Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rise Of the Reds Campaign Project
Thelord444
post 10 May 2014, 21:08
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9986

A project to make full user-made campaign for ROTR, 7 missions for Russia, 7 missions for ECA, The project is open to everyone to submit their missions to continue the story.

Rules:

- The missions must be made to continue the story or made on some official fictions from the forums so you must play the missions.
- Good made missions fit to campaign quality.

After all missions are made all will be put and be released as full functional campaign.

We need all mappers to contribute to this, hopefully we can do it soon and get it going, Also we may need some good stories in the campaign and dialogue so you can contribute in that too in the campaign.

Get it going!

Credits

Me (Thelord444): Mapping

Oliver: Voice acting, Coding, Awesome maps.

Xofolez: Mapping

Knossos: Mapping

__CrUsHeR: Awesome Ideas

Xattus: Helped on some stuff in WB

The General: Great Idea for a mission

Contra and Unititled team and Peace mission for giving us WB probs to use.

also thanks for all those who posted missions even if they were not accepted.
Also special thanks for MARS for giving us lists of missions and stories.

F.A.Q

What about USA, GLA, Or China?
Only Russia and ECA at this time, once the whole missions are done, if any time is left we might do them.

Is this the main campaign that's gonna come with ROTR 2.0?

No, This is a user-made campaign completely different then the main one.

How can i help?
Mapping: Making good campaign quality scripted maps.
Voice Acting.
Dialogue.

Mapping what we most need.

Missions:

ECA:
Operation Nemesis: Done
TBA
Tons of Titanium: Done
Operation Savior: Done
The Last Barrage: Not Done
Ice Breaker: Done
Last Stand: Not Done

Russia
Battle of Outpost Molotok: Not Done
A New Dawn Rising: Done
Crossing the Red Line: Done
Operation Hunt: Done
War Atrocities: Done
Scorched Earth: Not Done
Not one step back: Not Done

This post has been edited by Thelord444: 17 Jan 2015, 19:15

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 10 May 2014, 21:21
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

If this gets off the ground and worked out properly i wouldn't mind including this in reds officialy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 10 May 2014, 21:25
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10072

Not only mappers, but if you want a perfect campaign/missions you probably might want to get some voice actors for the missions (for debrieving and stuff)

This post has been edited by Oliver: 10 May 2014, 21:25

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 10 May 2014, 21:28
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

^ you can get around that with text messeges.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 10 May 2014, 21:28
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Nice. By the way, you can always contact me to figure out how to fit your mission idea into the story. You can base your scenario on events that have already occured or make up your own, based on the overall course of the story.

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 10 May 2014, 21:42
Post #6

Group Icon

Wow, i didn't expect this to be taken this seriously, Thank you, i am hyped right now biggrin.gif

And Mars i well sure do that smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eternity 6
post 12 May 2014, 15:18
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 10458

You should try to spread the word about this , try the forms at CNCNZ , command and conquer website and the other command and counquer/genrals game makers at moddb so this can gain traction. I really , really , really want this to work or get somewhere as the more people who know about this the better.

This post has been edited by Eternity 6: 12 May 2014, 15:19

+Quote Post
Knightmare31
post 12 May 2014, 15:33
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9713

As much as I want these to happen so badly as I never fully enjoy games without stories; campaigns for this game being the case,
a ton of work is needed, not to mention skilled mappers, before this can be achieved. But if this is achieved, a ton of people will be extremely happy.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 12 May 2014, 15:42
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 10072

QUOTE (Knightmare31 @ 12 May 2014, 15:33) *
As much as I want these to happen so badly as I never fully enjoy games without stories; campaigns for this game being the case,
a ton of work is needed, not to mention skilled mappers, before this can be achieved. But if this is achieved, a ton of people will be extremely happy.

We are actually planing something really cool that goes beyond simple missions wink.gif

+Quote Post
Knightmare31
post 12 May 2014, 15:57
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Oliver @ 12 May 2014, 22:42) *
We are actually planing something really cool that goes beyond simple missions wink.gif

I wonder what those can be... but if you (somehow) need dialogue pertaining to the populace in the missions, I can help..

This post has been edited by Knightmare31: 27 Aug 2014, 10:04

+Quote Post
MARS
post 12 May 2014, 17:06
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Okay, Thelord asked me to provide some ideas/scenarios:

Operation Nemesis
North Africa, 2037. You start out with some Pandurs, Tigers and naval transports loaded with ECA units. Use these to storm a beach that is lightly defended by GLA forces and establish a small outpost. Build up a force of infantry, light vehicles and choppers to drive the GLA out of a nearby city (secure multiple defended locations within that city), then pursue them into a nearby mountain area to eradicate their main base. Harriers and other air-based support powers are also available.

Battle of Outpost Molotok
South Sudan, 2041. A large map with a fortified Russian base (Orlov's base) in the centre. Phase 1: Use light mechanised and heliborne forces to react to GLA raids on convoys and villages. Phase 2: Defend the base as the GLA assault intensifies. Phase 3: Take command of Aleksandr's reinforcements, drive the GLA out of Orlov's base and evacuate any survivors. This'd be the kind of mission where you'd have to make do with limited resources and assets. The more raids you fend off during phase 1, the more resources you have in phase 2. The longer you hold out in phase 2, the less resistance you'll have to mop up in phase 3.

More to follow as they come.

+Quote Post
Knightmare31
post 12 May 2014, 17:57
Post #12

Group Icon

I'm curious. Will a mission based on the Battle of Kurmuk be possible or will that battle be restricted to the shellmap only? I'm sure the shellmap is the Battle of Kurmuk

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 12 May 2014, 18:37
Post #13

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Member No.: 9992

I was wondering how will you handle the different faction view points in the campaign?
Will it be like in Dawn of War where each faction has a different ending, or will it be like in Zero Hour where each of the different factions campaigns happen one after another, or will it be like in C&C3 where both factions campaign are happening at the same time?

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 12 May 2014, 19:27
Post #14

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Neo3602 @ 12 May 2014, 19:37) *
I was wondering how will you handle the different faction view points in the campaign?
Will it be like in Dawn of War where each faction has a different ending, or will it be like in Zero Hour where each of the different factions campaigns happen one after another, or will it be like in C&C3 where both factions campaign are happening at the same time?

This is a farily good question, I'd vote for it to be like dawn of war winter assasult where in the end you can pick an ending of X faction you want to see win (Doubt its codeable thou)
or CNC 3...

Otherwise it was boring in zh, USA-GLA-CHINA....yet again...china wins cause they were mentioned last...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 12 May 2014, 19:54
Post #15

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Member No.: 9992

QUOTE ((USA) Bruce @ 12 May 2014, 12:27) *
This is a farily good question, I'd vote for it to be like dawn of war winter assasult where in the end you can pick an ending of X faction you want to see win (Doubt its codeable thou)
or CNC 3...

I see what you mean with Dawn of War Winter Assault I was more referring to how the campaign ending wee handled in Dark Crusade and Soulstorm or in Red Alert where the ending differed depending on what faction you played as.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DragonNOR
post 12 May 2014, 20:12
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9208
Projects: Voice Actor

I'm sure the resident voice-actors too wouldn't mind lending a hand if you need custom one liners for the units and/or briefing voiceover smile.gif

My skype is dragonnor if you need anything from me smile.gif

This post has been edited by DragonNOR: 13 May 2014, 11:01

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 12 May 2014, 21:26
Post #17

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

Well if you guys need a mapper count me in, i have a few maps -especially those that are in the comp stomp pack- that would be eligible, just need to script them and stuff.... just one request... keep the hero-based missions to a minimum...

EDIT: If anyone wants permission to transform any map i make/made into a mission, permission is granted as long as i am credited for its vanilla version. =] i hope this takes off... perhaps a moddb blog explaining in detail could be written up and posted to RotR/ CNCMappers, Generals Lovers, etc.

This post has been edited by Xofolez: 12 May 2014, 21:32

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 12 May 2014, 22:45
Post #18

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Member No.: 10225

QUOTE (DragonNOR @ 12 May 2014, 20:12) *
I'm sure the resident voice-actors too wouldn't mind lending a hand if you need custom one liners for the units and/or briefing voiceover smile.gif

Yeah... I actually have a plan for making a web series actually based on the tale of a conscript; so also providing my voice for potential campaign missions isn't out of the blue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 12 May 2014, 23:10
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Xofolez @ 12 May 2014, 23:26) *
Well if you guys need a mapper count me in, i have a few maps -especially those that are in the comp stomp pack- that would be eligible, just need to script them and stuff.... just one request... keep the hero-based missions to a minimum...

EDIT: If anyone wants permission to transform any map i make/made into a mission, permission is granted as long as i am credited for its vanilla version. =] i hope this takes off... perhaps a moddb blog explaining in detail could be written up and posted to RotR/ CNCMappers, Generals Lovers, etc.

We need all help we can get, Count yourself in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 13 May 2014, 0:48
Post #20

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

I can contribute a map if WorldBuilder actually let me make the enemy build stuff. It's certainly very nostalgic, I can say that. Can anyone help me out with this?

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 13 May 2014, 7:40
Post #21

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Member No.: 10225

My skype is Comrade.Crimson if you need an authentic Rise of the Reds voice actor involved. Wouldn't mind helping out.

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 13 May 2014, 7:41

--------------------

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 13 May 2014, 9:09
Post #22

NProductions
Group Icon

Member No.: 9747

I have an idea for one urban map for a while, defense of some German city, maybe Munich. Either the Russian offensive, or ECA's defense of it.

--------------------

It is so true that its funny and sad at the same time.

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 13 May 2014, 10:27
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 10272

four questions:
is it going to be event driven(like most of the CNC missions), or character driven(like some other, warcraft, world in conflict and such) story?
if there's a 7 level campaign for ECA(which might contain USA)and another 7 level for russia, what happens to GLA and China?
What is going to happen after the current setting? who's going to win/lose at what cost? (and cliffhanger?)
the campaigns are to be parallel like Red Alert, in sequence like Generals, or intertwining like Tiberium Wars?

This post has been edited by Jam Hacker: 13 May 2014, 10:28

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 13 May 2014, 11:40
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jam Hacker @ 13 May 2014, 12:27) *
four questions:
is it going to be event driven(like most of the CNC missions), or character driven(like some other, warcraft, world in conflict and such) story?
if there's a 7 level campaign for ECA(which might contain USA)and another 7 level for russia, what happens to GLA and China?
What is going to happen after the current setting? who's going to win/lose at what cost? (and cliffhanger?)
the campaigns are to be parallel like Red Alert, in sequence like Generals, or intertwining like Tiberium Wars?

1- Some missions gonna focus on certain characters or heroes, but the campaign is a whole well not focus on characters but on events.

2- All factions gonna be involved in the campaign but you well only play from Russia and ECA view-point.

3- You will see cool_worm.gif

4- To be said soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 13 May 2014, 12:02
Post #25

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Member No.: 9974

Can missions be combined with fanfictions that are in cannon?

If so i think i have some ideas. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 20:58