Post #1

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

RISE OF THE REDS UPDATE #40
Long time no see!

Welcome to our first 2010 update, we hope everyone has had a great holiday season and hope you have a great year! Now I know what you must all be thinking because it's common to hear this once you haven't updated in a mere 2 months. "Your dead!" "It's over!" "WEN?" well, I assure you we're out of our comfy little vacation and we're hauling ass like before. To confirm this we're here to show you a big update which contains some new units from the ECA, one of our major goals to finish in the following months. Plus we have a few surprises for you below so let's have a look shall we?

Renders
First up our renders:

ECA A400m Transport

A rare sight in the European War it is unknown how many of these aircraft still remain or where they are deployed from. They are the primary targets of hotshot Russian Berkut aces that hound for these aircraft restlessly hoping to not only score a kill from one of the supposedly few remaining A400ms but also hoping to doing extended damage to European forces by destroying whatever it is transporting along with it.

Lynx Combat Personnel Carrier

The European Lynx APC is the workhorse of ECA`s infantry division. Despite its outlandish design, it’s very reliable and offers the best possible protection for the troops inside something essential in Europe`s terrain where ECA supply lines and reinforcements are prone to be ambushed by Russian gunships. The Lynx brigades had suffered heavy losses in the battlefield against the heavy shelling and armour piercing weaponry deployed by the Russian Army. As a cheap modification, armour skirts were installed on the sides to allow for greater protection against incoming projectiles. Although the plating isn't the best the ECA has to offer, it is the cheapest and ensures the Lynx APC can continue to serve as an inexpensive infantry carrier of the ECA.

Vulcan Strategic Long Range Bomber

Following the amalgation of the European Military strike forces within the ECA, endeavours were made to make the army less dependent off the USA in all aspects of modern warfare. Primarily, the lackluster airforce division had some gaping holes within it's tactical and strategic arsenal. The Russian Tupolev and american B2 and B1B strategic bombers were unsurpassed and there was nothing from within the European mainland worth a comparison. Matching these titans proved to be a daunting yet not unrewarding task.
An evolution of an early British Cold War pearl was uncovered and found to be more than suitable. This Delta Wing aircraft was mounted with modern aviation and military technology. The aerodynamic design barely needed any modification to fit the standards of modern precision bombing. The pioneering AVRO Vulcan bomber appeared to be a timeless design suitable for modern tactical and strategic needs, and Russian commanders have felt their grasp on the European skies challenged by the speed, maneuvarebility and tactical success of this new enemy asset. When battling with ECA Generals, the Vulcan bomber will be the harbringer of your destructive General's powers.

T80R Experimental Battle Tank

The Russian T80R Kodiak carries an experimental rail gun and it is the pride of General Aleksandr because it has made the Russian Federation the first nation to properly field rail guns in large scale warfare. Rail guns use magnetic rails to fire solid chunks of matter at hypersonic speed. Although rail guns are very powerful they have been known for suffering of a sharp loss of accuracy at extreme ranges. Aleksandr is currently experiment with different kinds of ammo but it is currently using an uranium charge that consists of two components: a shell of titanium and a core of uranium atoms suspended in plasma state. The T80R fires this powerful slug rapidly and efficiently being capable of piercing any armor.

Werewolf Assault Helicopter

The Werewolf lives up to its name. It is a deadly, agile and a savage predator. It fires its missiles at the juiciest prey and then lays down a rain of high caliber lead across the field massacring enemy infantry and just as it gracefully advances, it backs away when satisfied, disappearing into the night.

Blackhawk Transport Helicopter

The American Blackhawk has operated in many scenarios all over the globe and has proven time and time again it is an excellent transport helicopter. Not only can it sweep the landing zone clean it can also lay down a barrage of covering fire for its passengers. The Blackhawk tactical transport helicopter is the army's unrequited quintessence of infantry insertion deep into enemy territory. During the war on the GLA, the multifunctional Chinook helicopters had been used to this same end. However this unarmed and expensive helicopter sustained heavy losses to enemy RPGs and Stingers. With the Osprey being impractical due to the fact that it, too, is unarmed, the Blackhawk was uncovered and reassigned to the army of General Thorn to guarantee enemy inquietude. It mounts an anti infantry minigun and arrives with eight rangers ready for aerial insertion.

V-22 Osprey Transport Helicopter

TThe United States Airforce had long been looking for a replacement for the aged but functional Chinook Helicopters. It's long service record indicates how difficult it had been to find the right helicopter to replace the ninety year old workhorse of the Airforce. The Osprey program had been running for a considerable time now and the fruits it yielded were ready to be harvested. With mobility growing increasingly important in warfare against distanced foes across the globe, the CH-47's limits were becoming apparent. As a hybrid plane combining the virtues of both the C-130 transport aircrafts and VTOL heavy lift helicopters, the V-22 Osprey finally met its true potential and was found ready for widespread active service. It will be replacing the honoured chinook helicopters in supply and troop transport duties.

Posters
Now onto some gift's if you will. Below we have printable 18x24 inch Tech tree posters for the 3 factions in 1.5. If you wish to download them, clink on the link below biggrin.gif

Fan Art
Just recently I bumped into a fellow deviant art member and stumbled upon his marvelous work only to be greeted by the following fantastic fan art ImperialGerar.
Check out his fan art of the Russian Shock Trooper below!

Check out his other works as well, there's something in there for everyone!

ModDB 2009
It's that time of the year again and we'd like your support! Please vote for us for the 2009 Mod of the Year Awards below, best of luck to all participants and remember, it's not just one mod you can vote for so vote for all your favorites!

And thats all we have folks, we hope you have enjoyed this update and we'll see you next time for our upcoming updates concerning the ECA and GLA.

~ Until next time!

Comr4de for
SWR Productions 2010

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shock
post 2 Jan 2010, 1:58
Post #2

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17

Cool fan art ohmy.gif hadn't seen that one before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NaiseFail
post 2 Jan 2010, 2:16
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 400

Love the Vulcan, will it be build-able?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 2 Jan 2010, 2:18
Post #4

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

*jaw drops*
My prayers have been answered biggrin.gif

Fab update!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 2 Jan 2010, 2:46
Post #5

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

Work of epic proportions. I can see the updated models as well. I'll be looking forward to seeing Vulcans flying behind my American defense lines to the enemy and not enemy Vulcans falling down onto me instead I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 2 Jan 2010, 2:54
Post #6

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Quite interestingly, I own a part of the last remaining Vulcan bomber biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NaiseFail @ 1 Jan 2010, 23:16) *
Love the Vulcan, will it be build-able?

It says in the post that it delivers destructive General's Powers

This post has been edited by Pickysaurus: 2 Jan 2010, 2:57

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 2 Jan 2010, 2:56
Post #7

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

It's cockpit? I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edsato82
post 2 Jan 2010, 3:12
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 142

WOW WOW, This is beautiful

--------------------

+Quote Post
Сергеј Иванович
post 2 Jan 2010, 3:35
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 54
Poor fan

Render of Vulcan bomber looks great and 'Shock trooper Concept' Fan Art is absolutely astonishing...
Overall another great update mates.... d=(happy.gif)=b thumbs up for vote.....

Edit:
But shouldn't those tech cards be downloadable?

This post has been edited by Сергеј Иванович: 2 Jan 2010, 3:44

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 2 Jan 2010, 3:45
Post #10

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

They are, check the download link below them =o

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Сергеј Иванович
post 2 Jan 2010, 3:51
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 54
Poor fan

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 2 Jan 2010, 0:45) *
They are, check the download link below them =o

oh sorry,i thought it was linked to photobucket or imageshack... that's how i download pics XDDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 2 Jan 2010, 4:07
Post #12

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Nice update.I like Russia's railgun tank.

Can't wait for the GLA update!

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlitzGeneral
post 2 Jan 2010, 4:19
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 146

I just KNEW the Vulcan would be added one day.

EPIC UPDATE GUYS!

EDIT: If possible, can I ask what sets the Vulcan apart from the other bombers we've seen in action?

This post has been edited by BlitzGeneral: 2 Jan 2010, 4:24

+Quote Post
Balizk
post 2 Jan 2010, 4:28
Post #14

lolnzonator
Group Icon

Member No.: 139

I was expectating this update mindfuck.gif

+Quote Post
NaiseFail
post 2 Jan 2010, 5:03
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 400

QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 1 Jan 2010, 17:54) *
Quite interestingly, I own a part of the last remaining Vulcan bomber biggrin.gif

It says in the post that it delivers destructive General's Powers

I could swear it didn't say that before? Oh well, I suppose it's to big to be build-able anyways. =/

--------------------

+Quote Post
mbob61
post 2 Jan 2010, 6:12
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 43

Vulcan looks very nice indeed.
However, unless you have the trailer working on the Lynx, i suspect it will look strange in game.

Mike

--------------------
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs

+Quote Post
Papaya Master Ra...
post 2 Jan 2010, 6:21
Post #17

Forum Volcanologist
Group Icon

Member No.: 57
Volcano Researcher

Finally after weeks and weeks of waiting for this update my questions have been finally answered. And as always your updates are just priceless. Thank you for the update and keep up the good work SWR team. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 2 Jan 2010, 6:47
Post #18

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (mbob61 @ 2 Jan 2010, 10:12) *
Vulcan looks very nice indeed.
However, unless you have the trailer working on the Lynx, i suspect it will look strange in game.

Mike

Do you know who you are talking to? THIS IS THE SWR /Fanboy

having said that, tis update is very well done, and as most people have said already, I can't wait for what your gonna do to the GLA. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wb21
post 2 Jan 2010, 6:54
Post #19

Товарищ
Group Icon

Member No.: 175
ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

FINALLY!

Like a besieged army finally relieved by reinforcements, the updates have ultimately arrived...

*out of words tongue.gif *

Can't wait for the GLA update though, it's nearly two years since the last one...

This post has been edited by D' WRTHBRNGR: 2 Jan 2010, 6:59

--------------------

"Not in mood...go away..."
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."

Bringing wrath to a forum near you since 2009!

+Quote Post
Raven
post 2 Jan 2010, 7:21
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

Finally!!! And you guys does not dissapoint!!! Awesome fellas. The vulcan is a good addition i guess although im not a fan of the real life Vulcan's looks. Still its nice to have it in-game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ultimentra
post 2 Jan 2010, 8:06
Post #21

^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Very nice stuff, really liking the rail gun tank and the new ECA stuff. I can't wait to play this mod at its fullest potential!

--------------------

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 2 Jan 2010, 9:29
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96

Is the APC just the plain-old Lynx receiving a visual upgrade? or is this the one that is exclusive to General Wolfgang?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 2 Jan 2010, 10:25
Post #23

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Yup Wolfgang exclusive, whether or not we make it an upgrade or a new unit depends on the execution, seeing as its more or less the same to do it either way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dutchygamer
post 2 Jan 2010, 13:26
Post #24

Frontline Chaos mod leader and creator
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 25
Projects: ROTR Tester
Host of

Great update guys. It looks really good smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 2 Jan 2010, 16:16
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

What an awesome update loving the A400 and the Vulcan

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 6:57