Reply to this topicStart new topic
Angry Mob GP
atmospheric
post 7 Feb 2017, 15:50
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13346

Me, being a PVE & PVP player of the game, have a small grievance to put forward to the devs & testers before the official release of ROTR 1.87. If yall consider it, fine and if yall don't, its fine too.

When we play as GLA, we spend one full GP to deploy Angry Mob on the battlefield! So why does it have to be that the Angry Mob, when deployed have minimal health? I mean, whats the point if the mob is going to die as soon as it is deployed? Given that the mob grows gradually, and when deployed in the middle of a fierce ongoing battle, that GP is kind of a waste and not fair, tbh. In my pov, Angry Mob GP, should have at least 40% to 50% of health when deployed in the battle so that as a player, when we spend a full GP, it should return us atleast some xp, if not a wholesome.

I am up for a healthy discussion only please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 7 Feb 2017, 16:24
Post #2

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

But it's not a typical Angry mob, it's an insurrection mob.

From a thematic point of view , Insurrections keep on growing by rallying more angry protesters for the cause, and it keeps regrowing as one member replaces the other.

From a gameplay prespectuve, this mob can grow for up to 50 mebmers, meaning that the dps and survivability of the mob exponentially increase the longer you keep them alive. They do not require an upgrade, so their damage is max from the get go.

Having it spawn 50 men by defualt would be horribly broken. Keep in mind that you only spent 1 GP point for this kind of reinforcement.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
atmospheric
post 7 Feb 2017, 16:41
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mizo @ 7 Feb 2017, 8:24) *
But it's not a typical Angry mob, it's an insurrection mob.

From a thematic point of view , Insurrections keep on growing by rallying more angry protesters for the cause, and it keeps regrowing as one member replaces the other.

From a gameplay prespectuve, this mob can grow for up to 50 mebmers, meaning that the dps and survivability of the mob exponentially increase the longer you keep them alive. They do not require an upgrade, so their damage is max from the get go.

Having it spawn 50 men by defualt would be horribly broken. Keep in mind that you only spent 1 GP point for this kind of reinforcement.

Okay Mizo, well technically your argument is to the point of clarification and I don't deny that.

However, practically, can't really seem to understand as in how is there a chance of survival of this mob at minimal health, so as to speak of having the mob spawn to a crowd of 50 members over the time when it is deployed in a fierce ongoing battle, is my concern. You should try deploying it with a Hard AI opponent in a PVE scenario. Considering the fact, when playing PVE, the AI is aggressive and in PVP, the humans are cunning and intelligent, it does not help in the battle, while spending the GP for the mob. I ain't saying that it should be buffed to 100% health. Is it not possible to fancy a buff by perhaps 20% or 30% from its current health and reduce the spawn to 25 or 30 members from the current 50? And everyone lives happily ever after tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 7 Feb 2017, 16:52
Post #4

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

You dont have to deploy it at the heat of battle though. The only time you do that is if you know the enemy does not have a rapid response for it, hence you can do so much damage with them ( for a 1 point GP with their damage, it's insane)

GLA AI deploys them in their base, and when they attack......it's torture.

Killing a 50-man squad can sometimes be tricky.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
atmospheric
post 7 Feb 2017, 17:01
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mizo @ 7 Feb 2017, 8:52) *
You dont have to deploy it at the heat of battle though. The only time you do that is if you know the enemy does not have a rapid response for it, hence you can do so much damage with them ( for a 1 point GP with their damage, it's insane)

GLA AI deploys them in their base, and when they attack......it's torture.

Killing a 50-man squad can sometimes be tricky.

Okies. Cool, tho I use them to kill AI superweapons with an Ambush GP smile.gif

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 7 Feb 2017, 17:55
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (*atmospheric* @ 7 Feb 2017, 20:41) *
Okay Mizo, well technically your argument is to the point of clarification and I don't deny that.

However, practically, can't really seem to understand as in how is there a chance of survival of this mob at minimal health, so as to speak of having the mob spawn to a crowd of 50 members over the time when it is deployed in a fierce ongoing battle, is my concern. You should try deploying it with a Hard AI opponent in a PVE scenario. Considering the fact, when playing PVE, the AI is aggressive and in PVP, the humans are cunning and intelligent, it does not help in the battle, while spending the GP for the mob. I ain't saying that it should be buffed to 100% health. Is it not possible to fancy a buff by perhaps 20% or 30% from its current health and reduce the spawn to 25 or 30 members from the current 50? And everyone lives happily ever after tongue.gif

PvE and PvP games hardly differ from each other. AI always spam defenses and have decent guard of it's base so there is no point to spend this GP on AI's base. game balance made for PvP games. Main reason why Ins Mobs start with so low health -- because they too powerfull. Sure you can make very good protection vs them by putting some units like helis or microwave tanks to make them useless but dont forgt that you can spam them everywhere you want so you enemy need certain investment to make their base under good protection. Also as Mizo said they have their theme where they keep going stronger over time and become insane strong if survive. That mean you can spam them outside of enemys base and use them like a good meatshield with high DPS when they will have 100%HP. Noone force you to use it right in enemys base but if imagine that you caught enemy offguard that will be end for him

+Quote Post
Scud
post 7 Feb 2017, 23:05
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 11600

You want to buff one of the most OP GP that GLA has... you're insane bro.

--------------------
AzizAmbush to Bruce: "No, you take the oil, you're America"

+Quote Post
rey
post 7 Feb 2017, 23:07
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 10315

the question arose from one-sided use of GP. while spawning somewhere far from enemy base, let it grow and then attack is often more devastating.

btw i wonder what happens if spawn Insurrection and deploy Field Repairs(healing aura) -will it make mob spawn members faster? need to check.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 7 Feb 2017, 23:59
Post #9

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (rey @ 8 Feb 2017, 1:07) *
the question arose from one-sided use of GP. while spawning somewhere far from enemy base, let it grow and then attack is often more devastating.

btw i wonder what happens if spawn Insurrection and deploy Field Repairs(healing aura) -will it make mob spawn members faster? need to check.

They dont,nothing effects the spawn rate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
atmospheric
post 8 Feb 2017, 3:43
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Scud @ 7 Feb 2017, 16:05) *
You want to buff one of the most OP GP that GLA has... you're insane bro.

you might wanna read again what my concern was, bruh. pretending to be smarter dont make you any smarter.

+Quote Post
Arc
post 8 Feb 2017, 7:00
Post #11

"Filthy" Casual
Group Icon

Member No.: 10666
One does not simply suggest ideas to SWR.

How is making them spawn with MORE men NOT buffing? Those guys shred everything.

EDIT: Oh, so you want to nerf their damage output but make them harder to kill at spawn? I don't think that GP is meant to be like that, an instant ability to get more troops in the heat of battle would be the Ambush abilities, while this is meant to be spawned at your base until it heals.

This post has been edited by Arc: 8 Feb 2017, 7:04

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 8 Feb 2017, 12:00
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (rey @ 8 Feb 2017, 3:07) *

no it wont. Already checked. Healling aura or emergency repair GP heals units (models) itself but not decrease spawn time of mobs (that how they grow and their HP is growing). So there is no way to make their grow faster

+Quote Post
Lobo Solitario
post 8 Feb 2017, 19:27
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9093

It's a pretty amazing power - being able to deploy the mob at higher health would be lethal, you could drop it in a base and it'd do more damage than a superweapon. It's more of a support power (dropped in your own territory), or a high-stakes gamble (dropped in your opponent's) - drop it somewhere unexpected, and if the enemy doesn't notice in time, they're in for a world of hurt when the 50-strong mob piles into the back of their base/army.

+Quote Post
Shalom
post 8 Feb 2017, 20:17
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 10034

QUOTE (*atmospheric* @ 7 Feb 2017, 16:50) *
Me, being a PVE & PVP player of the game, have a small grievance to put forward to the devs & testers before the official release of ROTR 1.87. If yall consider it, fine and if yall don't, its fine too.

When we play as GLA, we spend one full GP to deploy Angry Mob on the battlefield! So why does it have to be that the Angry Mob, when deployed have minimal health? I mean, whats the point if the mob is going to die as soon as it is deployed? Given that the mob grows gradually, and when deployed in the middle of a fierce ongoing battle, that GP is kind of a waste and not fair, tbh. In my pov, Angry Mob GP, should have at least 40% to 50% of health when deployed in the battle so that as a player, when we spend a full GP, it should return us atleast some xp, if not a wholesome.

I am up for a healthy discussion only please.

If it would be deployed at full health it would be no different than a VDV Squad or any other unit drop in the game. The GLA already has ambushing and burst damage capability by default, it doesn't need another one via a GP.

The Insurrection Mob gives you a unit that you can deploy anywhere, but you have to wait for it to grow. Once it approaches full manpower, it outdamages all other drop GPs in the game. It is a resilient unit, able to reform itself if a single member survives. In exchange for all of this, the mob is weaker at the start. All of this sets it aside from other drop GPs adding to the overall diversity of the game.

This post has been edited by Shalom: 8 Feb 2017, 20:17

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 23:32