IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Will the Phalanx be the only US ship with AA-capabilities?, Because the Ticonderoga or LaWS-Destroyer work, too
SeraphsWrath
post 22 Nov 2015, 0:15
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12343

I know that the niche of total air-defense is already occupied by the Phalanx cruiser, but I wanted to know if that would be the only US AA ship, seeing as, on land, the US gets: Missile Defenders, Humvees (+TOW upgrade), and Avengers, and Avengers are by far the strongest in that role.

Actually, the Phalanx pretty much functions as a naval Avenger, whereas a Ticonderoga-class cruiser, with the AEGIS system, functions more as a Paladin Tank, but with SAMs instead of anti-missile equipment (to be fair, it has both, but not as much of the latter as the Paladin has).

Also, may I suggest a reference to the real-life US Navy's new LaWS system, exemplified on the destroyer USS Dewey, which functions more as an Anti-Air, Anti-Fast Attack Boat (such as suicide boats) role?

I have a link to a video demonstrating the Laser Warfare System in action against both surface vessels and UAVs.
Laser Warfare System (LaWS)

Finally, will all/most ships have a countermeasures upgrade, seeing as they have and have had missile-defenses since the Cold War (from flares+chaff to the dual-purpose Phalanx to the high-tech Millenium Gun)?

This post has been edited by SeraphsWrath: 22 Nov 2015, 0:21
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 22 Nov 2015, 6:04
Post #2

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 482

we are aware of how real life ships and naval warfare works, and we are also aware that this mod ships does not reflect them for gameplay reasons. if we're going to follow the real life ships, every ships in this mod could be anti-everything as they are (or can be) equipped with various weapons and tech mumbo-jumbo. we just don't want to litter the rosters with redundant units, as you can see the presented units so far have clear role distinction to each other.
there might be another US ships with AA capabilities, but mostly reserved for subfactions. details about them will be announced when the time come.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SeraphsWrath
post 8 Dec 2015, 2:11
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12343

Okay. I'll wait and see, I guess.

This post has been edited by SeraphsWrath: 8 Dec 2015, 2:14

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 March 2024 - 9:49