IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Last used unit, Lets find out!
What do you think is the least used unit is in the game?
You can only pick one but write on the thread on your thoughts
Pyro [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Repair Drone (Not the battledrone) [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Shmell Trooper [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Anvil bot (I think the AI Ignores this?) [ 5 ] ** [17.24%]
Fenris [ 11 ] ** [37.93%]
Partisian [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Unlockable unit (Please spesificy) [ 5 ] ** [17.24%]
Grizzly [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
(USA)Bruce
post 29 Jan 2018, 7:52
Post #1

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

If I had to guess its among these units;

Each have their reasons to exist on this list, Im just curious if theres any here Im unaware of,

Add in your thoughts if you have the time folks

Edit; I didn't add this to the list but the Oracle drone, the US scout unit...In my play style I don't use that drone at all and god knows it cant mind clear effectively, I use rocket pods.
But that's just me so I didn't add it to the list

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 29 Jan 2018, 8:02

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calvin
post 29 Jan 2018, 9:26
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12618

I suppose Fenris as i have never used it in a match as the strategy that usually follows with Pandora is to hunker down and blast with artillery and Superweapons and Fenris is somewhat awkward to fit in that kinda tactic, it's power to depilot units is great and all but then they may just get destroyed in the process of trying, all in all not sure how to use in a battle as shutting down things is outclassed with the ability to nuke an entire area and taking an entire Sentinel tank force or a Blackbear without spending too much buying units that are somewhat single use, on the other hand I suppose it's great in defensive situations as it doesn't destroy your own defences and you can take the units in an offensive army for your defense in desperate situations when your Pandora is down and can function as an upgraded toxin tractor since I think it's ice beam has splash damage with the ability to disable tanks.

This post has been edited by Calvin: 29 Jan 2018, 9:29

+Quote Post
Alpha Sinister
post 29 Jan 2018, 11:58
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 15518

The anvil bot, I can assure you the AI does use them. Only, the reason you don't often see them when the enemy ECA uses Manticore Protocol is because of a bug which makes units go crazy and attack things like GLA destroying their own scrambler station, that includes anvil bot. So yeah, they got destroyed in base before being deployed in the battlefield.

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 29 Jan 2018, 12:41
Post #4

Group Icon

Wait does the AI attack the anvil bot as intended or do they Ignore it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 29 Jan 2018, 14:22
Post #5

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

They dont ignore it. It works fine. It uses the same logic as golem tanks. Even smoke works, but only for a portion of their duration.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
M.P
post 29 Jan 2018, 20:18
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10559

Fenris due to it's known and derpy behavior.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 30 Jan 2018, 4:37
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

claymores, i constantly forget i have them unlocked even though im useing harriers from the same gp

--------------------

+Quote Post
rey
post 31 Jan 2018, 16:06
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 10315

i voted for Fenris, but only as it's the only unit i don't have role for ever. even it's driver killer ability is charging so long that often Fenris will be killed faster. thought Shmel, Anvil bot and Pyro are in somewhat similar position too.
Shmel has short range so he always runs forward of other infantry and dies momentarily. Pyro was always so-so and i use them only as filled Troop Crawler breach and fast burn the buildings. don't really like Anvil as it's kinda awkward to use, like a strange game "try to cover vehicles with those little fields and while moving not to break this coverage"

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 31 Jan 2018, 23:05
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

Pfft.

mortar tracks beat all of that atm.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 31 Jan 2018, 23:06

+Quote Post
M.P
post 31 Jan 2018, 23:27
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 10559

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 1 Feb 2018, 1:35) *
Pfft.

mortar tracks beat all of that atm.

Objection! I use(d) them in every game i play(ed) as ECA. They're wonderful.

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 31 Jan 2018, 23:37
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 13220

I think the Fenris is quite cool (pun intended), but having to unlock Battlefield Prototypes and then use the upgrade Pandora Protocol makes it a "I'll only use it if I'm in the mood for it" unit.

I was going to put Grizzly until Skitt mentioned the Claymore, I find them too clumsy to use especially when Mortar Tracks are fairly nimble for artillery. I also forget they are available when I unlock Harriers.

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 31 Jan 2018, 23:42
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (M.P @ 1 Feb 2018, 0:27) *
Objection! I use(d) them in every game i play(ed) as ECA. They're wonderful.

With 2.0 content - maybe, right now - their cost-efficiency is questionable. No, I don't think or propose that they need any further buffs as of now.

Fenrises, on the other hand, last time i encountered them, my 6-8 barracks red guard spam got completely denied by a few vehicles. People just dont bother with massive basic infantry spam atm, but it's a very cost-efficienct tactic to support your armor in lategame, and denying it to your opponent (what fenrises do best) means alot.

But then i have other candidate for that list -while being really good and powerful mechanic.

Seals.

Underused mostly because it requires more planning, better micro and APM in PvP than most current players are willing to put into the game. Seals are something you'll almost never see from low/medium skill players in pvp.

How Grizzlies, Shmels, Repair Drones, Partisans ended up on that list is a total mystery to me. (Pyros too, if China builds some bunkers). Guess it has smth to do with Bruce's playstyle.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 31 Jan 2018, 23:48

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 1 Feb 2018, 0:03
Post #13

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Member No.: 9941

Am gonna cheat a bit and do it per faction:

USA: Javelin team: useless if there are countermeasures. And if the opponent has fast units. Yeh, it's useless

China: Hard one. I use the pyros for defense in bunkers (1-2 pyros + 3-4 tank hunters). I actually can't find a useless unit for this faction.

GLA: Partisan. A sharpshooter that requires 3 shots to kill a worker. Its primary role is to detect stealth, OK, but pleaaase. This guy is less effective than a Star Wars Stormtrooper

Russia: Forgotten unit/concept is the Topol, along with the Missile Silo. Since they got limited in numbers, they become less and less appealing (balance reasons, but still...). Can at most kill a war factory (1.5k for the missiles, woooo efficiency...)

ECA: Claymore I'd say. For the same reasons given by previous comments

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 1 Feb 2018, 2:49
Post #14

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

Unlockable units.
i dont like spending an GP to unlock certain units, i prefer to purchase an expensive upgrade to unlock certain units than spending an vital GP.

i like the fenris it can kill esasily infantry soldiers, should clears garrisons

This post has been edited by ZunZero97: 1 Feb 2018, 2:55

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 1 Feb 2018, 8:20
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

If one was to lock good grammar behind an upgrade, would you start using it? 8I.png

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 1 Feb 2018, 11:07
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 1 Feb 2018, 1:42) *
With 2.0 content - maybe, right now - their cost-efficiency is questionable. No, I don't think or propose that they need any further buffs as of now.

Fenrises, on the other hand, last time i encountered them, my 6-8 barracks red guard spam got completely denied by a few vehicles. People just dont bother with massive basic infantry spam atm, but it's a very cost-efficienct tactic to support your armor in lategame, and denying it to your opponent (what fenrises do best) means alot.

But then i have other candidate for that list -while being really good and powerful mechanic.

Seals.

Underused mostly because it requires more planning, better micro and APM in PvP than most current players are willing to put into the game. Seals are something you'll almost never see from low/medium skill players in pvp.

How Grizzlies, Shmels, Repair Drones, Partisans ended up on that list is a total mystery to me. (Pyros too, if China builds some bunkers). Guess it has smth to do with Bruce's playstyle.

Mortar tracks should've been on this list, thankfully the upcoming LG made them beasts on their own accord.
Thing is that the Infantry spam you've mentioned can be done, even better by bloodhounds.See If a fenris attacks a tank it'll freeze/disable it but its a single target thing.
If you have bloodhounds even attacking tanks then they'll barely do any damage but the aoe anti infantry will still be a thing

Seals are underused but you explained the reasons yourself,

As for pyros;
They are an early game garrison clearer that get irrelevant due to dragon tanks,
Late game they overkill/burst alot and dont have alot of functions out on the open that you cant do with other units, say minigunners or just plain old red guards

Grizzeys are not that often used these days, I see people using bmps or tesla tanks oddly enough....

Repair drone is something I never see unless the players going for a guardian drone opening or/+ drone heavy play style.Your the only one I see bothering with that tiny aoe heal for paladin formations and PDL.
Partisians are outdone/outclassed by 200 dollar radar vans that take atleast 3-4 gunship missles to kill
I dont see a single reason to prefer partisians compared to radar vans

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scud
post 3 Feb 2018, 20:46
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 11600

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 31 Jan 2018, 20:03) *
Am gonna cheat a bit and do it per faction:

Russia: Forgotten unit/concept is the Topol, along with the Missile Silo. Since they got limited in numbers, they become less and less appealing (balance reasons, but still...). Can at most kill a war factory (1.5k for the missiles, woooo efficiency...)

ECA: Claymore I'd say. For the same reasons given by previous comments

Almost everyone knows why Topols/Silos missile were nerfed, they were complete unbalanced considering how much punishment Russia vehicles can already old and deliver (the MSTA is probabily one of the best artillery units in game too) even against ECA, with the latest realease of the Blackbear (a.k.a Giant Base Eradication Dildo) it's kinda pointless to build those. Just try to reach lv 5, then you have Blackbear, FOABs and those almost impossible to take down by defenses missile strike wich you can use sooner to reach lv 5. Do you really need more?

Now, about Claymores, I really feel sorry for this unit, is almost useless when you need to pay 2500$ for a massive artllery unit that has paper armor, and is slow as f*** (like most ECA units I know) who like to get in the f**ing way of others units most of the time because pathfinding issues. Why would you even bother to build a mobile howitzeer if you know that it wont survive his way to the front line (at least near enough of the enemy base) with obviously exception that your enemy is so noob that you bother to build this thing just to laugh in his face. Most serious ECA PvP player like Mizo would just build some howitzer position near their second eco (almost in firing range of the enemy base), at least howitzer could stand a lot of punishment, the only good thing about Claymores is their faster reload time 105000 vs 12000 wich I don't really know if it's affected by veteranancy level. It really is unit that (when you play a standar game with a $10000 start) could cost you the game.

--------------------
AzizAmbush to Bruce: "No, you take the oil, you're America"

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 3 Feb 2018, 21:30
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (Scud @ 3 Feb 2018, 21:46) *
-claymore stuff-

>what's a 4+ VA claymore spam
>what's wotan coverage
>what's having 8-10 claymores on one key and stopping after each shot

This post has been edited by Hanfield: 3 Feb 2018, 21:30

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Scud
post 7 Feb 2018, 3:56
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 11600

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 3 Feb 2018, 17:30) *
Casual gameplay

--------------------
AzizAmbush to Bruce: "No, you take the oil, you're America"

+Quote Post
H3adSh00t
post 7 Feb 2018, 11:05
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 9224

Do people actually use the mercenaries? They're really powerful as I have seen in the fan made campaign. Especially the Grenadiers.
The Gunners own infantry and light vehicles while in the prone mode.

This post has been edited by H3adSh00t: 7 Feb 2018, 11:07

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 7 Feb 2018, 13:47
Post #21

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (H3adSh00t @ 7 Feb 2018, 11:05) *
Do people actually use the mercenaries? They're really powerful as I have seen in the fan made campaign. Especially the Grenadiers.
The Gunners own infantry and light vehicles while in the prone mode.

Mercs have been reworked in the latest beta. They are a bit more expensive, but trained very quickly. This may increase their popularity. I personally love them now smile.gif

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Jakato
post 7 Feb 2018, 14:33
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 16473

Attached File  RotR_Claymore_Meme.png ( 272.53K ) Number of downloads: 18

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 7 Feb 2018, 14:35
Post #23

Group Icon

Claymores sound more like something that helped Mizo keep Knjaz' SLate China at bay ;V

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Jakato
post 8 Feb 2018, 15:10
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 16473

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 3 Feb 2018, 22:30) *
>what's a 4+ VA claymore spam
>what's wotan coverage
>what's having 8-10 claymores on one key and stopping after each shot

I tried the "fire just one shot" trick. Too much micro for too little damage, I think.

I think a good word for the Claymore is "disappointing". It looks like the Overlord of artillery. You expect this amazing barrage out of your $2500 unit after waiting 3 minutes or whatever for it to reload but nope.

I do get why the Claymore is the way it is. If you make the Claymore too powerful a group of Claymores suddenly becomes like a mobile Tremor AGAS that doesn't reveal itself until it fires (and reloads faster than a Tremor AGAS).

+Quote Post
H3adSh00t
post 12 Feb 2018, 11:07
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 9224

It's sole purpose is eye candy and to make pretty bases.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 16:00