post 8 Jan 2012, 13:50
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Hello everyone,
It's been a long time you heard from us but we're going to break the long silence for abit now.
First of all i'd like to apologize for the lack of updates but do know that this was not without reason.
Most of us used to be colleage students durring the time we were booming with activity and well times changes.
Some of us have fulltime jobs now or are in the process of getting employed full time.
This basicly leaves very little time for hobbies and other things and modding isn't very high on the priority list when we have other day to day things to take care of.
That beeing said however doesn't mean we will abandon this project but it simply means we will not be able to post updates as frequently as we used to do.

Now that we got that out of the way enjoy our little media update/teaser:

General Thorn, the latest data from reconnaissance indicates there's insurgent activity across the border in Sudan.
I suggest a pincer attack coordinated by Alpha and Bravo teams as it was originally planned for the region.
We're ready to roll sir, just give us the order.

Bad news, General. The insurgents appear to have left the field.
Something must have alerted them of the operation. However we managed to find them again in a small ravine 150 clicks southeast to their previous location.
They clearly don't want a fight.
Do we have any Predators on standby?

General, we've been advised to make those trucks our priority target. They act as mobile command centers.
Enemy commanders have also been confirmed to operate inside those trucks.
Once these trucks have dug in, they function as well as one of their standard command centers.
Let's hit them where it hurts this time!

Untill next time smile.gif
-SWR Productions

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 8 Jan 2012, 16:39
Post #2

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1107

Nice, so this replaces the normal command center for the GLA or is it a mobile version that can be used as well? Also is that a Tunnel model overhaul in here?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 Jan 2012, 16:44
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

The Command Truck replaces the Command Center almost entirely in its function. Feel free to draw conclusions from that as well as the different tunnels shown in those pictures.

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 8 Jan 2012, 16:54
Post #4

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

Oh my. This is certainly a direction I never excepted, I knew that there was plans for the GLA in place but by the looks of those different tunnels I think they've been completely overhauled

By the looks of things I think we're looking at a Barracks or Arms Dealer tunnel in the first image and some kind of radar and supply tunnels in the second.

I assume this means that GLA will be losing the Tunnel Network building and replacing it with tunnels in all/most of their structures?

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 8 Jan 2012, 16:58
Post #5

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (Darkfire Angel @ 8 Jan 2012, 15:54) *
Oh my. This is certainly a direction I never excepted, I knew that there was plans for the GLA in place but by the looks of those different tunnels I think they've been completely overhauled

By the looks of things I think we're looking at a Barracks or Arms Dealer tunnel in the first image and some kind of radar and supply tunnels in the second.

I assume this means that GLA will be losing the Tunnel Network building and replacing it with tunnels in all/most of their structures?

I think there's just cosmetic (i.e. newly 'produced' units come out from the tunnels) unless it is possible to have seperate networks for a faction (one for the new 'arms dealder' and one for the new 'barracks').

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 8 Jan 2012, 17:04
Post #6

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Darkfire Angel @ 8 Jan 2012, 9:54) *

I8.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
UltimateAero
post 8 Jan 2012, 17:18
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 8858

OOOOOHHH! new toys to play with!

I was really surprised to see RotR had an update on modb when I woke up this morning, I wasn't expecting anything until February.
Thanks Guys!

+Quote Post
Jester
post 8 Jan 2012, 17:27
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Looking really awesome will we see any ECA stuff like the last update said? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 8 Jan 2012, 17:31
Post #9

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Heh, this looks pretty neat (though the idea for a mobile Command Center for the GLA isn't new tongue.gif).

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 Jan 2012, 17:33
Post #10

Group Icon

It is, within the context of the new GLA building system. This isn't just a mobile command center that you can build in addition to the regular stationary one. The new GLA will be nothing like the one you all know.

+Quote Post
Massey
post 8 Jan 2012, 17:48
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

before i make any remakrs about the update... i need to sit and look over them a little more but, let me say 2 things

1) oh ya that the stuff.... i got my fix
and
2) did u get the idea for the pic's from a vidoe.....

8chi.png Massey

This post has been edited by Massey: 8 Jan 2012, 17:49

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
Jester
post 8 Jan 2012, 17:56
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Is this it for a while now then or can we expect something else? I dont want to sound bad or anything im just wondering smile.gif

+Quote Post
Massey
post 8 Jan 2012, 18:00
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jester @ 9 Jan 2012, 2:56) *
Is this it for a while now then or can we expect something else? I dont want to sound bad or anything im just wondering smile.gif

its a nice little update but given that Comr4de said "woo our minds" or something, i also was expecting a little more.
BUT
I am happy for now.

8chi.png Massey

This post has been edited by Massey: 8 Jan 2012, 18:01

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 Jan 2012, 18:02
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jester @ 8 Jan 2012, 17:56) *

Can't tell, remember; update schedules aren't my business but what I can tell you is that we've been working on GLA and ECA content for a few weeks now and we're still on it.

+Quote Post
Claine
post 8 Jan 2012, 18:06
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 8902

this is great!! i never expect something awesome like this idea, laugh.gif hope ECA next love you SWR team wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 8 Jan 2012, 18:12
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Nice and neat little update/teaser there. I think I have seen similar ideas like the mobile command center in one or two other mods... I wonder what kinda unique functions this one will have. Gotta say those tunnels interest me far more! Great job overall! But I'll be lying if I don't admit it would make me happier to see those two blacked out silhouettes in Mod DB getting revealed.

BTW just an update from me - my fucken mind is still entirely intact. smile.gif

edit - after reading the update again - the "Do we have any Predators on standby?" line made my interest tweak. Is there a chance the predators are gonna become independent units?

This post has been edited by SpiralSpectre: 8 Jan 2012, 18:21

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 8 Jan 2012, 18:21
Post #17

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

This isnt exactly the MIND BLOWN moment spoken of, this is just apetizers.

I am of course speaking of what MARS has spoken of; ECA and GLA content being pumped out -- AT THE SAME TIME. Sure we're doing this behind the scenes - shits getting done and you will see the fruits of our labor in due time.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 8 Jan 2012, 18:53
Post #18

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

Predators? Just use a Spectre 8I.gif

Also, real nice to finally see updates again. Truck looks a lot better than Contra's TROLOLOL nice, reminds me of CoH I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 8 Jan 2012, 19:31
Post #19

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Zeke @ 8 Jan 2012, 20:53) *
nice, reminds me of CoH I8.gif

This was indeed my main source of inspiration.
The british mobile Factories/Outposts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Massey
post 8 Jan 2012, 21:10
Post #20

Group Icon

Now i have had sometime to look at it, I will say: This looks more like a Terrorist on the move then the GLA of the past. The old GLA were/was more of a (in my point of view) state-backed Terrorist group. I like how the SWR team is moving way the old GLA and more (again in my point of view) like a Terrorist group should be, and on that note...

I love the idea of a mobile HQ. it just hits a key with me. GLA = mobile, as it should be.
what is the benefit of setting up the HQ? EG: hit points? Do u have to set up to spawn workers? A radar when set up? only get Generals powers when setup or the time for General point only refeshs or counts down to next use only if the HQ setup? Maybe even a place for ur workes to drop cash boxes?

Now those caves...
if they work the way i think they work then I also love the idea's. "hide out's" for unit to spawn. Thats a realy cool idea. I tip my hat to who ever come up with it.
That flag.... is it going to be GLA flag or sub flag?
Also on the note of flags.... Will the ECA get a EU flag?

Also that stinger site.... Given that Hunter said something about them a little bit back, I think it was "they have change but still shoot both air and ground targets" but that damn glow makes it too hard to see what they are now. But what i can tell they look a little bit like 3missles close together. Is there any chance of info.

I must say this update is a nice way to show the amount of work that you guys have been doing behide the scenes. Also the update of GLA renews my believes that EA or BioWare should hire u guys for Gen2.

8chi.png Massey

This post has been edited by Massey: 8 Jan 2012, 21:18

--------------------

+Quote Post
Evan
post 9 Jan 2012, 0:34
Post #21

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

I believe I have this figured out. "we managed to find them again in a small ravine 150 clicks southeast to their previous location" so these tunnels can be moved. Packed up or filled in, then opened again in another location. I like this idea (:

--------------------

+Quote Post
wb21
post 9 Jan 2012, 9:18
Post #22

Товарищ
Group Icon

Member No.: 175
ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

Nice teaser update, looking forward to the further developments. happy.gif

--------------------

"Not in mood...go away..."
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."

Bringing wrath to a forum near you since 2009!

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 9 Jan 2012, 11:14
Post #23

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Finally! I was so bushed today then I saw this then I8.gif 8I.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 9 Jan 2012, 11:20
Post #24

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Those who frequent these forums will know I'm ECA through and through, but this has increased my interest in the GLA.

I was playing as Stealth General on Shw and thought to myself "how can I mean a sneaky terrorist when 90% of my important structure has the be static?" Especially against the AI because their recon units automatically head to your CC via path finding. The idea you can much easily "up sticks" and relocate one the Russian steamroller has you in its sights is awesome!

A quick question, if China still have Satellite Hack 1 (boring name) will it be able to reveal deployed command trucks as well as static CCs?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dimension 52
post 9 Jan 2012, 12:51
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 8894

Seeing how mobile the GLA are looking, will they get a unit for mobile defense? Like a tick tank?
Maybe like a heavy looking technical that can't transport, which when set up sets up sandbags around the truck and stinger soldiers deploy?
Basically a mobile stinger site

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 15:54