Post #51

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

QUOTE (blgmgl @ 2 Dec 2012, 22:39) *
I've got question.
Is Eurofighter strike more like of US GP A-10 strike or like Boris' laser guided MiG strike?

Another question (will have more later): What's the Euro airship role? Is it similar to Chinese?

1. Smiliar Laser General's Gen-power with Dron Bomber from Shockwave.

2. We can't tell details yet.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massey
post 3 Dec 2012, 6:27
Post #52

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Panzer4life @ 3 Dec 2012, 14:24) *
Hey Massey, when will you do a military parade for the ECA (time of year) and one for the GLA once the 1.8 is out? Also, nic pic from Arma 2 for you banner. rolleyes.gif

I dont really have the time to spend on making Vidoes but i could say soon!... rofl

8chi.png

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 3 Dec 2012, 7:18
Post #53

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

So lower damage compared to other Gpowers but can't be intercepted.

EDIT: So that huge artillery we saw wuz the pandora?

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 3 Dec 2012, 7:20

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ruzara
post 3 Dec 2012, 7:44
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 9488

That Zepplin
Is that Goshawk ?
seems like The zepplin is Very Special

--------------------
"don't read this message coz this message are useless"

+Quote Post
MARS
post 3 Dec 2012, 7:55
Post #55

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

The Goshawk isn't an airship, it's a VTOL plane. You can see it on ModDB since the render has already been posted a while ago.

+Quote Post
Spejjarn
post 3 Dec 2012, 8:53
Post #56

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 9277

QUOTE (Anubis @ 2 Dec 2012, 20:42) *
HOLY JESUS IN PIJAMAS! This was extremly unexpected. And a frekin great update as well.

Couldn't have put it better! wub.gif

QUOTE (MARS @ 2 Dec 2012, 20:19) *
It means that you have to unlock the Bulldog as a three level gen-power.
Level one = Argus mode = Gatling guns
Level two = Orthus mode = Gatling guns + rocket pods
Level three = Cerberus mode = Gatling guns + rocket pods + AA launch tubes

So I presume the Bulldog is Willem's unique general power. Clever!

QUOTE (Arrakis @ 2 Dec 2012, 20:38) *
Thanks. Three promotion points for one defensive structure, didn't see that coming. But I guess it makes sense for a defensive general within a defensive faction.

See above Arrakis, I don't think the Exavator builds the Bulldog.

QUOTE (SorataZ @ 3 Dec 2012, 0:07) *
Pretty funny just how much content that video revealed.

101% agree! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 3 Dec 2012, 2:21) *
Please release it before the apocalypse

*thumbs up* cool.gif

QUOTE (MR.Kim @ 3 Dec 2012, 5:46) *

Good, I really liked the Drone Strike general power.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 3 Dec 2012, 8:56
Post #57

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

Questions from me:

1. Is the Gun turret a Tier-1 defense structure? And how tough and powerful is it compared to Shockwave's guardian?
2. Was the vehicle at 36 seconds in the video the Pandora?
3. Is the Bulldog build-able or is it General power spawned?
4. Will Zhukov get any non-artillery vehicles to help him in direct battles considering he's going to be vehicle-heavy?
5. Is that Howzitzer artillery vehicle seen a few times in the teaser the ECA's standard artillery cause IIRC they were going to get a Missle based one?
6. Is that beam AA a DEW? Because it looks like one even though its been said that the ECA won't really get any DEWs.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 3 Dec 2012, 9:09
Post #58

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 3 Dec 2012, 9:56) *
Questions from me:

1. Is the Gun turret a Tier-1 defense structure? And how tough and powerful is it compared to Shockwave's guardian?
2. Was the vehicle at 36 seconds in the video the Pandora?
3. Is the Bulldog build-able or is it General power spawned?
4. Will Zhukov get any non-artillery vehicles to help him in direct battles considering he's going to be vehicle-heavy?
5. Is that Howzitzer artillery vehicle seen a few times in the teaser the ECA's standard artillery cause IIRC they were going to get a Missle based one?
6. Is that beam AA a DEW? Because it looks like one even though its been said that the ECA won't really get any DEWs.

1. It's a T1 defense indeed. As for stats - wait and see.
2. The answer to that is guarded by Hunter's anti-leaking spoon.
3. General power.
4. Wait and see - details about that will be after 1.8 release.
5. That's the T2 artillery in the 1.8 release. More details about it - guarded by the same spoon.
6. I'll go for the wait and see - that is just to awsome to reveal before it's programmed update.

+Quote Post
Spejjarn
post 3 Dec 2012, 9:10
Post #59

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 9277

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 3 Dec 2012, 8:56) *
Is that Howzitzer artillery vehicle seen a few times in the teaser the ECA's standard artillery cause IIRC they were going to get a Missle based one?

I'm also curious of the answer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 3 Dec 2012, 9:55
Post #60

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

I'm getting more and more excited to play 1.8, mostly because of the ECA but also because it'll finally have all the factions in. I've been playing a lot of End War when I haven't been playing Borderlands 2, and playing as the Euro Corps just gets me more and more pumped for the ECA.

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
SGM. Jazzie Spur...
post 3 Dec 2012, 11:14
Post #61

I like turtles.
Group Icon

Member No.: 33
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room! ▀▀▀█ ▀▀▀█

Who's the voice actor for the MOLE? I loved the "Adiós amigos" quote.

--------------------

Propiety of the Europe Continental Army. Do not capture, interrogate or torture.

+Quote Post
Genmotty
post 3 Dec 2012, 12:04
Post #62

Group Icon

Member No.: 523

QUOTE (Darkfire Angel @ 2 Dec 2012, 20:44) *
Does the tank trap work exactly, I know that wall logic is broken so won't the AI simply target the barricade instead of trying to move around them?

To echo Darkfire Angel's comment towards the ECA Barricade will it be a targetable or untargetable structure?

In regards to what I recall from modding, it should be perfectly possible to make the structure untargetable (just like you can't directly target mines or radiation fields even though they are an 'object') however in doing so, those objects can royally screw over pathfinding and the AI cannot really understand the concept of 'walls' when they place buildings its with their orientation already set. Hence I strongly doubt the barricades will be AI compatible.

I experimented once with the concept with trying to get sandbags buildable in such a manner.

QUOTE (Darkfire Angel @ 3 Dec 2012, 8:55) *
I'm getting more and more excited to play 1.8, mostly because of the ECA but also because it'll finally have all the factions in.

It's not got Mexico-Brazil-Aztec-Warriors-of-Doom or the Neo-Cyborg-Japanise-Anime-Giant-Death-Robot factions yet so their is still a lot of work to be done ¬.¬

---------------------------------------------------------------

@0.09 (and throughout) We see rather pink/purple muzzle flashes from the ECA tanks, why the neon particle effects...?

@0.12 We see the Solar Burst Superweapon fire, reminds me a lot of the 'Laser Satellite Strike' from the game Warzone 2100, the FX is preaty much exactly the same. Guess where you got the inspiration from wink.gif.

@0.14 We see what looks to be Boris MiGs get shot down by some kind of 'microwave heat ray', however there are also a lot of what looks like thin tracer fire flying through the target, yet there doesn't appear to be any clearly defined source. We also see what appears to be the 'Fatass Airship' launch pad in the top left, as well as the cannon turrets firing

@0.15 you can see what appears to be the ECA airstrike ability quite clearly if you pause the video. It looks like a jet fighter; machingun straffing and all.

@0.20 We see some ECA helis coming in to rain some pain as well as a glimpse at a wheeled APC type unit in the top left. If you watch closely its firing some kind of heavy calibre machine-gun.

@0.24 We see a nice takeoff of the 'Fatass Airship' from its rearming pad. Again I'm going to mention the obvious similarity with the transport from that aforementioned game. If indeed it is a transport unit.........NICE.....I like. If we are looking at something more like a 'heavy bomber'........NICE......I Like. If we are looking at something with various upgradable roles.........*Drools on the floor*.....

@0.26 We get a nice close up of three self-propelled mortar/howitzer tracked transports, as a kind of artillery unit.

@0.27 A nice scope of the ECA Comm. towers as well as the howitzer bases. Not entirely sure what the large base structure is featured in the centre of the shot off the top of my head. But something to investigate.

@0.29 The Bulldogs in action. To be frank 'Bulldog' doesn't exactly gel as the right kinda name for them in my opinion. Something like Terrapin or Turtle might have been a better concept name for the defence structure since 'Bulldog' as a name tends to suggest 'yappy tenacity' of being the 'tough upstart underdog' not really a hideaway powerhouse. Just some objective criticism there.

@0.32 Nice shots of Manticore in action.

@0.36 We see some kind of super-heavy howitzer firing some kind of 'ubershell', there are also clear shots of the wheeled APC.

....and that's all folks (minus anything I missed).

Overall, nice video. Cheers.

Comparative Images for simmilarities and differences on ROTR unit/FX models to that of Warzone 2100 I mention;

Transport Airship

Two Las-sat strikes.

PS: Also whatever that airship gets called, to me it's now the 'Fatass Airship'.

This post has been edited by Genmotty: 3 Dec 2012, 12:12

+Quote Post
Planardweller
post 3 Dec 2012, 12:38
Post #63

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9425

QUOTE (Genmotty @ 3 Dec 2012, 13:04) *
@0.36 We see some kind of super-heavy howitzer firing some kind of 'ubershell', there are also clear shots of the wheeled APC.

....and that's all folks (minus anything I missed).

In that scene in the top part, we can see a shadow of some kind of bomber, most likely. It has flying wing shape. Could be a B-2, but i think its something of ECA. Could be their Level 5 GPA.

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 3 Dec 2012, 12:43
Post #64

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

Wonderfull and astonishing update:

really enjoyable that every defence is treated gameplay-wise like a real unit per se like a tank.

I have a few question about the bulldog tturret general power:

It is already being said that will be a power spawnable turret, with each level of power becoming more and more faersome.

-Levelling up this power also spawns more turret like level one just one and so on? i've come to this wuestion watching the teaser video where there are three of this turrets close to each other so that mda me guess..

-If is not the case, will this power comes with a short cooldown (less than 2 min)?

- This turret has two modes: concealed (unable to fire) and not concealed (able to fire) or it will pop up like shw superweapon general's concealed patriot?

-the two modes of the gun turret are against group of vehicles (so not very effective against tanks) and anti-tank single target rounds, or the anti-vehicles ramjet bullet is a targetable ability?

Thanks

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 3 Dec 2012, 12:56
Post #65

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (Genmotty @ 3 Dec 2012, 12:04) *
Not entirely sure what the large base structure is featured in the centre of the shot off the top of my head. But something to investigate.

Solaris control center i think

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 3 Dec 2012, 13:00
Post #66

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 52

Somewhere towards the end I saw what seemed to be a four wheeled armored-car type vehicle resembling the Fennek. Not sure if that was what I saw though.

Also, is the AI Pod for the gun turret inspired from Metal Gear Peace Walker?

This post has been edited by Mcbob: 3 Dec 2012, 13:05

+Quote Post
MARS
post 3 Dec 2012, 13:37
Post #67

Group Icon

QUOTE (katmoda12 @ 3 Dec 2012, 12:43) *
-Levelling up this power also spawns more turret like level one just one and so on? i've come to this wuestion watching the teaser video where there are three of this turrets close to each other so that mda me guess..
-If is not the case, will this power comes with a short cooldown (less than 2 min)?
- This turret has two modes: concealed (unable to fire) and not concealed (able to fire) or it will pop up like shw superweapon general's concealed patriot?
-the two modes of the gun turret are against group of vehicles (so not very effective against tanks) and anti-tank single target rounds, or the anti-vehicles ramjet bullet is a targetable ability?

- You only get to place one turret per use of the power, but since you can place them anywhere you want, there's nothing keeping you from placing them in groups, patience permitting.
- Cooldown's aren't finalised yet
- In 'open' mode, the turret will automatically attack targets and be visible. In 'concealed' mode, it retracts into the ground, becomes stealthed, unable to attack and repairs itself.
- These are two fire modes that you can choose, not manual abilities. They're both effective against vehicles but the AT round basically drops the biggest punch on one target whereas the Penetrator round has less damage on impact, but it deals that damage to all vehicles in its path.

QUOTE (Mcbob @ 3 Dec 2012, 13:00) *
Also, is the AI Pod for the gun turret inspired from Metal Gear Peace Walker?

It was primarily inspired by the large pod structures you see on Phalanx CIWS turrets.

+Quote Post
wb21
post 3 Dec 2012, 14:08
Post #68

Товарищ
Group Icon

Member No.: 175
ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

QUOTE (Planardweller @ 3 Dec 2012, 19:38) *
In that scene in the top part, we can see a shadow of some kind of bomber, most likely. It has flying wing shape. Could be a B-2, but i think its something of ECA. Could be their Level 5 GPA.

It's the Vulcan bomber, one of ECA's GP planes. wink.gif

--------------------

"Not in mood...go away..."
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."

Bringing wrath to a forum near you since 2009!

+Quote Post
MARS
post 3 Dec 2012, 14:10
Post #69

Group Icon

It's worth noting that we've given the Vulcan a new texture to replace the old blue one. You'll see it as part of an update soon.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 3 Dec 2012, 14:53
Post #70

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Watching the teaser I noticed the fire after the firing of Leopard is blue, there is some reason for this, it would be a special ammo?

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 3 Dec 2012, 15:04
Post #71

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 3 Dec 2012, 13:53) *
Watching the teaser I noticed the fire after the firing of Leopard is blue, there is some reason for this, it would be a special ammo?

Wait and see biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Col._Sandfurz
post 3 Dec 2012, 17:06
Post #72

Group Icon

Member No.: 9428

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 3 Dec 2012, 14:53) *

I think this might be the gun upgrade for the Leopard (as written in the "The Huntsman Returns" news). As we can see in this vid, the Jagdmammut will also get the range boost and IIRC the Manticore will also benefit from this upgrade..

+Quote Post
flyingpancake
post 3 Dec 2012, 17:42
Post #73

Group Icon

Member No.: 9311

QUOTE (MARS @ 3 Dec 2012, 13:37) *
- You only get to place one turret per use of the power, but since you can place them anywhere you want, there's nothing keeping you from placing them in groups, patience permitting.

Does this mean if you got the enemy base scouted (so that it's not in the fog of war) you can drop this turret in the middle of there base?

--------------------

''Commander Flyingpancake of 1st syrup to ground Luftwaffle battalion reporting''

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 3 Dec 2012, 17:52
Post #74

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (flyingpancake @ 3 Dec 2012, 17:42) *
Does this mean if you got the enemy base scouted (so that it's not in the fog of war) you can drop this turret in the middle of there base?

It probably works like the GLA tunnel, so yeah

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 3 Dec 2012, 19:08
Post #75

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Speaking of which, how long does it take to "Spawn" Before it starts working?

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17 May 2024 - 14:04