IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
[FAN ADDON] Imperium's New Textures Thread! (ECA+PLA+RUS+USA RELEASED!), New shiny infantry textures, confirmed online-compatible !
The_Hunter
post 25 Apr 2015, 17:34
Post #151

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

^ not without modding the source files.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 25 Apr 2015, 20:29
Post #152

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11062

QUOTE (TimeBurner @ 25 Apr 2015, 2:44) *
Here is a suggestion for the Russian vehicle camos and please include the star

Russian vehicle camo

...Just simple matte dark green, with stars?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 25 Apr 2015, 20:39
Post #153

Group Icon

QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 25 Apr 2015, 9:08) *
Damn thats sexy!

Since you can modify the skins based on the map type, would it be possible to have infantry pick the snow camo when on a snow map?

As our Lord the Hunter hath said, it would require code manipulation. From what I've seen that can for sure be done with tanks and buildings but I am uncertain for infantry. Sadly it will be out of the scope of what I can/am willing to do.

I have made it very clear that The Hunter and the rest of the ROTR team is free to do what they will with these textures. I have no special rights or holds over any of them; I stand on the shoulders of giants, and these were almost all original creations by the ROTR team I am laying my hands upon anyway. If they wish to do anything with these, more power to them. I wouldnt count on it though; The_Hunter seemed against the idea when I explained I would be okay with it, and I dont blame him. These textures look very nice and im incredibly proud of them, but they do not necessarily make the game any better nor do they seriously impact on ROTR. Indeed in some cases the loss of a lot of team color means that these will actively hinder competitive play.
I fully understand all of this and bear no ill will either way. I have been allowed to modify the works of these great people, that is good enough!

What I'm mostly saying here is that it would be cool yes but it wont happen officially, meaning even if someone, myself included, bothered to make the changes they would break multiplayer anyway.

I'm glad you like the snow textures by the way. I finished the RPG and IGLA last night as well but couldnt preview them- the RPG soldier's helmet ended up looking bad.

Edit: ah, nope, just me, new WIP's:

Theres really only a couple more things that work for the americans before I get to release them. Mostly it comes down to vehicle textures.

Suggest US Vehicle camos! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Imperium: 25 Apr 2015, 20:53

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 25 Apr 2015, 20:41
Post #154

Group Icon

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 25 Apr 2015, 4:54) *
Well, technically, "camouflage" means anything that can make you less visible in matching enviroments, be it 2-D color or 3-D leaves and netting. Plain green camo has been camouflage on US vehicles in WW2 and the Cold War, as well as Russian vehicles, but yeah in a winter environment it wouldn't be that much camo.

I could theoretically make this. It would be kind of easy, I'm just not sure right now if its worth doing in all honesty.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Battle Bee
post 25 Apr 2015, 20:42
Post #155

Group Icon

Member No.: 10771

Do easter egg skins require code manipulation, as well?

If not, I would love to see a rare version of a Crusader obnoxiously painted with the USA flag's colors. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 25 Apr 2015, 20:50
Post #156

Group Icon

QUOTE (Battle Bee @ 25 Apr 2015, 12:42) *
Do easter egg skins require code manipulation, as well?

If not, I would love to see a rare version of a Crusader obnoxiously painted with the USA flag's colors. tongue.gif

They do...

Although that gives me an idea for an optional skin. For the Paladin.

*cough*

--------------------

+Quote Post
SiR Chaff
post 25 Apr 2015, 22:44
Post #157

umu
Group Icon

Member No.: 10691
No more.

QUOTE (Imperium @ 26 Apr 2015, 3:29) *
...Just simple matte dark green, with stars?

QUOTE (Imperium @ 26 Apr 2015, 3:41) *
I could theoretically make this. It would be kind of easy, I'm just not sure right now if its worth doing in all honesty.

Tbh, matte dark green camo for Russian vehicles makes it look too bland. They look like it just came out of a vehicle factory like the default Chinese vehicles. This version already made its textures look refined and beautiful. You'll just downgrade its quality. But if you're up to private requests for individuals, I can't argue with his request.

That said, for the US:

Pretty much the Raptor camouflage scheme RikerZZZ previously posted (maybe for the HK Drone and A10 too ??? )

Maybe you could also add that devil face already present on the A-10 Warthog (the devil painting near the A-10's gun) to the Viper ??? biggrin.gif

( ^^ Any camo would work, but something that wouldn't look ugly though )

This post has been edited by SiR Chaff: 25 Apr 2015, 22:46

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 25 Apr 2015, 22:56
Post #158

Group Icon

QUOTE (SiR Chaff @ 25 Apr 2015, 14:44) *
Tbh, matte dark green camo for Russian vehicles makes it look too bland. They look like it just came out of a vehicle factory like the default Chinese vehicles. This version already made its textures look refined and beautiful. You'll just downgrade its quality. But if you're up to private requests for individuals, I can't argue with his request.

That said, for the US:

Pretty much the Raptor camouflage scheme RikerZZZ previously posted (maybe for the HK Drone and A10 too ??? )

Maybe you could also add that devil face already present on the A-10 Warthog (the devil painting near the A-10's gun) to the Viper ??? biggrin.gif

( ^^ Any camo would work, but something that wouldn't look ugly though )

I constantly worry about inadvertently making things look worse. Its why I've tossed out a fair number of US skins and why that pack is taking longer than others. I need for it to be if not perfect, high quality. You guys deserve that much, darnit.

And that is why I have been coy about aircraft textures. I'll be frank: the Commanche will probably get some kind of simple green apache (or real life commanche themed) retexture, the black hawk will be made black, but beyond that I am uncertain. The fixed wing aircraft the US has could be changed, but its such a fine line between a high quality end product and something deliberately terrible exists that I might save all of that for the Grand Release as an optional file.

To be clear I have the power to change stuff with them but im highly concerned about screwing up!

There is a strong chance that drones and aircraft will not be touched at all until the grand release :S

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 25 Apr 2015, 23:02
Post #159

Group Icon

This is a little unrelated and off the wall, but can someone post the nationalities of each of the ECA's soldiers?

For instance:

Felin: French

Panzerfaust: German

etc. I want to make sure Im not messing up here. This will be very relevant later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 25 Apr 2015, 23:57
Post #160

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

I'm not certain, but I'm fairly sure it's as follows:

Engineer: English
Pioneer: German
Grenadier: Scottish
Medic: English
Heavy Sniper: English
Frank: German
Dog: German

I can't tell you about the Jumpjet troopers, I've never used them yet.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 26 Apr 2015, 0:06
Post #161

Group Icon

QUOTE (Composite armour @ 25 Apr 2015, 15:57) *

I thought the pioneers were belgian :S

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 26 Apr 2015, 0:14
Post #162

Group Icon

HOLD ONTO YER CHEESEBURGERS

INTRODUCING THE 2047 FORD PALADIN TANK

"It doesnt camouflage us from jack shit, but god damnit, I'm going to bomb your house if you dare imply we paint 'em like anything else." -Gen. Bradley, USMC.

This post has been edited by Imperium: 26 Apr 2015, 0:17
Attached File(s)
Attached File  God_Bless_the_USA.rar ( 199.62K ) Number of downloads: 24

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 26 Apr 2015, 0:20
Post #163

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

gonna kill some Russkie commie terrorist gooks in these seventy tons of full on DEMOCRACY, YEEHAW!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 26 Apr 2015, 1:30
Post #164

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (Composite armour @ 25 Apr 2015, 23:57) *

They're Italian.
And i thought the Pioneers were French aswell

QUOTE (Imperium @ 26 Apr 2015, 0:14) *
HOLD ONTO YER CHEESEBURGERS

INTRODUCING THE 2047 FORD PALADIN TANK

"It doesnt camouflage us from jack shit, but god damnit, I'm going to bomb your house if you dare imply we paint 'em like anything else." -Gen. Bradley, USMC.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 26 Apr 2015, 1:43
Post #165

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10225

Pioneers are French.

They are not German.

Jumpjet infantry are indeed Italian.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 26 Apr 2015, 1:49
Post #166

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

That Paladin tank is awesome. XD

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 26 Apr 2015, 5:07
Post #167

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Imperium @ 26 Apr 2015, 7:14) *

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 26 Apr 2015, 6:25
Post #168

Group Icon

So, I'm going to outline my general design for two things I have planned after the Grand Release:

First, General Texture Sets!

These will be texture sets based around specific generals in ROTR. They will be released by-general, meaning their release will be quite fast all things considered.

-They will not feature vehicle skins at this present time, this is because of the larger numbers of vehicles compared to infantry, and the relative time it takes to make vehicle skins (ones that look good anyway)

-They can be heavily influenced by you guys. If no one comments I'll extrapolate a bit based on what I will post below.

-They should be considered optional bonus packs in addition to my main texture packs.

The Generals:
ECA
1. General Willem: Willem is all about digging in and holding out against all odds, and his troops will reflect this. While taking some cues from their Netherlander General, these soldiers will primarily equip themselves in drab gear suitable for entrenchment and holding actions, equipped in Flak armor and utilizing simple gasmask mechanisms these soldiers are terrifying for the enemies of the ECA; representing a grim and violent death upon kilometers of wire, mortar, and bunker.
Colours: Dark greens and greys, muted purple-blue (see my Default Pioneer for a good idea), occasional bits of Belgian woodland BDU.

2. General Charles: A conservative and cautious man, Charles' troops always seem to be impeccably supplied, equipped, and perhaps just a little bit overeager to jump into the fray. They have never missed or failed an inspection for cleanliness, even when deployed. These troops are in a word spotless, with fine BDU that nearly rivals a dress uniform in its neatness and precision. Charles' troops have sometimes been called haughty, or just a bunch of show-offs, however they consistently get the job done. The average conscript could not hope to look so good.
Colors: Basically a very tidy version of British woodland BDU replete with buttons, unit insignia, lapels, etc. Instead of balaclavas, Charles' troops will have camo painted faces. Every soldier that is noticeably british will boast the union jack, all others will wear an ECU armband and chest symbol. This faction will have very, very little uniform deviation or real uniqeness. Ideally they will convey a sense of elite infantry. Lots of greens.

3. General Wolfgang: A hard charging tanker in the vein of Patton, or indeed Heinz Guderian, Wolfgang's men have chosen to wear Flecktarn following the conquest of Germany by the Russian Federation. In addition, these soldiers are armed and equipped with new unique future-technologies leased to Wolfgang's assault units in order to assist their efforts. Similar to, albiet far poorer funded than the American exoskeletal programs, and much less performing than the Venom Program, Wolfgang's troops resemble a mixture of Bundeswehr and Österreichisches Bundesheer troops, these infantry will stop at nothing until they see Moscow in flames.
Colors: Like I said, Bundeswehr/Bundesheer uniforms with a slight dash of near futuristic stuff. Nothing too crazy, don't worry. Americans still have Wolfgang beat for infantry based futuretech.

China:
1. General Jin: The Chinese Special Forces are too often looked over for the more numerous red guard or even the conventional PLA. The Chinese Special Forces prefer it this way; in the years since the Beijing attack that sparked the first global war, the Special Forces divisions have grown massive in size. Now deployed liberally as an army of the night striking at enemies of the state in military and clandestine operations, General Jin commands a strong presence within their shadowy politics and often protects their sensitive operations from other greedy branches. Jin's troops are rewarded for their wise choice in commanders with a special set of select gear, and training from these mysterious operatives. It is rumored that Jin's convetional troops are a mere farm to build up the ranks of the Chinese Special Forces. To what end, no one knows, but what is known is that Jin is all the more untouchable for it.
Colors: Jin's men mostly wear all black, with gray details. Some will have dark green tunics. Propaganda is kept to a relative minimum, whilst practicality and western equipment determine the wardrobe of the rank and file.

2. General Mau: Mau's men have been routinely mistaken to be UN radiological inspectors, cleanup crews, and hazmat teams. To a man, they wear personal protective equipment to ensure they will not succumb to the highly dangerous and poisoned battlefield. Unfortunately, most of these suits are old and compromised, making their actual effectiveness questionable. That doesnt stop Mau's men from wearing them, though!
Colors: Lots of reds yellows oranges and browns, owing to these men wearing bright protective suits. Lots of gasmasks.

3. General Chen: Chen is quite possibly either insane or incredibly misguided. While the nation moved on and updated its uniforms, rifles, and national image, General Chen grips onto the idea of a china that never was. Out of his own pocket he demands the uniforms of the old Red Guard live on in his legions of volunteers. Chen styles himself a true generalissimo, a kind of living god, and his completely brainwashed legions will fight and die for him and his dream on any battlefield, for any cause, so long as Chen would lead them. This 21st century Alexander is bound and determined to see his dream of an austere, conservative, china realized.
Colors: Lots of brown. Will look at actual PLA from the 50s and 60s for inspiration. You ROTR purists want your old school idiosyncratic bizarre Nixon-fever-dream china? Chen's your man.

Russia:

General Orlov: Emphasis on browns/yellows/dusty colors. Inspiration from 1980s afghanistan camoflages and dry area spetsnaz gear, to invoke afghanistan and more to the point, Africa.

General Alexandr: Mixture of things for Alexandr. Low ranking infantry will look like Russian Paratroopers in Modern Warfare 2 (the red white and black camo), while the elites will have a lot of NOD-esque dark blacks and reds. Plenty of slightly futuristic tech.

General Zhukov: Zhukov's old school. 80's style Soviet battle-dress. Not really sure for him honestly. Thoughts? Would likely be woodland themed.

USA:

Gen. Griffon: Possibly Army ACU. Possibly slightly Cybernetic. Possibly wearing Black.

Gen. Bradley: MARPAT.

Gen. Thorn: Unsure. Lots of camo I guess?

GLA:

No idea here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 26 Apr 2015, 9:49
Post #169

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

QUOTE (Imperium @ 26 Apr 2015, 6:25) *
So, I'm going to outline my general design for two things I have planned after the Grand Release:

First, General Texture Sets!

These will be texture sets based around specific generals in ROTR. They will be released by-general, meaning their release will be quite fast all things considered.

-They will not feature vehicle skins at this present time, this is because of the larger numbers of vehicles compared to infantry, and the relative time it takes to make vehicle skins (ones that look good anyway)

-They can be heavily influenced by you guys. If no one comments I'll extrapolate a bit based on what I will post below.

-They should be considered optional bonus packs in addition to my main texture packs.

The Generals:
ECA
1. General Willem: Willem is all about digging in and holding out against all odds, and his troops will reflect this. While taking some cues from their Netherlander General, these soldiers will primarily equip themselves in drab gear suitable for entrenchment and holding actions, equipped in Flak armor and utilizing simple gasmask mechanisms these soldiers are terrifying for the enemies of the ECA; representing a grim and violent death upon kilometers of wire, mortar, and bunker.
Colours: Dark greens and greys, muted purple-blue (see my Default Pioneer for a good idea), occasional bits of Belgian woodland BDU.

2. General Charles: A conservative and cautious man, Charles' troops always seem to be impeccably supplied, equipped, and perhaps just a little bit overeager to jump into the fray. They have never missed or failed an inspection for cleanliness, even when deployed. These troops are in a word spotless, with fine BDU that nearly rivals a dress uniform in its neatness and precision. Charles' troops have sometimes been called haughty, or just a bunch of show-offs, however they consistently get the job done. The average conscript could not hope to look so good.
Colors: Basically a very tidy version of British woodland BDU replete with buttons, unit insignia, lapels, etc. Instead of balaclavas, Charles' troops will have camo painted faces. Every soldier that is noticeably british will boast the union jack, all others will wear an ECU armband and chest symbol. This faction will have very, very little uniform deviation or real uniqeness. Ideally they will convey a sense of elite infantry. Lots of greens.

3. General Wolfgang: A hard charging tanker in the vein of Patton, or indeed Heinz Guderian, Wolfgang's men have chosen to wear Flecktarn following the conquest of Germany by the Russian Federation. In addition, these soldiers are armed and equipped with new unique future-technologies leased to Wolfgang's assault units in order to assist their efforts. Similar to, albiet far poorer funded than the American exoskeletal programs, and much less performing than the Venom Program, Wolfgang's troops resemble a mixture of Bundeswehr and Österreichisches Bundesheer troops, these infantry will stop at nothing until they see Moscow in flames.
Colors: Like I said, Bundeswehr/Bundesheer uniforms with a slight dash of near futuristic stuff. Nothing too crazy, don't worry. Americans still have Wolfgang beat for infantry based futuretech.

China:
1. General Jin: The Chinese Special Forces are too often looked over for the more numerous red guard or even the conventional PLA. The Chinese Special Forces prefer it this way; in the years since the Beijing attack that sparked the first global war, the Special Forces divisions have grown massive in size. Now deployed liberally as an army of the night striking at enemies of the state in military and clandestine operations, General Jin commands a strong presence within their shadowy politics and often protects their sensitive operations from other greedy branches. Jin's troops are rewarded for their wise choice in commanders with a special set of select gear, and training from these mysterious operatives. It is rumored that Jin's convetional troops are a mere farm to build up the ranks of the Chinese Special Forces. To what end, no one knows, but what is known is that Jin is all the more untouchable for it.
Colors: Jin's men mostly wear all black, with gray details. Some will have dark green tunics. Propaganda is kept to a relative minimum, whilst practicality and western equipment determine the wardrobe of the rank and file.

2. General Mau: Mau's men have been routinely mistaken to be UN radiological inspectors, cleanup crews, and hazmat teams. To a man, they wear personal protective equipment to ensure they will not succumb to the highly dangerous and poisoned battlefield. Unfortunately, most of these suits are old and compromised, making their actual effectiveness questionable. That doesnt stop Mau's men from wearing them, though!
Colors: Lots of reds yellows oranges and browns, owing to these men wearing bright protective suits. Lots of gasmasks.

3. General Chen: Chen is quite possibly either insane or incredibly misguided. While the nation moved on and updated its uniforms, rifles, and national image, General Chen grips onto the idea of a china that never was. Out of his own pocket he demands the uniforms of the old Red Guard live on in his legions of volunteers. Chen styles himself a true generalissimo, a kind of living god, and his completely brainwashed legions will fight and die for him and his dream on any battlefield, for any cause, so long as Chen would lead them. This 21st century Alexander is bound and determined to see his dream of an austere, conservative, china realized.
Colors: Lots of brown. Will look at actual PLA from the 50s and 60s for inspiration. You ROTR purists want your old school idiosyncratic bizarre Nixon-fever-dream china? Chen's your man.

Russia:

General Orlov: Emphasis on browns/yellows/dusty colors. Inspiration from 1980s afghanistan camoflages and dry area spetsnaz gear, to invoke afghanistan and more to the point, Africa.

General Alexandr: Mixture of things for Alexandr. Low ranking infantry will look like Russian Paratroopers in Modern Warfare 2 (the red white and black camo), while the elites will have a lot of NOD-esque dark blacks and reds. Plenty of slightly futuristic tech.

General Zhukov: Zhukov's old school. 80's style Soviet battle-dress. Not really sure for him honestly. Thoughts? Would likely be woodland themed.

USA:

Gen. Griffon: Possibly Army ACU. Possibly slightly Cybernetic. Possibly wearing Black.

GLA:

No idea here.

If you are making General specific stuff, you got everything covered fairly well; though Jin is actually about propaganda so his troops should look more authoritarian and the like.

General Thorn should have classic desert beige that call out to the Iraq and Afghan war and the old conflicts with the GLA. He's a traditionalist relying on special forces for the most part and light vehicles.

General Zhukov should have similar uniforms to what we have today in a sense, with partizans and greens. He should be the type to have very plain looking troops that look a bit more dated perhaps, maybe not even utilizing camo that much to be frank but rather stock BDU's and the like, tried and true as Zhukov is a senior officer who was powerful even before Suvorov's rise to power as president.

As for the GLA-

General Ibraahim is a global revolutionary. His troops should have stuff like berets, and look somewhat like actual soldiers and volunteer paramilitary. Perhaps give him uniforms akin to the IRA and similar. His forces also use unconventional weapons, toxins and are the most likely to have foreign weapons and possibly even high end gear or customized stuff as this is like a organization of diehard rebels following Ibraahim and not a throng of militia like Sulaayman or fundamentalist warriors like Yusuf.

His vehicles would likely be weird looking with modifications and other unconventional stuff one to them. Hard to say really.

Yusuf should embody the fundamentalist extremism of the GLA- a lot of turbans, typical Islamic extremist inspired stuff off of terror cells and the like. He leads a staunchly traditionalist cause and his warriors blend in with the locals, so they are likely to look stealthy with robes, maybe the odd desert camo here and there and maybe even look like armed civilians are points. He's a stealthy guerrilla that inspires mobs with riveting conservatism and angers them to defend their traditions and get pissed and the like, he's also the type to encourage partisans. They should be armed with rather old but venerated weaponry and they are a mix between the angry mob and the skilled partisan fighter, and fanatical terrorist. His vehicles should look old, dusty and maybe with the traditional desert colours they normally have.

Sulaayman on the other hand is a warlord plain and simple. He should have his troops looking like African militia I posted earlier in the thread and have a lot of gangs, crude soldiers and mercenaries and paramilitaries as Sulaayman operates both with his rag tag militias he both inspires and conscripts based on qausi nationalism and the spoils of war. His troops should have stuff like mismatching camo, be rather rag tag in their appearance and so forth with elite mercenaries armed with both cruddy second rate weapons for his piss poor militia thralls and very top of the line stuff for his well paid mercenaries. Vehicles should have jungle pattern camo and the like.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 26 Apr 2015, 11:04
Post #170

Group Icon

QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 26 Apr 2015, 1:49) *
If you are making General specific stuff, you got everything covered fairly well; though Jin is actually about propaganda so his troops should look more authoritarian and the like.

General Thorn should have classic desert beige that call out to the Iraq and Afghan war and the old conflicts with the GLA. He's a traditionalist relying on special forces for the most part and light vehicles.

General Zhukov should have similar uniforms to what we have today in a sense, with partizans and greens. He should be the type to have very plain looking troops that look a bit more dated perhaps, maybe not even utilizing camo that much to be frank but rather stock BDU's and the like, tried and true as Zhukov is a senior officer who was powerful even before Suvorov's rise to power as president.

As for the GLA-

General Ibraahim is a global revolutionary. His troops should have stuff like berets, and look somewhat like actual soldiers and volunteer paramilitary. Perhaps give him uniforms akin to the IRA and similar. His forces also use unconventional weapons, toxins and are the most likely to have foreign weapons and possibly even high end gear or customized stuff as this is like a organization of diehard rebels following Ibraahim and not a throng of militia like Sulaayman or fundamentalist warriors like Yusuf.

His vehicles would likely be weird looking with modifications and other unconventional stuff one to them. Hard to say really.

Yusuf should embody the fundamentalist extremism of the GLA- a lot of turbans, typical Islamic extremist inspired stuff off of terror cells and the like. He leads a staunchly traditionalist cause and his warriors blend in with the locals, so they are likely to look stealthy with robes, maybe the odd desert camo here and there and maybe even look like armed civilians are points. He's a stealthy guerrilla that inspires mobs with riveting conservatism and angers them to defend their traditions and get pissed and the like, he's also the type to encourage partisans. They should be armed with rather old but venerated weaponry and they are a mix between the angry mob and the skilled partisan fighter, and fanatical terrorist. His vehicles should look old, dusty and maybe with the traditional desert colours they normally have.

Sulaayman on the other hand is a warlord plain and simple. He should have his troops looking like African militia I posted earlier in the thread and have a lot of gangs, crude soldiers and mercenaries and paramilitaries as Sulaayman operates both with his rag tag militias he both inspires and conscripts based on qausi nationalism and the spoils of war. His troops should have stuff like mismatching camo, be rather rag tag in their appearance and so forth with elite mercenaries armed with both cruddy second rate weapons for his piss poor militia thralls and very top of the line stuff for his well paid mercenaries. Vehicles should have jungle pattern camo and the like.

What I can do:

Ibrahiim:
-For both Vehicles and Infantry: Old official camouflage patterns from various nations, with an eye towards those used in Africa, southeast asia, and Europe (french Lizard will appear on his Rebels I think biggrin.gif ). Mostly greens and browns on the tanks.
-Gasmasks on the quality infantry.
-Elite infantry will have some western body armor. Kneepads and Chest rigs/kevlar mostly.
-Angry mobs will be African militias, more or less everyone else is probably going to be middle eastern/ambiguous.
-Technicals will look beat up but also military; perhaps they will be a shade of dark green with some simple spray-painted camo lines in something like dull yellow or brown.

Yusuf:
-Effectively all doable, weapons would look the same though, they're hard to change.
-Very simple striped brown camo on some vehicles maybe?
-Certain things like Technicals would look much less uniform.
-Vehicles could be covered in arabic scripture, and/or generic islamic (ideally inoffensive) symbols.
-Basically I'm thinking a desert themed 'word bearers' aesthetic for the armor, with the odd simplified camo pattern.
-Troops that look like MGS4 Rebels
-Mobs will probably be African, everyone else being old middle eastern faithful. Mobs will also ideally be dressed in robe-like clothing.

Sulayman:
-Thinking of making about 75% of his troops African (Rebel, RPG trooper, Worker, Partisan, mobs, (the mercs of course), with middle-eastern Jarmen Kell, Hijackers and Terrorists.
-Weird mixture of vehicle camoflages for his stuff. Ideally based on things seen in actual african nations.
-Troops will wear uniforms like Ibrahiim, but none of the nice stuff, and only on the BDU's, no real armor or equipment.
-Mercs might be made to look like the Opfor in Tears of the Sun.
-Overall faction will come the closest to looking like an actual nation- this is intended. Sulayman is a warlord building an empire after all. He strikes me as someone who would care.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 26 Apr 2015, 13:16
Post #171

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

QUOTE (Imperium @ 26 Apr 2015, 11:04) *
What I can do:

Ibrahiim:
-For both Vehicles and Infantry: Old official camouflage patterns from various nations, with an eye towards those used in Africa, southeast asia, and Europe (french Lizard will appear on his Rebels I think biggrin.gif ). Mostly greens and browns on the tanks.
-Gasmasks on the quality infantry.
-Elite infantry will have some western body armor. Kneepads and Chest rigs/kevlar mostly.
-Angry mobs will be African militias, more or less everyone else is probably going to be middle eastern/ambiguous.
-Technicals will look beat up but also military; perhaps they will be a shade of dark green with some simple spray-painted camo lines in something like dull yellow or brown.

Yusuf:
-Effectively all doable, weapons would look the same though, they're hard to change.
-Very simple striped brown camo on some vehicles maybe?
-Certain things like Technicals would look much less uniform.
-Vehicles could be covered in arabic scripture, and/or generic islamic (ideally inoffensive) symbols.
-Basically I'm thinking a desert themed 'word bearers' aesthetic for the armor, with the odd simplified camo pattern.
-Troops that look like MGS4 Rebels
-Mobs will probably be African, everyone else being old middle eastern faithful. Mobs will also ideally be dressed in robe-like clothing.

Sulayman:
-Thinking of making about 75% of his troops African (Rebel, RPG trooper, Worker, Partisan, mobs, (the mercs of course), with middle-eastern Jarmen Kell, Hijackers and Terrorists.
-Weird mixture of vehicle camoflages for his stuff. Ideally based on things seen in actual african nations.
-Troops will wear uniforms like Ibrahiim, but none of the nice stuff, and only on the BDU's, no real armor or equipment.
-Mercs might be made to look like the Opfor in Tears of the Sun.
-Overall faction will come the closest to looking like an actual nation- this is intended. Sulayman is a warlord building an empire after all. He strikes me as someone who would care.

Make Sulaayman's terrorists be African with a bandana, vest and khaki pants or some such, so he's like a nationalist/extremist for Sulaayman's dream of a warrior's paradise.

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 26 Apr 2015, 13:16

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 26 Apr 2015, 13:43
Post #172

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Everything you've written is brilliant, but i have a couple issues with the USA ones/

QUOTE (Imperium @ 26 Apr 2015, 6:25) *
USA:

For Griffon the Army ACU is fine, but i really don't like the cybernetic ideas. I just don't think it fits with the rotr setting or in with the established lore. Remember that Griffon is air forced based, not super tech based, so why not give all his infantry and aircraft the generic Army ACU with a grey/blue tinge, and leave all his units with the metallic grey they are now. But. for his aircraft, i think signs of veterancy with things like kill marks and ww2 style teeth painted on would really build his armies character.

For Bradley I like the MARPAT idea, but i think whatever his inf should have, his vehicles should have too. The implied combined arms of the matching camo would really fit his theming.

As for thorn, desert camo like Crimson said.

But, an idea i had for Bradly and Thorns Raptors, is give them the same themed camo that their units have to their raptors (so if we go with thorns desert camo, the raptor would have the same, and vise versa with the MARPAT on for Bradley.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 27 Apr 2015, 1:41
Post #173

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

QUOTE (RikerZZZ @ 26 Apr 2015, 14:43) *
Everything you've written is brilliant, but i have a couple issues with the USA ones/

For Griffon the Army ACU is fine, but i really don't like the cybernetic ideas. I just don't think it fits with the rotr setting or in with the established lore. Remember that Griffon is air forced based, not super tech based, so why not give all his infantry and aircraft the generic Army ACU with a grey/blue tinge, and leave all his units with the metallic grey they are now. But. for his aircraft, i think signs of veterancy with things like kill marks and ww2 style teeth painted on would really build his armies character.

For Bradley I like the MARPAT idea, but i think whatever his inf should have, his vehicles should have too. The implied combined arms of the matching camo would really fit his theming.

As for thorn, desert camo like Crimson said.

But, an idea i had for Bradly and Thorns Raptors, is give them the same themed camo that their units have to their raptors (so if we go with thorns desert camo, the raptor would have the same, and vise versa with the MARPAT on for Bradley.

Actually General Griffon is also very much a drone spammer, he's airforce and high tech drones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 27 Apr 2015, 4:28
Post #174

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 27 Apr 2015, 1:41) *
Actually General Griffon is also very much a drone spammer, he's airforce and high tech drones.

Yeah, but it's somewhat based on realism. Is not like "everyone who serves in my army must get cybernetic implants and robotic arms". His men are still everyday soldiers, and I think representing them as such fits the theme better

--------------------

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 27 Apr 2015, 4:39
Post #175

Group Icon

Member No.: 10285

QUOTE (RikerZZZ @ 26 Apr 2015, 23:28) *
Yeah, but it's somewhat based on realism. Is not like "everyone who serves in my army must get cybernetic implants and robotic arms". His men are still everyday soldiers, and I think representing them as such fits the theme better

I think he meant more like the Future Force Warrior get-ups, with some possibly robotic frames and tech.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20 April 2024 - 4:39