Overdose
post 4 Jul 2009, 7:23
Post #1

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

We hope you enjoyed the story. This will be a series you can look forward to every two updates from now on. This short novel should answer some of your questions about the African War.

We also have some renders for you. How about we have a look?

American Cobra

The Cobra is the most agile helicopter in service. Excellent for scouting, ambushing and harassment, these birds of prey are capable of being a serious threat in high enough numbers. Though they already have a powerful mini gun by default they can be upgraded with rocket pods making them even more deadly. The Cobra is exclusive to General Griffon replacing the Littlebird.

Chinese Battlemaster

The Battle Master tank has served the People’s Republic of China for over 30 years now and its presence in the battlefield is almost symbolic. This newest variant in use by the People's Liberation Army of this aging tank already comes with reactive armor and now benefits from improved nuclear upgrades.

Chinese Gatling Tank

The Gatling Tank has changed inside as much it has changed outside. Firing now is also completely automated, no longer requiring a gunner for the Gatling Tank to operate. Despite over 95% of the parts have been modernized, it still uses the same tried and true ammunition. The Gatling Tank of the new age has yet to see actual combat.

This concludes our update. A notice to the fans: The Video Feed will be recorded this weekend so you can look forward to it next week. If you have questions about the lore of Rise of Reds don't be shy to ask. Your very questions may become focal points of stories and updates in the future. We hope you enjoyed our update. We also have a special message to our American fans and team members: Happy 4th of July! This is the SWR Team signing off.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 4 Jul 2009, 7:37
Post #2

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

Awesome new update. I8.gif

By the way, The Cobra will be release1.5 or after 2.0?

This post has been edited by MR.Kim: 4 Jul 2009, 7:37

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 4 Jul 2009, 7:40
Post #3

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Wait and see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 4 Jul 2009, 8:09
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Heh ... i was right about the cobra. To bad it will only replace the LB only for Griffon. Cool stuff smile.gif btw . But the BM and gattling don't have much to offer. The bm, except for that ERA addition, looks the same. It might have been simbolic in ZH, but the chinese have already developed some really bad ass mbt's, that make the bm look like a gla scorpion. And the MG on top of the turret - well that looks really bad, especially the skin. The gatt tank only has a new weapon design ( wich is cool btw ), but the rest is once again the same. Sorry, but i was really expecting a bit more than 2 armor plates and a redesigned gattling cannon.
Anubis out.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 4 Jul 2009, 8:15

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 4 Jul 2009, 8:30
Post #5

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Anubis @ 4 Jul 2009, 6:09) *
Heh ... i was right about the cobra. To bad it will only replace the LB only for Griffon. Cool stuff smile.gif btw . But the BM and gattling don't have much to offer. The bm, except for that ERA addition, looks the same. It might have been simbolic in ZH, but the chinese have already developed some really bad ass mbt's, that make the bm look like a gla scorpion. And the MG on top of the turret - well that looks really bad, especially the skin. The gatt tank only has a new weapon design ( wich is cool btw ), but the rest is once again the same. Sorry, but i was really expecting a bit more than 2 armor plates and a redesigned gattling cannon.
Anubis out.

As he said.

+Quote Post
Admiral FCS
post 4 Jul 2009, 8:42
Post #6

Anime Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

Well, my internet came online just at the right time.

All of those looks awesome, though I'm having difficulties reading the handwritings on the diary.

EDIT: On second thought, the BM could use some more modernization, but the Gat Tank looks real nice.

This post has been edited by Admiral FCS: 4 Jul 2009, 8:45

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 4 Jul 2009, 8:59
Post #7

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

yea!!,more updates!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommanderJB
post 4 Jul 2009, 9:37
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Projects: ROTR Dev Team

The presentation values for the lore are just astonishing, as is the writing itself. Hats off to Comrade and OD for one of the best updates this mod has yet seen.
As for the units itself, you'll certainly soon come to love the Cobra if you're playing USA - and hate these little devils if you're playing against them! And I would stress that with regards to the Gatling Tank and Battlemaster that Rise of the Reds is an enhancement modification, not a conversion. To redesign them would be to remove key aspects of Zero Hour, which is emphatically not what Rise of the Reds is about. You know they're the same units as before and given that to heavily modify or replace the units and then leave their stats unchanged in-game would be daft and misleading, the extra visual refinements for eye candy should be all that you really need.

This post has been edited by CommanderJB: 4 Jul 2009, 9:37

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 4 Jul 2009, 9:58
Post #9

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

I can only agree with the above post, we've kept the iconic units and updated the models for certain units. A total revamp isn't exactly needed as this is not a total conversion mod.

Also in regards of the Cobra you can expect it for 1.5 smile.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 4 Jul 2009, 10:15
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96

I hope that this means that we get a GLA update soon, explaining why Russia took such a beating from the good ol' GLA.

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 4 Jul 2009, 10:26

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 4 Jul 2009, 11:31
Post #11

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

Damn, the story was very, very entertaining. That part where the Conscripts get sniped off was kinda nostalgic...also, nice Cobra I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 4 Jul 2009, 11:59
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

The diary is sweet i also like the mi 26 landing with all the other choppers guarding it thats a great picture did you have to photoshop it or you just come across it?
Anyway i cant wait to use the cobra!!!! you can start running to the hills when ever you like now >:)

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 4 Jul 2009, 12:07
Post #13

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

QUOTE (Destiny @ 4 Jul 2009, 2:31) *
Damn, the story was very, very entertaining. That part where the Conscripts get sniped off was kinda nostalgic...also, nice Cobra I8.gif

Nostalgic, what kind of things have you seen before : o?

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Dutchygamer
post 4 Jul 2009, 12:22
Post #14

Frontline Chaos mod leader and creator
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 25
Projects: ROTR Tester
Host of

Damn good story guys wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 4 Jul 2009, 12:28
Post #15

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 4 Jul 2009, 16:07) *
Nostalgic, what kind of things have you seen before : o?

Like getting shut out of a safe/room intentionally just as a horde's about to come, getting your convoy ambushed and trying to compress everyone together, trying to huddle behind friendly tanks from that camping sniper on the ridge, microing your pilot from the other side of the map back to your base alive etc.

I hope more stories will be to come.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ka1000
post 4 Jul 2009, 14:20
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 61
heehoohaa

hunter, why don't you force two-sided in your renders? 8I.gif it makes certain areas look a bit odd, specifically the underside of the battlemasters turret and certain details that are single-faced like the small cylinder wrapped around the barrel.

apart from that, i really like the Gatling tank's new design.

the chopper's cockpit however seems a bit boxy though that's really just a minor ting.

lastly, brilliant job on the story sheets. this is what distinguishes you from most other mods: a solid story plus enough visual effort to make it reality.

--------------------
P

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 4 Jul 2009, 14:22
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Iconic ? tongue.gif What makes the BM iconic, and the crusader not iconic. Anyway, even if you kept the overall design, things like that mg on top of the BM really need a new design. A improved design wouldn't kill the iconicness tongue.gif of the BM ( look at the raptor for ex ). I'm just pointing out, that bouth the gatt and the BM have recived verry verry little visual improvements, and imo there was room for a little more. But hey ... it's not my mod, so take it just as an outside opinion.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 4 Jul 2009, 14:40
Post #18

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

I think all the renders are good smile.gif
And the diary is awesome!
This could be a per-mission cut scene in the ROTR Campaign tongue.gif

One thing I would say about the Cobra, it looks like a Comanche that's been squashed in at the sides. Meaning it's very thin, especially below the cockpit area.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 4 Jul 2009, 14:53
Post #19

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

Great story, very atmospheric. And great layout.
I'm also interested in seeing the Cobra in action.are those AA rockets on the winglets?

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 4 Jul 2009, 15:01
Post #20

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

QUOTE (Darkfire Angel @ 4 Jul 2009, 5:53) *
Great story, very atmospheric. And great layout.
I'm also interested in seeing the Cobra in action.are those AA rockets on the winglets?

Indeed they are. Main reason we decided to use the Cobra was mainly due to it's long standing career in the military and at the same time give more variety to the US arsenal with the capability of being one of the few Helicopters that can shoot at other air units effectively.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 4 Jul 2009, 15:06
Post #21

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

I like all the new models, even when they are just little touch ups of the models(actually the front of the chassis of the Battlemaster looks different to the normal one) tongue.gif but the cobra is just awesome

IIRC the battlemaster look a lot better with the nuclear upgrades in the last screenshots the team posted, so if your guys think its kinda not very different is because that is the basic version(but i think the machinegun could have been upgrade a little or changed for something more eyecandy)

btw the red star on the front of the gattling tank is inverted, isnt it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pav3d
post 4 Jul 2009, 15:32
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 230

The Cobra looks great and easily my fave unit from this update.

The BM is a bit of a let down tho, You guys couldave at least fixed up the mg on the bm, since the ECA mg's look 100 times better, same with the 4 sided barrel, couldave easily be remade to be more detailed. Also that horrible stretching on the front of the turret could be fixed too, it really shows up infront of the more detailed reactive armour.

The gattling cannon is also a let down too, I was just expecting more of a SHW tank gen type bad ass looking gatt tank.

The lore is great and a I can see a massive amount of work has been put into it. Its a shame that the files are so damn big tongue.gif

btw the red star on the front of the gattling tank is inverted, isnt it?

Oh yeah its upside down tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Pav3d: 4 Jul 2009, 15:34

--------------------

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 4 Jul 2009, 15:41
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

You are doing a great work. for me now your mod is like a kind of drug.I want more and more.

Since i think you are creating a bit of a hype and because of my addiction i can understad the feeling of Anubis, i don't agree with him by the way.

Just that: from an update of yours someone expect awesome things like the topol. The real thing to watch closely today is the awesome cobra (i have a few question about it that i'll post in the right place to avoid redundancy) and Overdose's (i think it's his) new series (really good, at the level of official production,actually better than some EA lore content).

After all this if you look to the battlemaster that is a unit already seen and the china-obvious gattling tank is kind of delusion, not because of the units per se but just for the feelings,unrationally.
Rationally speaking they are just great, I like in particular the way you are updating the old units to a new, more futuristic standard (I like in particular the in game adoption by the whole chinese army of the upgraded battlemaster from kwai with the engine of Tao).

All this makes someone feels that you are doing all this for the sake of your passion. Zero Hour, the way it comes out back then was a mercenary's work (like "kane's wrath";I mean.. what..15 new copyied or little modified units with no new gameplay?or worst the last "Uprising"), yours is not and you don't have any external support,keep up guys, i'm fully supporting you.

P:S:And EA in his site continue to glorify himself for community works.

This post has been edited by katmoda12: 4 Jul 2009, 15:47

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 4 Jul 2009, 15:58
Post #24

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

The lore was done by me while the artwork was done by our talented Comr4de. We also appreciate your compliments. Rest assured that we haven't even scraped off the awesome that there is still to come.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WARthog
post 4 Jul 2009, 16:14
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 29
Projects: ShockWave Tester

Very nice story you wrote there.

The Cobra looks just awesome and the new gattling tank is a great eyecandy as well.

--------------------

let's cap some screens

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 April 2024 - 17:57