Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Phalanx Cruiser, And why I think it doesn't fit the USA
Darky
post 28 Jan 2014, 15:59
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9643

Hello, I'd like to talk about Phalanx Cruiser. While I like its cute design, I think it is overspecialized for a USA unit. A quick look at most USA units will make it apparent that most of them have multiple purposes. The most straightforward unit, Crusader, can be equipped with any of the three drones to get a whole new niche. Humvee can load up with infantry to accomplish the task at hand. Paladin is a good main battle tank on top of being a great protector against missiles. Raptor is really effective against anything, even buildings when in sufficient numbers. The Tomahawk doubles as a guided long range anti-tank missile.
The list goes on and on, but the point is, if USA units have something in common, it's their versatility.

That is why I don't think a purely anti-aircraft ship fits the USA.

Also quick question, will USA ships have drones?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SeraphsWrath
post 19 Nov 2015, 19:59
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12343

QUOTE (Zeke @ 19 Nov 2015, 5:47) *
Your point being?

Np said that the drone thing was a "gimmick" and, without the drones, USA units weren't nearly as versatile or multi-purpose. I was providing counter-examples to illustrate that, without the drones, USA units were still just as versatile.

I included units from mods to prove that USA versatility doesn't only exist in "the vZH mindset."

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 20 Nov 2015, 3:35
Post #3

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (SeraphsWrath @ 20 Nov 2015, 2:59) *
Np said that the drone thing was a "gimmick" and, without the drones, USA units weren't nearly as versatile or multi-purpose. I was providing counter-examples to illustrate that, without the drones, USA units were still just as versatile.

I included units from mods to prove that USA versatility doesn't only exist in "the vZH mindset."

1. Np said that not "all" USA units are versatile. Take the drones away from the Crusader, and it's just a tank.
2. Who said that all modders have to follow the USA versatility rule? Who says USA being versatile is a rule in the first place? What the USA is, and how they function is up to the owner of the mod.
3. Was there really a point in resurrecting such an old thread, just to get that point across?
4. Don't use the word "mods", if all your going to use are ShockWave examples. Just say ShockWave. It's not a crime tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 10:26