this changed later on.
2) The stinger is a bit tedious to use. You have to click a button then aim and hopefully the flying target is still in range. It requies attention. Not to say that it is weak, but I prefer not to aim all the time and let guard mode do the magic.

I don't see why making Jarmen switch between sniping/suppress/stinger is codewise impossible. A good many infantry units can do that.

--------------------
"How about we sing "Kyle's Mom is a Stupid Bitch" in D minor..."

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 2 Mar 2017, 21:25
Post #53

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Neutrino @ 2 Mar 2017, 22:23) *
1) I'm not quite convinced. In previous versions suppression used to work vs buildings so developers thought at some point that he would fit the purpose. I don't see why this changed later on.
2) The stinger is a bit tedious to use. You have to click a button then aim and hopefully the flying target is still in range. It requies attention. Not to say that it is weak, but I prefer not to aim all the time and let guard mode do the magic.

I don't see why making Jarmen switch between sniping/suppress/stinger is codewise impossible. A good many infantry units can do that.

You might as well give him a plasma gun, or a catapult. Almost any other buffs to Jarmen at this moment would make as much sense. Except for the one mentioned by Jie in internal chat. Not sure why thread still alive =\

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 3 Mar 2017, 8:42
Post #54

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

Member No.: 12634

Because we are trying to come up with a good buff for Jarmen?

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 3 Mar 2017, 8:54
Post #55

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

or apparently alot of people are unhappy with the state of jarmen and thats why we are talking about it?

This isnt the first time either, this thread finds a way to come back on the forums and the result is generally the same.
Effective=/= fun/engaging

--------------------

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 3 Mar 2017, 9:14
Post #56

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 2 Mar 2017, 14:06) *
So for the first part;
If jarmens stinger could fire in tottal stealth at heroic ranks or not make his location obvious/have a chance to escape after he shot it.Maybe speed up the animation then that stinger would be relevant all game long.Currently you see a jarmen taking a shot at your hellions, he fires it and kills one.You fire a thermobaric pod and you kill jarmen.
Near equal trade 1 for 1 for a combat hero,
As for the silencer part, This is the best way to go Imo, a faster or atleast stealthy fire mode at the cost of damage, with AP ammo and veterancy it would be able to kill shocktroopers or HTL rangers with ease.

Also everyone give XAOC a round of applause because he is rigously defending that jarmen is perfect and responding to everybody.

Edit; Supression cant be a firemode I already asked, Im not sure if jarmen could or should constantly fire at a warfactory to disable it.

IDK why you think that I defending Jarmen. I just talking about facts that he can do. His prefire delay when he use a stinger is not so long as you think. Yes if you use it near enemys chopers with thermobarrick rockets and player control them at this moment and see how Jarmen use his stinger, then he can kill JK if will be fast enough and thats a trade. Not fair enough for GLA player maybe but who ask him to use stinger right near chopers? You forgot one thing that JK stinger have pretty long range and if you will use it from it max range then enemys chopers will not even see that Jarmen uses his stinger and he will have enough time to retreat and fade/cloack in shadows. I used his stinger many times even on fast moving raptors and it's range even when raptor is going back and a bit far from JK. If we will decrease JK stinger prefire delay then we need to decrease fire range to compensate that. But I think that current verson with long range is better because if enemy have stealth detector near chopers then you need long range for fire to prevent detection and potential counter fire from them instead shorter range with faster fire because of stealth detection and counter answer after that.

QUOTE (rey @ 2 Mar 2017, 14:29) *
this is true Only in condition player is focused on part of battlefield with copters, or has them in direct control, or is not occupied by some other battle-task. otherwise due to distance ability may be used, Jarmen easily escapes in stealth without any "trade".
i'm fine with this, lets just not describe this ability as "easy to counter".

Yeah man you just say my words before me smile.gif. Totally agree with this statement

This post has been edited by XAOC-RU-: 3 Mar 2017, 9:16

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 3 Mar 2017, 9:15
Post #57

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 3 Mar 2017, 9:42) *
Because we are trying to come up with a good buff for Jarmen?

That's the problem, there's nothing indicating it needs one aside from some PvE players probably not finding out it's usefulness due to games with AI, same with the remarks about Lotus being "very bad combat hero" (not a direct quote, just the overall message from a page or two ago). The reason you don't have half of the tester team as well as skilled pvp players keep participating here here asking wtf are you guys doing is because they don't care for this thread, not because they silently agree.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 3 Mar 2017, 9:19

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 3 Mar 2017, 9:21
Post #58

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 2 Mar 2017, 14:06) *

I'm sorry but you want to make Jarmen fire without revealing himself and make his fire even faters that current variant? And also make him able to shot down shocktroopers by one shot. OMG he already fires pretty fast and when he comes to veteran ranks his sniper rifle transforms into machinegun. And after that you want to make a Minigun for him smile.gif with one bullet for kill smile.gif. Yeah thats sound scary and imba for me smile.gif

ANd for final: Shocktooper cost 500$. Can imagine how fast you will able to kill that army and earn Bounty cash

This post has been edited by XAOC-RU-: 3 Mar 2017, 9:24

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 3 Mar 2017, 10:54
Post #59

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 3 Mar 2017, 9:15) *
That's the problem, there's nothing indicating it needs one aside from some PvE players probably not finding out it's usefulness due to games with AI, same with the remarks about Lotus being "very bad combat hero" (not a direct quote, just the overall message from a page or two ago). The reason you don't have half of the tester team as well as skilled pvp players keep participating here here asking wtf are you guys doing is because they don't care for this thread, not because they silently agree.

And that's basicly what it all boils down to. This topic went on long enough and only turned into suggestion mode again, please don't do that.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 7:56