Reply to this topicStart new topic
First attempt at GC Hard
BlitzGeneral
post 16 Dec 2010, 22:53
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 146

Heya all. I consider myself a veteran in terms of the number of years spent playing this game (and Shockwave =D) but I've never really moved beyond the classic "turtle lololol" strategy everyone uses.

Now I think I should--at least until RotR's ECA makes it a viable strategy for online play.

Any tips for an attempt a GC in Hard, using Deathstrike (or Fai for that matter, he's another of my favourites)?

This post has been edited by BlitzGeneral: 16 Dec 2010, 22:57
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post 16 Dec 2010, 23:04
Post #2

Group:
Member No.:

Warn: (0%) -----

Basilisks and Latruns. That's the best base destroyer.
But if you need advice for a specific challenge just ask, they seem pretty simple to me.

+Quote Post
BlitzGeneral
post 17 Dec 2010, 0:14
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 146

QUOTE (DragonHawk @ 16 Dec 2010, 22:04) *
Basilisks and Latruns. That's the best base destroyer.
But if you need advice for a specific challenge just ask, they seem pretty simple to me.

Granger I think should be fairly simple, but Juhziz has ALWAYS pissed me off, no matter who I play as. His terrorists get the run of me within the first couple of minutes, and it usually ends up as a race against time to even survive against his SCUD. :/

+Quote Post
post 17 Dec 2010, 1:21
Post #4

Group:
Member No.:

Against Granger just spam quads and capture resources first thing in the game; attack right after the superweapon is dropped on the strategy center, it will disable his energy; a bunch of quads will make short work of his remaining aircraft and level the base.
Against Demo first attack just train a couple of rebels their cheaper than his terrorist and let them take the fall, send them in front. Capturing the pumps helps. Build a couple of ground defenses at the two entrances after you cleared the mines and then go with the Basilisks and Latruns offensive; don't forget to take a few radar tanks with you and maybe some quads for support. Best attack the north base first then go for his main. I advise you invest level 3 in cash bounty for this one as resources are scarce at the beginning. Also build two superweapons as quick as you can, to counter his.

+Quote Post
post 17 Dec 2010, 1:22
Post #5

Group:
Member No.:

Pardon my misspelling, it's pretty late.

+Quote Post
Waris
post 17 Dec 2010, 2:19
Post #6

7-tan
Group Icon

Member No.: 24
Headphone Addict

My favourite tactic to counter Demo's SCUD Storm is to Rebel Ambush behind his CC, capture & sell that and the superweapon for shits and giggles.

--------------------
[Sources] CARAT HD-1, Sony E445, Cowon S9
[Amplifiers] PA2V2, Corda XXS, Corda Arietta
[Headphones] Audio Technica ATH-AD900, Beyer DT250-80, Head-Direct RE0, Soundmagic PL50, Koss PortaPro
http://www.last.fm/user/warisz00r
JOIN SWR FORUMS LAST.FM GROUP

+Quote Post
post 17 Dec 2010, 9:07
Post #7

Group:
Member No.:

Ever tried to wait and fire with his own weapon in his base?... And maybe then sell it. But you do have to time it a little because he will attack it. Best thing to do is capture the command center as well and train a peasant so he can repair.

+Quote Post
Waris
post 17 Dec 2010, 9:46
Post #8

7-tan
Group Icon

Member No.: 24
Headphone Addict

His structures are surrounded by base defences so no.

--------------------
[Sources] CARAT HD-1, Sony E445, Cowon S9
[Amplifiers] PA2V2, Corda XXS, Corda Arietta
[Headphones] Audio Technica ATH-AD900, Beyer DT250-80, Head-Direct RE0, Soundmagic PL50, Koss PortaPro
http://www.last.fm/user/warisz00r
JOIN SWR FORUMS LAST.FM GROUP

+Quote Post
post 17 Dec 2010, 18:46
Post #9

Group:
Member No.:

Worth a try.

+Quote Post
nubler
post 11 Dec 2011, 23:23
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 8835

easier done than said:

for gla, a rebel ambush lv1 is your friend

for china:

at the very bottom of the part-circle protecting you see a stinger site and a tunnel network.

load some cheap infantry+ lotus into a chopper and fly them directly to the south
at the edge, turn east and drop the infantry behind the stash, then order them one by one to run south past the stinger
with this distraction, the chopper should make it far enough behind the line to drop lotus.
now feel free capturing stuff.
if feeling edgy, you can always have your chopper led by a second one who draws further fire away or use your lv3 artillery barrage to destroy stinger site+tunnel or at least reduce them to a hole.

for usa/salvage:

similar idea, just have rangers/rebels to do the capturing.
you can also think on bringing also burton, so he destroys the barracks.
with barracks+ storm+center destroyed, you can for added fun put burton on guard in there. keep him as close to the corner though, but make sure that the area where the 3 destroyed buildings were are in his guard zone, so he automatically destroys any scaffold.

if you additionally time the capture of the scud storm so its counter is just a few seconds off from launch, it will endure the fire long enough for you to use it and maybe even sell.

use it to destroy his palace and so basically finish this challenge

the only thing that messes this up is him having flaktanks in his base, but again, this is just a question of timing and therefor if you really want that one scud shot or get in earlier and just disable the scud.

btw: what general are you using?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 10:56