Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

How to import build list into editor?
UltraLuminal
post 30 Dec 2018, 17:04
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17888

Title says it all. I need to import build list for AI into editor, so I can edit the AI base layout.
I know about that import button. I doesn't do anything. Because we're talking about program from XP era. It simply doesn't work, and if it does, stars are aligned in specific position or something.
The exporting function is confusing as it is. If I click export, I expect dialogue asking me where to export. Nope. The build list tool is piece of art as well. You cannot edit neutral player, fair enough, but why it's default one selected? So every time I do something, I have to be careful about the context. So it wasn't a surprise for me, when I clicked import and…nothing. Again. Expecting dialogue window where I specify, what and from where to import.
I tried everything. Having a valid, previously exported build list file everywhere and nothing worked.
So… Is that button just a pointless button, or is there a way how to actually import build list into that editor, for which developers should receive a death sentence?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
UltraLuminal
post 5 Jan 2019, 18:01
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17888

I will address everything in numbered list, starting from, of course, 0.
0: Well, to be honest, scripts are 99,99% from original RotR AI. I have just increased number of defenses AI build, for example. But at the same time, the number of dozers AI has. Now I’m speaking specifically about Russian AI.
1.0: Yeah, it is. Enhanced mod has different supply collectors. I did like the idea.
1.1: Yes, this is the original team in the AI. But why 20? Can I have more? Where is this limit coming from? Is there a way for another team?
1.2: I did not change this approach much from the original RotR AI. I only give the AI like…half or something. Because, to be honest, it’s not fair to human players. Imagine if you wanted to build SW and did not have the cash, but just…could do it anyway.
2.0: Well, in RotR AI, the AI builds barracks, some powerplants, war factory, in case of USA some of those supply zones, so to be honest, there are plenty buildings there.
2.1: Yes, I know. The problem with maps. This is something I fight all the time. I don’t know, are there even some maps, where you can build large base, which would work? I mean…I got some, sure, but…those are the same ones, which everyone has, I guess.
3: Yeah, I have a lot of unsuitable maps and as stated previously, I just edit them, to be actually playable.
4: Sure, but that means I basically need to design new bases for all sided, including enough power plants, SW and everything. And it will be big. Like…really big. Even though there is not that much in it.

Now some new topics:
5: AI never builds buildings as close to each other as possible. I see why, but…where can I adjust this? Because particularly for the Russians, they need a lot of powerplants (I already adjusted their output), and I’d like to see AI do same thing as I do: build 4 powerplants right on the sides of command center and then just blocks of them around the base.
6: RotR team did some amazing work, and the engine is what’s the problem. So…transition to C&C 3? It would be mod for this game, but with GZH game mechanics. Except building, of course. But multiple SW still possible.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 8:34