Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Napalm for other planes?, I would like to add Napalm canisters to another plane
spookspook
post 20 Apr 2017, 6:44
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14366

Is it possible to give the napalm weapon from the Chinese Hellfire mig to another plane? I'm thinking of adding the F4 Phantom from the Cold War Crisis mod and having it drop the napalm canisters for my own personal mod. What steps would I have to do to give the weapon to the plane and would it involve W3D editing or could I just have it drop from the undersides? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you very much!

--------------------
Nowhere to run to, baby, nowhere to hide
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Chappi55
post 20 Apr 2017, 13:04
Post #2

Particle effects since 2004'
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9029

Not a mod specific answer but in order to create a plane that drops a bomb you should look into the aurora weapon and it's weaponobjects entry. Though to be honest the way bombs work with the aurora plane are kinda hacky as they have a locomotor from what I remember so they technically do not fall to the ground like you would expect it to do. In order to make it a bit more real just give your plane a weapon that spawns the bomb object via an OCL whenever the weapon is fired.
The napalm/fire part is just creating a fire field whenever the bomb dies (explodes) or attaching a new weapon to deal an initial fire damage upon explosion.

--------------------
Woo Particle effects!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 20:05