Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ship capturing and collision damage
Casojin
post 18 Jul 2011, 7:58
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 222

When PtV implemented the ship collision damage, I quite like it (as it makes the game more realistic). However, often times I found it to be irritating, especially when I tried to capture enemy ships. I'm not sure whether there is a way to fix it without removing the collision script.

Here are what I found regarding capturing and collision.

- Needleship and Avatar are very hard to capture with Outlaw (I have to use Thief instead) as they rammed into an invisible ship boundary when locking onto those ships
- AI seems to be using Infiltrator Frigate very effectively while human seems to have problem using it against AI (they would roll the ship around and my Infiltrator Frigate would fail to lock on them)
- Any boarding vessel that needs to attach itself on enemy ship hull often blows itself up
- A collision with cloaked vessel is deadly (my frigates rammed into a cloaked Hiigaran cruiser and were blown to pieces)

Maybe a way to fix this collision capturing is to reduce the capture frigate collision boundary (since the problem seems to associate itself with frigate more than corvette).

--------------------
CASOJIN

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Casojin
post 27 Jul 2011, 16:08
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 222

Also, AI pathfinding is another problem too. Sometimes, the capture frigate wanted to attach itself on the other side but it ran through the target ship instead of going around.

--------------------
CASOJIN

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 2:07