Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Need some strategy tips for single player
thefran
post 19 Jan 2017, 14:05
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14327

I've never played multiplayer, only completed all campaigns and several challenges on medium or hard in vanilla Generals and ZH.

Due to a combination of me being very rusty and the AI being (subjectively) improved, I get absolutely pummeled on Challenge mode. As China Nuke, I try to turtle a bit till I can get some nukes and overlords going, get a defense line of 3-4 Gattling tanks and a propaganda tower as I go north with a Desolator, 2 Gattlings and a Dozer to establish a second supply center, and then get rolled by a bunch of laser paladins and that damnable laser artillery. (Rocket soldiers don't help much obviously). Build order is reactor-racks (capture, 4 Red Guards, capture oil derricks and whatnot, then camp in a building)-prop tower-supply-war factory-2 supply trucks-gattlings and rad tanks-nuclear center-strategy center-dead.

As US Laser, I kinda expected to get an easy win against Granger before realising that I don't actually have good ground air defense. Sure, he doesn't get countermeasures against my lasers, but I build a half-circle of laser partriots as I desperately try to build a good tank wave, but avengers turn out to be very expensive and very cost inefficient, his raptors kill them easy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Frostyarmy
post 20 Jan 2017, 2:38
Post #2

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

A picture is worth 1000 words and videos will explain your struggles much better then your words will.

Ill give you advice based on what you said.

You shouldent be turtling you should be economically booming by securing as many supplies as you can early on. If you want to defend properly just send units next to your supply trucks / Dock , that is by far the best way to defend against any AI or Human against. It will do a better job then gatting towers that for sure. even a bunker is better. You should try to aim for a mass array of hackers at least +30 that way your job is as simple as spamming as many units as possible. If more detail is needed ill record a video of me vs any generals challenge you struggle the most with.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 4:36