Reply to this topicStart new topic
Squashed Display when running SW, Playing on windows 7
Shadow
post 20 Aug 2011, 14:05
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 494

Hey guys, I apologise if this is a known issue or has already been post multiple times (I did scan the forum) or if it's in the wrong forum...

Anyway when launching SW in full screen mode windows 7 squashes it into the middle of the screen, I can still see everything but there are massive black borders and it isn't full screen.

I'm pretty sure that it's windows 7 related because it's happened to a mate too and didn't happen to us when we used vista.

(I've tried print screening to show you but weirdly it just shows off shockwave as if it were in fully full screen mode...)

I've played around with in game displays and it has no effect it just resizes the screen inside the big black borders.

I'm guessing theres a simple solution to this but I don't know enough and I'm a little scared of messing up my graphics for other games/in general.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: running it in compatibility mode does nothing to change it, I'm already running the game as administrator.

This post has been edited by Shadow: 20 Aug 2011, 14:07
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shock
post 23 Aug 2011, 20:28
Post #2

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

I assume you have a widescreen monitor?

You can edit the resolution manually in the Options.ini file in the My Documents/Zero Hour Data folder.

After you did this though, make sure you do not touch the Options menu in-game. If you have a resolution that is not supported by the menu, it will revert back to whatever resolution is displayed in the options menu after you accept the settings.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 18:46