IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Exit Wounds 1.87, Force the ECA into war with Russia.
RedDeadSmeg
post 5 Oct 2017, 21:15
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

"It is time for the ultimate deception General.

The tension between the ECA and the Russians is at breaking point. From failed co-operation missions to clash of borders in northern Africa, all it will take for war to break out is for one side to pull the trigger.

We will pull the trigger for them.

From our deal with our Russian 'sponsor', we will use Russian tech to destroy the ECA's African gem: Remus City, Egypt. This vile city on the Nile houses the ECA Central Command in Africa. Its destruction will be a severe blow to ECA pride and will be the perfect justification for them to try and annihilate their old enemy. From this, the GLA will take all of the continent unopposed while our enemies focus on destroying each other in their homelands.

Destroy the city and destroy the ECA. We will accept nothing less."

Objective 1: Annihilate the ECA training grounds to the south.

Objective 2: Build a Russian Base and destroy 40 city structures in Remus.

Objective 3: Destroy all ECA structures.

Hints:

Do not attack the city with your starting GLA team, you will fail the mission if you do.

Destroying a certain number of city structures will increase your construction options.

As you would expect, the ECA Central Command front lines are extremely well defended, find a way to outflank them to make this mission easier.

You will not have access to nuclear weapons, the Blackbear, Boris and most Russian Generals Powers, but your sponsor will provide you with aircraft and Tesla weapons.

Notes for the future:

As you can tell by the file name, this mission is part of a small GLA campaign I am creating which I hope to release before the end of the year. The campaign is about 60%-70% complete and I would like feedback on this mission before uploading the whole campaign on Mod DB. The other missions will not be uploaded here separately as I am about halfway through my upload space.

I am also working on a ECA campaign which I hope to release sometime next year, and will release at least one mission from there for you to feedback.

Enjoy, Generals.

[attachment=2610:AfricaGLACampaign5.zip]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calvin
post 6 Oct 2017, 5:57
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 12618

HURRAY a new campaign

also btw did you get the position converter i sent you?

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 6 Oct 2017, 16:34
Post #3

Group Icon

I did, thank you.

I will have a play with it once I work out how to use AIData.ini properly. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 6 Oct 2017, 16:35
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

good mission, quite enjoyed it.
Good unit mixs, it was like fighting against mizo biggrin.gif
though cupple of issues.

1. jumpjets are on foot not takeing off.
2. pioneers are attacking with there smg and not the mortars
3. end screen lists the ECA as USA enemies.

suggestion if i may, give the eca city Garrison the armory upgrade, its stupidly easy to go in and trash the city with hellions when theres quite a few fellins around with no AA capability.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 6 Oct 2017, 16:52
Post #5

Group Icon

Thanks Skitt, for once I'm good at mixing up enemy teams biggrin.gif

For the Pioneers and Jumpjets, how can I change them to use motors and fly respectively?

I'm not sure how to change the end screen from USA to ECA, same from China to Russia. Is it a 1.87 issue as I don't remember that happening in 1.86?

I completely overlooked the Armoury upgrade for the city garrison, that will definitely be in the next version.

+Quote Post
Hailstone11
post 6 Oct 2017, 18:59
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 13139

Try putting "n% of Team A perform Ability Command B" line with your move to/attack line in one subroutine script.
But the entire team which uses the script must be comprised of only one type of unit , i.e Jumpjet Troopers or Pioneers only

This post has been edited by Hailstone11: 6 Oct 2017, 19:12

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 6 Oct 2017, 19:31
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Hailstone11 @ 6 Oct 2017, 18:59) *
Try putting "n% of Team A perform Ability Command B" line with your move to/attack line in one subroutine script.
But the entire team which uses the script must be comprised of only one type of unit , i.e Jumpjet Troopers or Pioneers only

Yeah I was concerned about having to have a one unit only team for that to work, it'll be fine for the Jumpjets but i'm not sure about a Pioneer only team.
I'll give it a try though and see how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestion.

+Quote Post
Hailstone11
post 6 Oct 2017, 20:14
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 13139

Update
After a bit of trial and error, having a team to use switch weapon/mode command as subroutine causing consistent crash (unlike weapon upgrade such as Han)
Instead, put it as non-subroutine, no-active, and deactivate after success. Also, make another subroutine script to enable the former each time the team is created. You know, put the enabler in "On Create" column

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 6 Oct 2017, 21:53
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

btw, why no tigers or harriers?

also nice howitzer bombardment first time u go near the ramp, shame they dont fire again though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 7 Oct 2017, 0:07
Post #10

Group Icon

I set a task force of Harriers, but they didn't appear in game. I either forgot to give the ECA the General Power needed or messed up the production subroutine.

The Howitzers was a one time deal so the player didn't have to worry about them every time they tried to attack the front entrance, but I might set a timer script so it's reusable every 5 or so minutes to make it a bit harder.

+Quote Post
Calvin
post 7 Oct 2017, 7:46
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 12618

Why are the barracks unavailable in the beginning?
Its kinda pointless considering that i can get conscripts from destroying my own buildings like my radar posts and then capturing ECA barracks and that base they had in the city

This post has been edited by Calvin: 7 Oct 2017, 7:47

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 7 Oct 2017, 8:18
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Calvin @ 7 Oct 2017, 7:46) *
Why are the barracks unavailable in the beginning?
Its kinda pointless considering that i can get conscripts from destroying my own buildings like my radar posts and then capturing ECA barracks and that base they had in the city

It's to do with the condition of destroying city structures. The counter adds 1 every time the ECA garrison loses a building like a sky scraper or train station. Annoyingly the counter also adds 1 if your infantry garrison a city building because you technically own it and the ECA garrison loses it. then you can un-garrison one structure, garrison it again and make the counter add 1 each time, making it an exploit. That's why I had to make the barracks unavailable until that objective is complete.

By selling your structures you can still do this exploit, so I'm going to need to figure a way to work around this. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 24 Oct 2017, 20:52
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Hailstone11 @ 6 Oct 2017, 20:14) *
Update
After a bit of trial and error, having a team to use switch weapon/mode command as subroutine causing consistent crash (unlike weapon upgrade such as Han)
Instead, put it as non-subroutine, no-active, and deactivate after success. Also, make another subroutine script to enable the former each time the team is created. You know, put the enabler in "On Create" column

Thank you so much it works perfectly smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slobodan
post 15 Feb 2022, 19:57
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 24474

QUOTE (RedDeadSmeg @ 5 Oct 2017, 21:15) *
"It is time for the ultimate deception General.

The tension between the ECA and the Russians is at breaking point. From failed co-operation missions to clash of borders in northern Africa, all it will take for war to break out is for one side to pull the trigger.

We will pull the trigger for them.

From our deal with our Russian 'sponsor', we will use Russian tech to destroy the ECA's African gem: Remus City, Egypt. This vile city on the Nile houses the ECA Central Command in Africa. Its destruction will be a severe blow to ECA pride and will be the perfect justification for them to try and annihilate their old enemy. From this, the GLA will take all of the continent unopposed while our enemies focus on destroying each other in their homelands.

Destroy the city and destroy the ECA. We will accept nothing less."

Objective 1: Annihilate the ECA training grounds to the south.

Objective 2: Build a Russian Base and destroy 40 city structures in Remus.

Objective 3: Destroy all ECA structures.

Hints:

Do not attack the city with your starting GLA team, you will fail the mission if you do.

Destroying a certain number of city structures will increase your construction options.

As you would expect, the ECA Central Command front lines are extremely well defended, find a way to outflank them to make this mission easier.

You will not have access to nuclear weapons, the Blackbear, Boris and most Russian Generals Powers, but your sponsor will provide you with aircraft and Tesla weapons.

Notes for the future:

As you can tell by the file name, this mission is part of a small GLA campaign I am creating which I hope to release before the end of the year. The campaign is about 60%-70% complete and I would like feedback on this mission before uploading the whole campaign on Mod DB. The other missions will not be uploaded here separately as I am about halfway through my upload space.

I am also working on a ECA campaign which I hope to release sometime next year, and will release at least one mission from there for you to feedback.

Enjoy, Generals.

[attachment=2610:AfricaGLACampaign5.zip]

WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD that mission man? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Slobodan
post 15 Feb 2022, 19:58
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 24474

QUOTE (RedDeadSmeg @ 6 Oct 2017, 16:34) *
I did, thank you.

I will have a play with it once I work out how to use AIData.ini properly. tongue.gif

Where did you download that mission man? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Zxcvbnm
post 5 Jul 2022, 14:42
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 15561

QUOTE (Slobodan @ 15 Feb 2022, 22:58) *
Where did you download that mission man? mellow.gif

I think it's here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-the-reds...ca-campaign-187

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 22:56