GeneralCamo
post 24 Dec 2009, 7:47
Post #77

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

I'm glad to see this topic alive again. If this is a good thing, then I hope that it goes into 2.0.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 24 Dec 2009, 15:33
Post #78

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

For many of my ideas I need to get some GLA/ECA units in the shots D:

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 24 Dec 2009, 17:44
Post #79

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Yep. Unless you have a beta version of the next version but you can't get one from invitation.

Also, A good idea would be to dememstrate the three teirs of anti-air. First you would have some cobras and little birds (still in world builder as it will be used later) flying toward a teir 1 anti air (of course it isn't just 1 unit silly. That's more like suicide than an idea). They get shot down. Then some ECA planes (forgot the name of it) will come and destroy them. But then some teir 2 anti air will deploy and shoot. Last, MIGs will come and destroy those. But some burkets (I haven't played in a while so correct me if spelling is wrong) come toward the MIGs. Now this part is tricky. Both the MIGs and Burkets must destroy each other so that nothing survives.

I also think that this should be pinned. It's a very hot topic.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 24 Dec 2009, 18:15

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 24 Dec 2009, 20:06
Post #80

Group Icon

Ideally I need someone who is good at Worldbuilder/Scripting to help me. I put it together and get music for it - but the scripting is difficult.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrizzAFWX
post 7 Jan 2010, 5:02
Post #81

Group Icon

Member No.: 160

Rise of the Reds Intro Movie (USA Version):

*NOTE: This is meant to be humorous, not intended to be taken seriously.

-Opens as US President Willie Bradford is boarding Air Force One-

US President Willie Bradford:

Gentlemen, what do you have for me?

USAF General Griffon:

Sir, the Russian Air Force has gained air superiority over European forces with the latest round of strikes. Our intel suggests, however, that it will be very difficult for the Russians to gain full aerial supremacy as the British have several squadrons of aircraft that have survived Russia's aerial bombardment to include their newly designed bomber.

That's good to hear. Are our air forces prepared to deploy to Europe if need be?

USAF General Griffon:

Yes sir, all fighter squadrons and their support squadrons are on standby for deployment to Great Britain, Ireland, and the Azores should the Europeans request our help. Our transport aircraft are also on alert at several army forts if the ground pounders need to be deployed directly to Europe. The bombers are on standby for deployment to Iceland.

Alright. General Bradley what is the status of our ground forces?

US Army General Bradley:

Well sir, we have troops... I prefer not to call them ground pounders... standing by at Fort Bragg, Fort Drum, Fort Hood, and Fort Carson ready to be transported by the zoomies. Fifty percent of our tank force is has been packed aboard transport ships and are waiting the word. The other fifty percent I would prefer to keep here state-side.

Sounds good. Hopefully Europe shouldn't need ground assistant, but we need to have forces on alert in case the Russians continue to push westward. Any ground intel out of Europe?

US Army General Bradley:

Sir, ground intel out of Europe has been sketchy, but the EU's Jadgmammut tanks should be able to match anything the Russians can field and we're getting reports from our attaches in the field that their Goalkeeper defense system is quite robust with few vulnerabilities.

Thank you. Be sure to update me if you get anything new. General Thorn, what's the status on our special forces contingent?

US Joint Special Operations Command General Thorn:

Sir, we have special forces joint task force units operating in South America and Africa, mainly working with indigenous friendly forces to help bolster stability in pro-western countries on those two continents. The front between the Colombo-Ecua-Venezualen coalition and the Brazil-Argentine-Chilean league has stabilized over the last few days and our units in Brazil and Chile are also helping to train indeginous special forces units there. We have intel that Russian special forces units are aiding the Colombo-Ecua-Venezualen coalition. Africa is more of a mess. The GLA have destabilized most of the northern and central portions of the continent. Army Ranger and Air Force combat controller and combat weather units have captured three strategic airfields in northwest Africa that could be of use if we need to deploy to Europe.

Thanks General Thorn. Gentlemen continue keep your forces on alert, we could be fully involved in a conflict of epic proportions. Code word for the deployment of forces and commencement of Operation Instant Lightning will be Carol...

-Fades to black as Bradford says "Carol"-

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 7 Jan 2010, 5:06
Post #82

Group Icon

Not a bad idea, but all that really shows of ROTR is the USA Generals, unless you plan to have some clips in there of USA units in gameplay

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrizzAFWX
post 7 Jan 2010, 5:22
Post #83

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 6 Jan 2010, 20:06) *
Not a bad idea, but all that really shows of ROTR is the USA Generals, unless you plan to have some clips in there of USA units in gameplay

I was planning of doing one for each side.

I would have to take some artistic freedom when doing the ECA and Russia though, since pictures have already been released for those generals.

This post has been edited by GrizzAFWX: 7 Jan 2010, 5:23

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 7 Jan 2010, 5:26
Post #84

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (GrizzAFWX @ 6 Jan 2010, 19:02) *
Rise of the Reds Intro Movie (USA Version):

*NOTE: This is meant to be humorous, not intended to be taken seriously.
[.Awesome Here.]

Well played sir XD.gif

Edit:

If your looking for General Wolfgang pics on your search for ECA generals, well take a load of this:

His name is actually General Wolfgang aw.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 7 Jan 2010, 5:44
Post #85

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 7 Jan 2010, 2:26) *
His name is actually General Wolfgang aw.gif

So he is General General Wolfgang? aw2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 7 Jan 2010, 8:42
Post #86

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

duh2.png

No just Wolfgang tongue.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
wb21
post 7 Jan 2010, 9:37
Post #87

Товарищ
Group Icon

Member No.: 175
ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

Nice story, Grizz biggrin.gif

--------------------

"Not in mood...go away..."
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."

Bringing wrath to a forum near you since 2009!

+Quote Post
Raven
post 7 Jan 2010, 10:26
Post #88

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

Impressive Grizz smile.gif.

Army Ranger and Air Force combat controller and combat weather units have captured three strategic airfields in northwest Africa that could be of use if we need to deploy to Europe.

what do you mean by combat weather units??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 7 Jan 2010, 14:38
Post #89

Group Icon

Comr4de, have you chosen the voice talent for the US (or any Generals)? Because what Grizz suggested is feasible but we would have to get some voices in to do each of the generals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrizzAFWX
post 8 Jan 2010, 2:43
Post #90

Group Icon

QUOTE (Raven @ 7 Jan 2010, 1:26) *
Impressive Grizz smile.gif.

what do you mean by combat weather units??

Air Force special operations weather units. They usually deploy with Air Force combat controllers, Army Delta Force, Army Rangers, and Army Spec Ops Helo units (i.e. 160th SOAR). They help provide environmental data in unfriendly territory, etc. Weather info is essential to all aviation operations both in the Air Force and the Army so there are weather folks both on the conventional and special forces sides.

http://www.afsoc.af.mil/library/factsheets...et.asp?id=13278
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w42yL76KZo

+Quote Post
Raven
post 8 Jan 2010, 5:37
Post #91

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

oh...didn't knew such units existed smile.gif. Thanks for the clarification

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 10 Jan 2010, 16:41
Post #92

Group Icon

This project is actually on hold at the moment, mainly because I suck at wordbuilder tongue.gif
But I could use any help, and anyone who has the full copy of Fraps currently installed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
IonCharge
post 13 Jan 2010, 23:49
Post #93

Group Icon

Member No.: 340
Once you see the blue light you are already dead

i'd help out but i uninstalled RoTR a while back. Maybe its time to start it up again wink.gif

--------------------

QUOTE (Shock @ 20 Jun 2009 @ 3:40)
You make it sound like SWR's hidden some nude patch in it..

QUOTE (huhnu @ 16 May 2010, 5:06) *
I've reported it.
And have tried 5 more times anyways.
I'm pro-trolling that mod.

Your base has been targeted for demolition

+Quote Post
Razven
post 14 Jan 2010, 8:43
Post #94

Group Icon

Member No.: 40
Projects: ROTR Tester

Oh hey, haven't been around lately, but I'm interested in throwing out ideas and stuff, am I too late?

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 14 Jan 2010, 15:17
Post #95

Group Icon

QUOTE (Razven @ 14 Jan 2010, 5:43) *
Oh hey, haven't been around lately, but I'm interested in throwing out ideas and stuff, am I too late?

No time like the present biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wi-Ta
post 14 Jan 2010, 15:21
Post #96

Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 8
Projects: SWR Tester
Old sneaky german

QUOTE (IonCharge @ 13 Jan 2010, 20:49) *
i'd help out but i uninstalled RoTR a while back. Maybe its time to start it up again wink.gif

What? duhsov.png

aw.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (NergiZed @ 5 Dec 2010, 18:51) *
Just add some green particle effects and it'll be like X-mas~!

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 20 Oct 2009, 14:17) *
The ECM effects have a nasty side effect that it makes pilots drunk :P

+Quote Post
IonCharge
post 14 Jan 2010, 20:17
Post #97

Group Icon

Member No.: 340
Once you see the blue light you are already dead

I wasn't playing it much tongue.gif

--------------------

QUOTE (Shock @ 20 Jun 2009 @ 3:40)
You make it sound like SWR's hidden some nude patch in it..

QUOTE (huhnu @ 16 May 2010, 5:06) *
I've reported it.
And have tried 5 more times anyways.
I'm pro-trolling that mod.

Your base has been targeted for demolition

+Quote Post
Razven
post 19 Jan 2010, 7:32
Post #98

Group Icon

Member No.: 40
Projects: ROTR Tester

QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 14 Jan 2010, 19:17) *
No time like the present biggrin.gif

Awesome, becuase I've been doing some fact-finding and concept brainstorming, I got some ideas that I like to share.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 19 Jan 2010, 13:39
Post #99

Group Icon

QUOTE (Razven @ 19 Jan 2010, 4:32) *
Awesome, becuase I've been doing some fact-finding and concept brainstorming, I got some ideas that I like to share.

Please, go right ahead smile.gif

I've been thinking of some way to make the intro sequence into a very brief history, but of course we'd either need voice talent or some newspaper headlines to show.

For example, a turning point in the ROTR war would be when the Russians were ditched by the ECA (for whatever reason) and turned on them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrizzAFWX
post 12 Feb 2010, 5:32
Post #100

Group Icon

Okay, sorry it took so long, but here's a follow up to the USA intro I did awhile back. This time the ECA (again these is meant more for entertainment and humer than as a serious suggestion and just to note, I couldn't find the name of the EU Prime Minister/President in any of the lore so if an admin or moderator needs to edit the post for accuracy in that regard, please by all means go for it)...

Opens in a secret underground command and control bunker in somewhere in the Azores.

ECA General Willem (hurredly entering the room):

Prime Minister Wallace, sir, the Russians have just struck a major offensive against us. They've knocked out our airfields reducing our air assets to rubble. Our initial estimates is that our current operational air strength lies at about 10%, most of which consists of our airlift fleet. Most of our A400M aircraft were operating well within our territory and were spared. Intel suggests the Russians are following up their initial airstrike with ground movements into eastern Europe. Satellite imagery within the past few hours show tank divisions moving out of Kalinigrad, Minsk, and Kiev and we have reports that hundreds of Russian paradrop units, including light mechanized units have landed throughout western and Austria and we've heard rumors that these units have already overwhelmed friendly forces in the Czech Republic and Prague has already fallen.

ECA Prime Minister Nevin Wallace:

Hmm, General Willem, it seems the reds have dealt us a vile blow. What is the status of our Goalkeeper defensive structures, is the research done, have they gone operational yet?

ECA General Willem:

They went operational this morning and are currently being deployed to strategic points across Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and northern Italy... Areas where we expect the front to stabilize.

Good, good. General Charles, if I am not mistaken, we should still have a couple hundred mothballed Avro Vulcan bombers laying around from the Cold War days, how quickly can we get them back up to operational status?

ECA General Charles:

Correct sir, we do. They can be operational in roughly 36 hours with enough technicians and engineers. Luckily the gents at Avro still have all the design plans. Their manning plus our military technicians and engineers should be enough personnel for the 24 hour turn around. We will also be upgrading the birds with new avionics, control, and propulsion systems. Once operational they should really be able to give the reds hell.

Superb, we need to strategically strike back soon, to let the Russians know we won't keel over and die. General Wolfgang, what is the status of your mechanized units?

ECA General Wolfgang:

Sir, our mechanized units in eastern Germany, Austria, and Finland were decimated in the initial Russian airstrikes leaving our mechanized force strength at 60%. Fortunately the majority of our Leopard Tank divisions and Lynx divisions were stationed in Norway, Belgium, western Germany, and Switzerland survived the airstrikes relatively unscathed. Our Jadgmammut divisions were participating in an exercise in the Alps and thus were not present when their home stations were bombed by Russian aircraft. All mechanized forces are currently en-route to our Goalkeeper defense deployment locations to aid in defense and should be in place within 8 hours.

Thank you General Wolfgang. Gentlemen, for the next 36 hours we must defend our European homeland. Should we fall the red armies of darkness will eventually march the world over. The world is counting on us to make our stand in defense of Europe and the world. Once we make that stand and our bombers are operational we shall strike back at the red invaders in what will be Europe's finest hour...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 4:27