IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Aircraft Carriers and a Mac Version, Will we see aircraft carriers?
SeraphsWrath
post 18 Nov 2015, 17:40
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12343

Ever since I found out that you could select and control the battleships in Mission 2 of the USA campaign in ZH, I was hyped for naval warfare. However, that didn't happen, which was slightly dream-crushing. Then, I read the description of the hijacker in GLA Mission 3, which said "... Can hijack any enemy vehicle," so I immediately tried to hijack one of the battleships in the harbor, which didn't work.

Will you put carriers in your mod?
Please?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 18 Nov 2015, 18:29
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (SeraphsWrath @ 18 Nov 2015, 18:40) *
Ever since I found out that you could select and control the battleships in Mission 2 of the USA campaign in ZH, I was hyped for naval warfare. However, that didn't happen, which was slightly dream-crushing. Then, I read the description of the hijacker in GLA Mission 3, which said "... Can hijack any enemy vehicle," so I immediately tried to hijack one of the battleships in the harbor, which didn't work.

Will you put carriers in your mod?
Please?

Okay well you can controll battleships in base zh but its the same as the Aircraft carrier, they are just big fat buildings.Rather then Hijacker you should consider using rebels/rangers/redguards.
I remember being able to capture and controll them somehow but It doesnt work on the ships on melting snow.The mappers would probably know whats missing, I forgot worldbuilder and Its for the best: P

As for the carriers, I dont know about tidal wars but the ZH version of them are like I said buildings themselves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 19 Nov 2015, 11:33
Post #3

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 482

ships in vanilla games are not meant to be controllable "vehicles". pretty much what Bruce said.
and although we're adding naval units in this mod, hijackers wont be able to steal them as they are out of reach.
also even we might add carriers in this mod, they wont be like what you see in the vanilla game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SeraphsWrath
post 19 Nov 2015, 19:53
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (n5p29 @ 19 Nov 2015, 12:33) *
ships in vanilla games are not meant to be controllable "vehicles". pretty much what Bruce said.
and although we're adding naval units in this mod, hijackers wont be able to steal them as they are out of reach.
also even we might add carriers in this mod, they wont be like what you see in the vanilla game.

Okay. I just wanted carriers, seeing as they have long range, are mobile, really important, and allow players to have aircraft without having an airfield (like if they run out of room.) I didn't want the ability button, I'd prefer to have a select and attack feature. Carriers provide a good defense against artillery units, like Scuds, rocket-jet skis, and nuke-cannons. They also provide defense against air-attack, and a good intercept unit for harvesters. And, unlike airfields, they can avoid those pesky Rebel Ambushes, which are annoying and have the tendency, due to an oversight in the aircraft guard mechanic, to cause the aircraft in the airfield to destroy said airfield (basically, when an airfield is attacked, the aircraft in it launch and destroy the attacker without command. This is alright with Raptors, but is very annoying with Auroras, as the AoE of the bomb hurts the airfield, too.)

Also, the controllable-ships thing was kind of like a backstory.

+Quote Post
SeraphsWrath
post 19 Nov 2015, 20:24
Post #5

Group Icon

And I forgot to ask, but will we see a Mac-compatible version?

+Quote Post
SeraphsWrath
post 19 Nov 2015, 20:37
Post #6

Group Icon

Oh, and this should probably be moved to the "suggestions" sub-forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 22:31