Reply to this topicStart new topic
General Leang's Scandal
Pidorashka
post 19 Feb 2015, 21:26
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10848

According to the Rise of the Reds timeline, General "Tigress" Leang was dishonorably discharged due to an "outrageous scandal", her position in the Special Weapons Division being filled by Mau Hu Tan. Has SWR clarified this event yet? Because I have a theory or two as to what happened:

1. Stealing American and GLA Tech
In the original Zero Hour challenge, Leang uses all three superweapons against you, and her unit roster includes units from all three factions. It has been stated that she has close ties with the US military, but judging by how the Particle Cannon is intended to be secret technology, it's likely that Leang had to steal the technology from the American. Also, she probably had shady deals with GLA-affiliated arms dealers like Sulaymaan to obtain Scud Storms and other GLA tech. Still reeling from the nuclear devastation of Beijing, the Chinese government and the people would have be outraged by the revelation of these deals, and the discovery of stolen American technology, potentially threatening the "Chimerican" economic relationship, would have added the icing on the cake.

2. Selling Technology to Europeans
A 5-star General Power for the ECA is the Grand Slam bomb, which unleashes a seismic attack similar to that of Leang's Hammer Cannons and Temple of Gaia. In Shockwave, which takes place before RoTR, Leang is the sole proprietor of seismic technology, which may have also been a top-secret Chinese asset. It is possible that Leang sold seismic technology to the Europeans during the Chinese-led rebuilding of Europe, possibly in exchange for researching abandoned American bases for new techology (A real-life example is the Chinese procurement of the American stealth helicopter wreckage in Pakistan after the 2011 Abottabad raid). Selling top-secret technology would have been a national disgrace, needless to say, and this scenario could also tie in with the first one.

3. Sex Scandal
Is the "outrageous scandal" a possible fallout of her saucy private life? Has her forbidden love with General Alexander gone too far? Hey, any port in a storm...

So what do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 19 Feb 2015, 21:53
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Sex scandal. Gotta be sex scandal.

No but seriously I've never thought about option #2, but I also think it is the least likely since China was on pretty good terms with Europe. Or did she sell the tech after they split the Eurasian Unity League? Nevertheless I don't think stealing technology would be a punishable war crime in China since why would they complain about getting some foreign tech?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pidorashka
post 19 Feb 2015, 22:01
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10848

True, but I think the Chinese leadership, which is more outraged with Leang's dealings with China's "sworn enemy", the GLA, would just use her theft of American tech as another excuse to punish her. That way, they can appease the indignant US government, since China still relies on the US for its export market.

That said, I think that the first scenario is most likely. But if MARS relents, I can write a slashfic based on the third scenario instead.

This post has been edited by Pidorashka: 19 Feb 2015, 22:21

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 20 Feb 2015, 0:02
Post #4

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

#3, has to be #3 laugh.gif Though #2 does sound quite likely actually, maybe it's a combination of #1 and #2 in that she stole USA/GLA tech, analyzed it and started using it in combination with her Chinese tech (say, base the Phoenix on the Aurora) and it didn't stop there so she also took from Europe. In the process she went completely over-budget and threatened international ties with China's allies who would rightfully feel quite betrayed about what she was doing.

+Quote Post
SiR Chaff
post 20 Feb 2015, 0:53
Post #5

umu
Group Icon

Member No.: 10691
No more.

QUOTE (Pidorashka @ 20 Feb 2015, 4:26) *
seismic attack similar to that of Leang's Hammer Cannons and Temple of Gaia. In Shockwave, which takes place before RoTR, Leang is the sole proprietor of seismic technology

I thought ShockWave wasn't canon in the ROTR storyline. Was there a change ???

This post has been edited by SiR Chaff: 20 Feb 2015, 3:51

+Quote Post
Spejjarn
post 20 Feb 2015, 1:16
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 9277

I think it's a culmative combination of cases 1 and 2. You don't tell your deepest secrets even to your closest friend and Post-28'-uprising-Europe was far from an equal peer with China (In my point of view even the 2040s-ECA isn't that powerful lorewise. Sure they managed to defend their territory and invade North Africa but the latter to everyone's big surprise). Selling seismic weaponry would sure be bad from ze Sino politburo's point of view. Please skip 3rd case - it's lame...

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 20 Feb 2015, 2:04
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

I imagine option 3 as something viable to Leang if she had an affair with some American high-ranking general to obtain technological secrets, but eventually the fact became a political scandal for both countries; imagine what she was not able to do to build the Chinese Particle Cannon... tongue.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 24 Feb 2015, 14:47
Post #8

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Shockwave didnt exist in rotrs universe at all...Shockwave is a fun expansion of zero hour and its mechanics.
ROTR is a continuation of its lore that brings new mechanics to play.

The scandal can be read about In an update, she was overbudget and had overexpensive when we had our rifles! can you belive that?!
So its morely 1 even if I want it to be 3 with her having access to king raptors (Turns out they were chineese wanabe king raptors not real american ones)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 21:39