post 27 Aug 2012, 8:38
Post #26

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Aug 2012, 2:24) *
No, it's based on the real life Arena system which is the current iteration of a countermeasure that the Russians have been putting on tanks since the fucking 70s, given to a unit that desperately needed something like this in order to be more than just a sitting duck with a huge gun.

An unusual name for an unusual person. I mean...Just LOOK at the guy! serious.gif

In-game, the Arena will only target small rockets and missiles; no tank shells and no large stuff like Grad rockets or Tomahawks.

Actually the DO neutralize Grad Rockets duh2.png

Note worthy mention about this system however is that they have 10 charges, which it will then need to reload afterwards for about 8-10 seconds. You can tell when it is armed and ready by the pulsating effect their antennas have. Check out the screenies on our facebook so you can see yourself! If they're not on, load 'em full o' rockets while you still can!

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 27 Aug 2012, 8:42
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Aug 2012, 10:24) *
In-game, the Arena will only target small rockets and missiles; no tank shells and no large stuff like Grad rockets or Tomahawks.

If I understood correctly, no other changes were made?
Well, I'll refrain from my, somewhat pessimistic, expectations about how it'd affect Sents late game large-scale combat capabilities, and wait for the actual 1.7.2 to test it out smile.gif

EDIT: Ah nvm, just noticed a post above. Might change some things, actually.

And... ANY chance we'll see 1.7.2 before the next monday? I bet most of ppl here just can't wait... blush.gif

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 27 Aug 2012, 8:45

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 27 Aug 2012, 8:43
Post #28

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 27 Aug 2012, 2:42) *
If I understood correctly, no other changes were made?
Well, I'll refrain from my, somewhat pessimistic, expectations about how it'd affect Sents late game large-scale combat capabilities, and wait for the actual 1.7.2 to test it out smile.gif

And... ANY chance we'll see 1.7.2 before the next monday? I bet most of ppl here just can't wait... blush.gif

In addition but not needing the upgrade Sentinels now have faster turn rate and faster movement speed. They're still slow by other standards but it really needed it.

Also sorry, you'll just have to wait aw.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 27 Aug 2012, 8:46
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 27 Aug 2012, 10:43) *
In addition but not needing the upgrade Sentinels now have faster turn rate and faster movement speed. They're still slow by other standards but it really needed it.

Also sorry, you'll just have to wait aw.gif

NOW I'm optimistic (yeah, just a little speed/turn increase would be enough. Combined with Arena, should be totally enough) biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Alias
post 27 Aug 2012, 9:10
Post #30

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 27 Aug 2012, 17:46) *
NOW I'm optimistic (yeah, just a little speed/turn increase would be enough. Combined with Arena, should be totally enough) biggrin.gif
You may also notice a slight decrease in price. I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 27 Aug 2012, 9:41
Post #31

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

And i'm still unable to pull my singature rapid bomber strikes even with the updates, Sadfaic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 27 Aug 2012, 10:02
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 8857

Yey,I can `t wait for 1.7.2 .

Russia smash ...RAWR.... well until ECA is playable. biggrin.gif

Will the Black Bears be featured in 1.7.2 ?

+Quote Post
Nonchalant Gener...
post 27 Aug 2012, 10:24
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 9218
Ingenious indeed, but mildly impossible

After looking at the screens on fb, how many rockets can one shot of Arena system destroy? I mean does it function like a PDL or does it produce a screen of shrapnel that can block multiple rockets at the same time??

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 27 Aug 2012, 10:26
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 9100

QUOTE (Shatterfury @ 27 Aug 2012, 12:02) *
Yey,I can `t wait for 1.7.2 .

Russia smash ...RAWR.... well until ECA is playable. biggrin.gif

Will the Black Bears be featured in 1.7.2 ?

I think dev team will implement it after 1.7.2. (1.8; 1.8.2; 2.0? biggrin.gif ). BTW the update (especially story) is awesome ! After I've read the story, I can't wait to play with ECA faction against the Reds ! 8Isov.gif

This post has been edited by General Tatarin: 27 Aug 2012, 10:29

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 27 Aug 2012, 10:41
Post #35

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (Alias @ 27 Aug 2012, 9:10) *

I don't think the Setinel needs a price reduction, just buffing IMO since it sets it apart from the Overlord.

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 27 Aug 2012, 10:50
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

QUOTE (Nonchalant General @ 27 Aug 2012, 16:24) *
After looking at the screens on fb, how many rockets can one shot of Arena system destroy? I mean does it function like a PDL or does it produce a screen of shrapnel that can block multiple rockets at the same time??

It can destroy multiple missiles/rockets that are close to one another. The reload for each one is relatively long compared to PDL. However, Sentinel has armor. tongue.gif

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 27 Aug 2012, 11:01
Post #37

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Anywhose more on the update itself; The Arena upgrade is sweet but visually it doesn't look like it'd be incompatible with the Warden upgrade. On the lore portion which is great because its a Russian invasion scenario that's ACTUALLY plausible (also taking into the account of events shown in the previous updates and background considering that seemingly Humanitarian missions aren't around that much comapred to now and the UN is a shell of itself) unlike 'lol drunk russians voted/got ultranationalist communists into power lolz" or heavily paranoid actions with little evidence *cough* MW2/3 *cough*.

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 27 Aug 2012, 11:02

+Quote Post
scorpio
post 27 Aug 2012, 11:19
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 9151

QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Aug 2012, 8:17) *
Well, our pre-1.72 update and render pool is now officially depleted, so the next thing you see will most definitely be the release of 1.72

HELL YAH! 8ani5.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 Aug 2012, 11:20
Post #39

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Right. In this scenario, the Federation may still be the (actual) aggressor and they've started the war by means of a shady self-engineered justification, but we've gone into great
lengths to explain WHY they've come to a point where this is considered to be their only remaining option. It's also worth noting that the President obviously torn on this matter.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 27 Aug 2012, 11:28
Post #40

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Excellent update. Now we finally have war! Alek's little scheme was predictable but like already said, more graphic than expected. Specially loved the pic, how it simultaneously shows how four different news channels are broadcasting the war news.

BTW it would be interesting to know what President Bradford has said on this... he is the most quiet leader among the faction heads and gets little mention in the lore. Sometimes it feels like he just sits there and lets other people like Thorns take care of most business.

The arena upgrade sounds great. Now the Sentinel will be more than a lumbering meatshield with a fucken huge gun.
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 27 Aug 2012, 13:43) *

Like finally. They badly needed this boost.
QUOTE (Alias @ 27 Aug 2012, 14:10) *

Was that that necessary? Should be a fun change though.
QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Aug 2012, 12:56) *
. As it turns out, the Russian President is a Horrible Judge Of Character

Seriously! That was my first impression from the lore... I mean we all obviously knew the war was gonna happen, we knew Alek had some sneaky role behind making it happen... but Suvorov's character assessment came as quite a shock tbh. The old man is losing his marbles, or already lost most of them.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 27 Aug 2012, 11:32
Post #41

I fits I sits
Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Aug 2012, 11:20) *
Right. In this scenario, the Federation may still be the (actual) aggressor and they've started the war by means of a shady self-engineered justification, but we've gone into great
lengths to explain WHY they've come to a point where this is considered to be their only remaining option. It's also worth noting that the President obviously torn on this matter.

I see, so was the incident at the missle base actually performed by ECA Special Forces or was it some some conspiracy within the Russian Government?

EDIT: Just read it again; a conspiracy by Survorv and Aleksander.

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 27 Aug 2012, 11:33

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 27 Aug 2012, 11:34
Post #42

Mad General... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9008
Follower of the Grimdark.

HELL YEAH, the war has begun, I like the arena system upgrade, it makes the Sentinel harder to kill.

Won't the people wonder why in hell would the Europeans suddenly attack a Russian military base in Russian territory whith no provocation whatsoever.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

- The Neconomicon

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.
- Albert Einstein (attributed)

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 Aug 2012, 11:41
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 27 Aug 2012, 12:28) *
Seriously! That was my first impression from the lore... I mean we all obviously knew the war was gonna happen, we knew Alek had some sneaky role behind making it happen... but Suvorov's character assessment came as quite a shock tbh. The old man is losing his marbles, or already lost most of them.

That, or he made the mistake of desperately wanting to see the good in a man like Aleksandr, who he regards as a 'fellow in misery' of sorts. As it says: "Two visionaries who'd given up everything, our youth, our hearts, our most human desires, for the creation of Novorossiya". This actually implies that none of them has a family; that they, consciously or not, invoked a Celibate Hero motif: Suvorov has turned the well-being of Russia into his personal goal in life; he's 'married' to Russia, so to say. Whereas Aleksandr invokes the alleged asexuality of Nikola Tesla, only to subvert it with the implication that he's a member of 'lewd' circles, i.e. the Russian upper class which is infamous for its decadence. Suvorov used to be a good person and he believed Aleksandr, his ally who would provide the scientific and military genius, to be just as honourable which is false, as we know thanks to our broader perspective.

QUOTE (Warpath @ 27 Aug 2012, 12:34) *
Won't the people wonder why in hell would the Europeans suddenly attack a Russian military base in Russian territory whith no provocation whatsoever.

Seeing how ballsy the ECA is, they would certainly take some serious offence to the presense of Russian missiles in Kaliningrad. They'd also be aware of the military build-up (you can't rally an invasion force along your border within the span of a few hours) and the fact that the Russians have actively antagonised them as cowards and traitors in the wake of their African defeat. You can go as far as thinking of the time between 2041 and 2045 as a mini Cold War between the two. To answer your initial question: I don't think the Russian people would give a damn about -why- the ECA would do that at this point and rather ask where the next enlistment station is.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 27 Aug 2012, 12:28
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Aug 2012, 13:20) *

I loved this part. A good old fashion 9/11 in a russian style. And they even accused europe of WMD's use (solaris). I bet at some point suvorov and some secret american agency dude had a drink - i told you my russian friend - your own hand is your best friend tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Anubis: 27 Aug 2012, 12:29

+Quote Post
Nonchalant Gener...
post 27 Aug 2012, 13:13
Post #45

Group Icon

Member No.: 9218
Ingenious indeed, but mildly impossible

What's the GLA's response to the invasion? As I recall, they used to have a news channel called ARC back in the days of zero hour. Is that station still on air or was it destroyed by the Chinese army when Deathstrike died?

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 27 Aug 2012, 13:21
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

Ah, I just love the update. I can't wait to see the mighty sentinel tanks bum-rushing the lines of the GLA, since now they can take a bloody grad barrage, and handle they stupid stinger sites better than before. A question of the curious, how much would an ARENA explosion do to a poor infantry?

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 27 Aug 2012, 13:22
Post #47

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Obviously no pro GLA station would get to live in post ZH world.
QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Aug 2012, 16:41) *
That, or he made the mistake of desperately wanting to see the good in a man like Aleksandr, who he regards as a 'fellow in misery' of sorts. As it says: "Two visionaries who'd given up everything, our youth, our hearts, our most human desires, for the creation of Novorossiya". This actually implies that none of them has a family; that they, consciously or not, invoked a Celibate Hero motif: Suvorov has turned the well-being of Russia into his personal goal in life; he's 'married' to Russia, so to say. Whereas Aleksandr invokes the alleged asexuality of Nikola Tesla, only to subvert it with the implication that he's a member of 'lewd' circles, i.e. the Russian upper class which is infamous for its decadence. Suvorov used to be a good person and he believed Aleksandr, his ally who would provide the scientific and military genius, to be just as honourable which is false, as we know thanks to our broader perspective.

Yeah I guess it's natural he would feel for Alek since they're both on the same side while both of them made similar sacrifices on their lives. Okay maybe in Alek's case he didn't exactly sacrifice... more like his psychopath-ish nature never allowed him to get involved in normal social life. Obviously that wouldn't prevent Suvorov from considering Alek something like his younger brother who has his back in the military and tech department while Suvorov leads from the front.

This post has been edited by SpiralSpectre: 27 Aug 2012, 13:23

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 27 Aug 2012, 13:32
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Finally we go to war!

I loved how it was written the entire plot of the articulations between Suvorov and Alek for triggering the conflict, this richly detailed, the images of broadcasters transmitting in real time the advance Russian help give more realism to the events of history. The zhukov was not mentioned in this first moment of invasion, it has lagged behind in the history of the game hope it mentioned something about it soon because I had good impressions about their talents and abilities against Russia.

Finally it was revealed upgrading Sentinel, this system is simply incredible ARENA, he reminds me that Russia dominates military technologies, it was very nice to know about this defense system through the game (never heard of him before). The art of exploding grenades was wonderful and the gameplay will greatly improve with this new upgrade and improvements mentioned for the 'new' Sentinel.

Now this nearer the time to play the version 1.72 ... mindfuck.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 27 Aug 2012, 13:43
Post #49

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

I am the only one who is thinking the Russian have fall into the black in the "black and grey morality" with this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 27 Aug 2012, 14:02
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

QUOTE (Kirasama @ 27 Aug 2012, 15:43) *
I am the only one who is thinking the Russian have fall into the black in the "black and grey morality" with this?

Well if you consider the shitty situation in russia and the fact that they were a cornered hungry beast ... dunno. I dont think this is more black than being a self imposed world police officer.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 June 2024 - 1:36