post 27 Feb 2016, 14:42
Post #1

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

In today's update, we will be looking at another significant rework:

The Enforcer Tank Mk.II was the pinnacle of American ingenuity, equipped with a powerful plasma cannon and a "Philadelphia Warp Drive". While on paper this unit--which was able to teleport anywhere near-instantaneously--was a promising success in the growing War on Terror, it turned out to be a disaster. Crews had to be trained for months to even be able to work the over-complicated Warp Drive, which was a very expensive machine. Reports also emerged of crew "disappearing" in the rifts, never to be seen again. During the unfolding scandal, which saw the sacking of several higher-ups in the Department of Defense, General Alexander ordered a retool of the venerable plasma tank. All remaining tanks were scrapped or retooled for other purposes, but with the warp drives removed. A new design was planned, one utilizing the promising drone systems and hover technology of the "Robot Tank" project. With these systems in place, along with some improvements to the plasma cannon, the Enforcer Tank Mk.III was born.

Unlike previous incarnations of the Enforcer, this unit is a fully-automated hover drone. It is no longer able to teleport and can no longer gain experience, but gains self-repairing abilities, and a very fast chassis. With the boosts to its cannon, it is able to reach a longer range and has a much more potent plasma mixture. These systems combined keep the Plasma's unstable effects well away from friendly forces, earning the respect of General Alexander's manned forces. The platform proved to be more than an acceptable replacement for previous incarnations of the machine, and improvements are continuing to be researched.

Some gameplay with this unit:

Just a reminder, there is a stream tomorrow showcasing the internal version at 14:00 GMT. You will be able to see this unit among other units in the stream.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Angel
post 27 Feb 2016, 15:30
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 713

It's not the best decision. Cause warp drive was cheat and it was need to do something with it, but this general is not specialized to have powerfull tanks, but you did cannon of this tank even more powerful, although it wasn't weak earlier. It's very strangely. If we are talking about USA SW general, I also hope you finally fix auroras, which was cheat still in ZH, but in so many versions of Shockwave you are still not fix it.

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 27 Feb 2016, 16:35
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

The Enforcer Mk. III looks nice, but why was the 'Philadelphia Warp Drive' was removed? The Mk II was my favorite unit in the mod.

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 27 Feb 2016, 16:43
Post #4

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Admiral*Alex @ 27 Feb 2016, 16:35) *
The Enforcer Mk. III looks nice, but why was the 'Philadelphia Warp Drive' was removed? The Mk II was my favorite unit in the mod.

Hm, we removed something that didn't work the way we wanted and was also too complex in exectution. Why would we do that?

That said, the new Enforcer makes more than up for the loss due to its new stats smile.gif

+Quote Post
L3610N 115
post 27 Feb 2016, 17:24
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10595

MK 2 was highly bugged and incredibly complicated to use, the MK 3 makes life easy, enjoy.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 27 Feb 2016, 22:47
Post #6

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

The MKII was extremely hard to balance due to having an extremely complicated mechanic. Combine this with the bugginess of the whole thing, and you can see why we had to scrap it. It's awesome though, and still well worth the GP for it.

+Quote Post
Rafinius
post 27 Feb 2016, 23:19
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 12628

What were the thoughts behind the decision of making it a hovering drone instead of a veterancy-capable tank? Also, does the fact that it can hover mean that it can cross water now too? And lastly, how exactly were its base stats buffed? Like, actual numbers-wise I mean.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 28 Feb 2016, 1:28
Post #8

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Drones don't benefit from strategies (No SnD Enforcers), but they do auto-repair, benefit from drone armor, are not hijackable, and cannot be unmanned.

+Quote Post
Rafinius
post 28 Feb 2016, 15:48
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 12628

That wasn't what I was asking. I know how drones work. It's just that previously you wanted the Enforcer to be a manned tank and now it's a robot hovercraft. What lead to the decision to change that as well alongside with the removal of the Philadelphia Engine?

Also, you didn't answer the last question, except if it didn't actually get a buff to damage/armor/health ect.

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 28 Feb 2016, 17:17
Post #10

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (Rafinius @ 28 Feb 2016, 15:48) *
That wasn't what I was asking. I know how drones work. It's just that previously you wanted the Enforcer to be a manned tank and now it's a robot hovercraft. What lead to the decision to change that as well alongside with the removal of the Philadelphia Engine?

Also, you didn't answer the last question, except if it didn't actually get a buff to damage/armor/health ect.

Philadelphia removal is because it was bugged, and way too complicated to be used effectively. And it was repurposed as a drone because it fits SW General very well. And to compensate the loss of the Philadelphia engine, the Enforcer Mk3 is very fast and can cross water. It got also some of its attack stats buffed (can't remember if it's damage or range)

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 29 Feb 2016, 3:22
Post #11

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Rafinius @ 28 Feb 2016, 6:19) *
And lastly, how exactly were its base stats buffed? Like, actual numbers-wise I mean.

Fishing for exact info like that is "not allowed".

If the team wanted you to know those things, they would have posted them instead of the vague details in the news post.

You can check the stats yourself once the patch is released.

EDIT:
QUOTE (Rafinius @ 28 Feb 2016, 22:48) *

Actually he did give one reason:

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 28 Feb 2016, 8:28) *
Drones don't benefit from strategies (No SnD Enforcers)

This post has been edited by Zeke: 29 Feb 2016, 3:25

--------------------

+Quote Post
ULTRA Faff
post 14 Mar 2016, 18:34
Post #12

Shockwave & ROTR Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11315
DavidNeump

IMO, not so keen on this design. It just looks to errr retro for me (the big red eye thing...hmmm)

This post has been edited by MrThirsty247: 14 Mar 2016, 18:35

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 10:18