IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Whats a marauder?, Feedback is needed
This is a funny poll, real questions bellow
Whats a Marauder?
That Starcraft 2 Terran unit thats clearly a black guy thats an armoured Gangsta with antitank weapons [ 10 ] ** [17.86%]
That annoying tank that skips over your minefields [ 6 ] ** [10.71%]
The thing you want to use when playing GLA but its too much of a chore [ 18 ] ** [32.14%]
The zero hour tank that you see on the generals gentlemen cast with no moving turret. [ 10 ] ** [17.86%]
Your reason of existence as its your tank-ifu that you sleep togeter with a pillow dreaming you were real and in World of tanks. [ 5 ] ** [8.93%]
Your relatives and kids on thanksgiving/Halloween/holiday visits [ 7 ] ** [12.50%]
Total Votes: 51
Guests cannot vote 
Lobo Solitario
post 13 Jan 2017, 12:08
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9093

QUOTE (XAOC-RU- @ 12 Jan 2017, 18:29) *
Making them with less damage and higher HP will make them like any other tanks. Not high HP average speed and high DPS for thier price is matching GLA theme when you have good speed with decent firepower but not high HP even for heavy stuff

Yeah, but in this case you have another unit that basically outdoes it in all those categories, except in some specific circumstances, and that isn't locked behind a GP. The Marauder is very nice, but the Scorpion is already a more extreme version of it - faster and more burst with rockets, cheaper and faster building, at the expense of being weaker and having less sustained DPS (both of little consequence considering the lifespan of GLA tanks in a battle). The Scorpion is already about as cost-effective in its role as it can get without being OP, so that doesn't leave much space for the Marauder in a similar role, except in the niche cases where the Scorp's effectiveness is being significantly impacted by having its rockets neutralised, or there are mad amounts of mines to deal with. While this is fine, I would like to see the Marauder having more of a central role, complementary to the Scorpion rather than competing with it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shaggy
post 13 Jan 2017, 17:12
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 14212

QUOTE (Lobo Solitario @ 13 Jan 2017, 6:08) *
Yeah, but in this case you have another unit that basically outdoes it in all those categories, except in some specific circumstances, and that isn't locked behind a GP. The Marauder is very nice, but the Scorpion is already a more extreme version of it - faster and more burst with rockets, cheaper and faster building, at the expense of being weaker and having less sustained DPS (both of little consequence considering the lifespan of GLA tanks in a battle). The Scorpion is already about as cost-effective in its role as it can get without being OP, so that doesn't leave much space for the Marauder in a similar role, except in the niche cases where the Scorp's effectiveness is being significantly impacted by having its rockets neutralised, or there are mad amounts of mines to deal with. While this is fine, I would like to see the Marauder having more of a central role, complementary to the Scorpion rather than competing with it.

I suppose the Marauder is gonna be a nightmare for the dev team; if he does need looking into, how would one address it? There's the gap between its scrap tiers to look into, so how would that be ironed out? Would the base gun's effectiveness be boosted overall in favor of a smaller gap between the scrap tier's differences? It would be silly to allow it to achieve further levels of scrap insanity, like shoving four barrels on the thing like some new age Quad Cannon. (As I write this, I honestly want to see a quad-tank gun now). But perhaps he could be more built around scrap in a different way; the Maraud and Scorp both already have solid upgrades from Recycler salvage, so perhaps that could be expanded upon? Perhaps, rather than needing the Recycler to snatch up faction salvage, the Marauder can make use of it by his lonesome. He could, say, run over a Russian T1 scrap pile, and be able to snag the reactive armor upgrade for himself afterwards, but other units would still need the recycler to gain the salvage upgrades for themselves.

Or maybe that's an awful idea, or is flatout impossible; what do I know. But the Marauder does stick out in my mind as the "scrap ramping" unit.

There is the issue of the tank being locked behind a generals point, however. Personally I usually have access to him anyway in favor of Battle Buses, but there's certainly something to be desired thereafter since I'm usually just running Buses and Quads more than anything else. My playstyle is not built on subtlety.

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 13 Jan 2017, 17:59
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (Lobo Solitario @ 13 Jan 2017, 16:08) *

Marauder have more chances to survive against AOE damage due to higher HP. For example if you build blob of scorpions they will start to stuck each other when their number reach some value simply because way passes on maps have limited space so there will be a moment when there is no sense to spam more tanks because they will start to block each other on move even in formation in some locations or even on flat spases and this will be perfect moment for AOE damage dealers like artillery (Infernos, Grads, Nuke cannons, Mstas etc). Marauders in this situation need less numbers to reach same effect without blocking and stoping and will survive much longer than scorps and will able to deal some damage to arty for example (thanks to thier decent weapon range and good moving speed). Also dont forget that scorp's rocket is usless vs PDL, ECM, ECA chaffs and much less effective to Russian ERA). The problem when you compare scorps vs Marauders with same money that you will spend on them ( 2000$ for scorps vs 2000$ for Marauders for example) you forget that ROTR is not world of tanks. Situation when full upgraded Scorps will face Marauders maybe only in late game so there will be strange that both GLA players (if this is GLA mirror game) will not use grads buggies airforce, overwatch or other stuff which will kill scorps long before than they will able to make first shot due to their paper armor+HP and low weapon range. Also there are micromanage factor so if even some scorps survive you can focus 2-3 Maradeurs on one scorp and they will successfully focus on them because they weapon range is much higher than scorps. If you will try to make this with scorps at same range you will receive not good effect. In best case scorps will just start to drive forward to reach 150 range unit for fire. In worst case they may start to stuck and block each other and effect of this will be like one scorp followed one by one like a choo-choo train to their death from focused fire Marauders. As i said before I wouldn't mind if Marauders will get scorps rocket upgrade too and their mine immune ability will be purchaseable like addon for each tank

This post has been edited by XAOC-RU-: 13 Jan 2017, 18:05

+Quote Post
Purple
post 13 Jan 2017, 18:39
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 13498

Honestly what might be good to do is remove the recycler upgrades from the scorpion so that only the marauder can get ERA and the other stuff. That might balance them out more.

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:
- Aggressive amounts of micromanagement.
- Superweapon whack-a-mole.

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 13 Jan 2017, 20:27
Post #30

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Not an option , otherwise other generals won't benefit from those specific tank upgrades since Mauraders is not a main battle tank , but more of a unique assault unit for General Sulaymaan. ( While statistically it doesn't really show that distinct difference yet) .

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Shalom
post 14 Jan 2017, 12:31
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 10034

I don't think the marauder needs to be as straightforward to use as other MBTs - its part of the GLA, and even Sulayman cannot go full Russia levels in respect to direct attacks. It's ok to be harder to use than other MBTs, since the GLA has strengths in other aspects of the game (stealth, speed).

If one wants to be more brutish, the Marauder gives you this option, but since it is not GLA's strength I think its fine for players to have to struggle more to make use of this unit via acquiring salvage or other requirements, and it certainly shouldn't be cost effective vs other MBTs without salvage.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 14 Jan 2017, 16:51
Post #32

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

It shouldn't be. This thing need a GP to use so obviously it needs to have more screen time than the default scorpion upon chosen.

How about Explosion or Aurora bomb damage type after upgrade? So it can be a spammable siege tank.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 14 Jan 2017, 16:53

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 14 Jan 2017, 18:36
Post #33

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Honestly people I wanted to recive feedback on the tank, how you use it, how much you use it, how effective it is.

This was not ment to be a balence discussion.But I guess your having fun so carry on.

Sort of dissapointed that only a few people answerd my questions most of the time.Well atleast the poll has alot of results,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Purple
post 16 Jan 2017, 14:07
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 13498

QUOTE (Mizo @ 13 Jan 2017, 20:27) *
Not an option , otherwise other generals won't benefit from those specific tank upgrades since Mauraders is not a main battle tank , but more of a unique assault unit for General Sulaymaan. ( While statistically it doesn't really show that distinct difference yet) .

Honestly I am not sure that would be a bad thing. The scorpion is quite powerful as it is. And it would make some sense for most GLA generals to only use those upgrades on "support" units whilst he just goes all ham and puts them on a battle tank.

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:
- Aggressive amounts of micromanagement.
- Superweapon whack-a-mole.

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 16 Jan 2017, 18:49
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 14 Jan 2017, 17:51) *
How about Explosion or Aurora bomb damage type after upgrade? So it can be a spammable siege tank.

Except infantry and most other things take full damage against both damage types, which would make Marauders anti-everything-on-the-ground...

This post has been edited by Hanfield: 16 Jan 2017, 18:49

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 16 Jan 2017, 21:03
Post #36

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Scorpion is anti-everything after rocket and toxin shell upgrade. I don't think there's a problem if Marauder can do the same or even better.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
rey
post 18 Jan 2017, 9:16
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 10315

i don't think my answers really matter(not even active PvP player), but Bruce really stated straight questioned to answer.

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 12 Jan 2017, 9:22) *
How often do you use the marauder tank? As its locked behind a GP at the momment?
quite seldom, i'd say 1 out of 4-5 games.

Do you only get it for the mineclearing/Ignoring?
for that too, yet having more durable tank against enemy heavy armor.

How often do you upgrade your tanks with its salvage upgrades.(More on that on a possible future poll)
i try to upgrade a group before using them in actual attack.

How many of them actually get full salvage upgrades in your games? Do they make an Impact of any sort or get sniped by air or long ranged weapons?
obviously not more then 8-10 get upgrades as i have to hide them in Tunnel from snipes. and this is not really funny - running for scrap parts and back to hide doesn't really make one feel like it's a durable tank actually and not some technical(mind additional micro).

Do theese marauders ever see the heroic ranks?
sometimes yes. i'd say it's the same as with Overlords in "final charge" - most die for breaking enemy defense line, but among those to survive few have a chance.

Does making theese tanks tier 1 make you forget about them or less inclined to use them? Follow up; would making them tier 0 be more "fun" (Men of math hear me, this is just an example I know theese things are like kodiaks in strength by default)
for me making them lower in tiers won't really make change, as current Marauder doesn't have a unique feel = doesn't stand out with anything that some number of Scorps couldn't do.

Tell me aside from the mine clearing why you would ever choose a marauder over two scorpions with rockets.(Both default with all upgrades added)
telling truth most of times i take this GP more for aesthetics than for utility - to get a feel of some "bigger brutal tank with excessive barrel fire-power".

Last but not least do you think this card is balenced for five stars?
5 star GP you mean? even with those armor/attack parameters this unit just has little abilities to really bring difference to battlefield.

+Quote Post
Lobo Solitario
post 19 Jan 2017, 13:22
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 9093

I think I pretty much answered in my initial post, but just to confirm, my answers are pretty much along the lines of rey's.

XAOC-RU- all good and valid points. The Marauder is certainly not a bad unit, and it has its advantages. I just personally rarely find a need for it - in most cases I feel that a flanking attack with special units or extra buggies/grads is a more cost-effective investment, even more so with the GLA economy changes which punish spamming and battles of attrition so much. I do like the unit, but I've never felt like it won me a game or made a vast difference in an engagement.

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 26 Jan 2017, 11:10
Post #39

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

Marauder is the GLA's Medium Tank.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 26 Jan 2017, 14:42
Post #40

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 26 Jan 2017, 13:10) *
Marauder is the GLA's Medium Tank.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS, HIS POWER LEVEL IS OVER 9000!

If you got nothing productive to add then dont comemnt,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 26 Jan 2017, 15:00
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 26 Jan 2017, 14:42) *

Well...He is like, right hahah

+Quote Post
LoneRebel
post 6 Feb 2017, 11:11
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 11110

What I'm getting from the comments is that it's not really that the Marauder is weak or underpowered, it's just that Scorpion Rockets are just that good.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 6 Feb 2017, 12:21
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

game broken, move scorpion rocket to scud storm pleas.

+Quote Post
Supat97
post 23 Feb 2017, 8:18
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 14339

Well i use the marauder as my main MBT when i am Playing as GLA in my opinion is more powerful than scorpion tank i guess.

--------------------

"Even Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it...I will change it for myself until the day my life gone out!" - Burton Reyes

+Quote Post
Jet02
post 23 Feb 2017, 8:48
Post #45

Group Icon

Member No.: 13185

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 26 Jan 2017, 21:42) *

It suddenly occurred to me that he might have been trying to answer to the title of this thread instead of responding to the actual conversation itself. That's exactly what happened in my old thread after all.

The answer he provided was right btw.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 23 Feb 2017, 11:17
Post #46

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (Jet02 @ 23 Feb 2017, 9:48) *
It suddenly occurred to me that he might have been trying to answer to the title of this thread instead of responding to the actual conversation itself. That's exactly what happened in my old thread after all.

The answer he provided was right btw.

Then that was more for the poll rather than the chat

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Jet02
post 23 Feb 2017, 12:19
Post #47

Group Icon

Member No.: 13185

Prob took the title a bit too seriously.

What's a marauder?

Gla's medium tank ofc

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 23 Feb 2017, 16:28
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 123

Best marauder: https://migrev85.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/poe1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist wink.gif

+Quote Post
M.P
post 23 Feb 2017, 18:46
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 10559

QUOTE (Stalker @ 23 Feb 2017, 18:58) *
Best marauder: https://migrev85.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/poe1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist wink.gif

Mutant marauder is better I8.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 11:09