Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Thank you
Imperium
post 3 Jun 2015, 2:11
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11062

Look, this mod is simply great. Really it is, you've done a bangup job here. I was going to post a 'suggestions' thread and post another one about the AI but I figured this forum doesnt get a lot of traffic (for some unknown reason, untitled deserves much more love)

Where to start... uh... stuff looks amazing in your mod. I hesitate to say its the best looking of the 'vanilla ZH' style out there, keeping the original aesthetics etc.

Edit:
Gaah, half this post got cropped out. Long story short: Superweapon general probably shouldnt have units called 'rangers' if shes USMC, the Marine texture could use work and im willing to retexture it for you guys in some marpat if you'd like, and the airforce general is kind of bland right now.

Besides that great job!

This post has been edited by Imperium: 4 Jun 2015, 4:00
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Anubis
post 5 Jun 2015, 8:44
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Gotta admit this comment is a breath of fresh air in a sea of - no shit sherlock - comments and complains. So yeah - tks for taking the time to post this nice comment. We're glad you like our mod and we are working on fixing stuff as much as posdible smile.gif

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 9 Jun 2015, 12:42
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11062

QUOTE (Anubis @ 5 Jun 2015, 0:44) *
Gotta admit this comment is a breath of fresh air in a sea of - no shit sherlock - comments and complains. So yeah - tks for taking the time to post this nice comment. We're glad you like our mod and we are working on fixing stuff as much as posdible smile.gif

@ both you and Kris:

No problem! As I mentioned, Im honestly limited in my capabilities here; I texture stuff, and generally specialize with camouflage and infantry textures to boot. I feel bad commenting about the lacklustre AI because I know how hard it is to code that stuff. Ive played and tweaked generals for years and the AI has always been beyond me; I get it. That is why I gladly offer my texture services. You can see some of my work in the ROTR forum, if you'd like to review it. Since that is the skill I have, that is what I offer. I won't feel offended if you say 'no' either; your art team is clearly quite good already.

I and a friend play 'campaigns' (basically role-playing as charachters in a game with specific limitations in order to have fun) in Zero Hour on occasion, and we both were ecstatic with what we found here. I'll put it to you guys simply: I have never been interested in the laser, vanilla USA, and superweapon factions like I have been interested in them in this; for real. I prefer contra's take on the Air Force General because he has so much flavor there, but besides that you are kind of at the top of the pile.

I admit I havent tested the other generals as much. I can honestly say I look forward to doing so.

All that aside, I do have one request, and it might be a rude one, so I apologize in advance fully for asking it, but is there an ETA on when the AI patch can come out?

We're currently playing a campaign in Contra. It's fun, but I know my friend and myself, and I think we'd both rather be stomping AI GLA heads as a laser/superweapon gen dream team. Ahhh. FIST tanks and Laser Paladins. Brilliant. I want this in my life good sirs or madams.

Until then this remains a fun, well made beautiful modification that is just a little unsatisfying to play; it has the regrettable status of a modification that is just barely out of reach.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 17:36