IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Supreme Commander 2, Who's side are you on?
SupCom 2
Whose side are you on?
United Earth Federation [ 4 ] ** [28.57%]
The Illuminate [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Cybran Nation [ 7 ] ** [50.00%]
Do we like the Cybran dino?
Yes [ 6 ] ** [42.86%]
No [ 4 ] ** [28.57%]
What dino? [ 4 ] ** [28.57%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
1337FED
post 24 Jun 2009, 18:16
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 165

OK, so the good people from GPG finally anounced it.
Epic E3 Trailer

Personally, I think I'm gonna go with the Cybran's agian, even thoug I hate that dino-thingy's look.
The Cybrans have been my favorite race since the first supcom, I just loved that rapid fire arty.

So who's side are you on? (Explain your choise)

This post has been edited by 1337FED: 24 Jun 2009, 18:17

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alias
post 24 Jun 2009, 18:57
Post #2

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

I'll think I'll just stick with my Total Annihilation/TASpring.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dutchygamer
post 24 Jun 2009, 20:15
Post #3

Frontline Chaos mod leader and creator
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 25
Projects: ROTR Tester
Host of

Cybrans fan here! I love cybernetics and the cool unit designs they have tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 25 Jun 2009, 1:07
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 167

monkeylords! cybran ftw

+Quote Post
ultimentra
post 26 Jun 2009, 2:41
Post #5

^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

The way I am looking at this game is that its not supreme commander 2, though it is another RTS based off the Supreme commander universe that continues the story line. The game is not similar in any fashion, thats not to say the game play is bad though. I am looking forward to it because I believe it will be a great RTS game, but it will not be a sequel in my eyes because the game play is so different.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 26 Jun 2009, 2:48
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

I kind of agree with Ultimentra. The game as described so far feels a little more casual in a way. I will hold my optimism for now until more data is released. At this point it's rather early to even talk about much, as the graphics and models look more like place-holders. As for the topic subject - i'm Iluminaty all the way. Curved shapes, high tech designs, and the amount of conspiracy behind the name Iluminati - just makes them my fav faction ( plus they had the best looking chicks in sup com 1 tongue.gif ).

This post has been edited by Anubis: 26 Jun 2009, 2:48

+Quote Post
CommanderJB
post 26 Jun 2009, 5:24
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Projects: ROTR Dev Team

I was very impressed by the actual graphical technology on display in the gameplay videos released at E3; it's and distinctive definite visual step up over its predecessors. I was not, however, at all keen on the Fatboy - how could they butcher such an awesome and powerful-looking unit that said 'I MEAN BUSINESS' by virtue of its eight giant treads crushing your army while the guns take out bases at a time into something that looked like it belonged in a playpen? While I don't object to a bit of redesign work, to completely change the looks of an iconic unit is simply not on IMO. The unit cannon also left me a little surprised; it's hardly the conventional tech that characterises the UEF.
The Cybran Zilla (so named according to Chris Taylor) was my other pet hate. The Monkeylord was a spider robot, not a robot spider, as daft as that may sound. By this I mean that it was easily distinguishable as the heavy and hard-angled machinery that the Cybrans make a business out of, and not as a strange and impractical replication of a real creature. The Zilla, on the other hand, is a robot dinosaur and not a dinosaur robot. It is far too close to what its design basis is, and the firebreathing is something that IMO just had to come from Square Enix.
(For those of you who clicked 'What Dino?', it's this dino:
)
As for my team of choice, I pretty much always play as the Terrans when I can in games like this, so the UEF were my natural choice, followed by the Cybrans. I just love the way the UEF takes real, quite practical designs and twists them something to three times the backside-kicking awesomeness. At first I barely used the Fatboy at all, but I came to love its sheer power and versatility; equally, the Mavor is just unmatched, and even the UEF Battleship has a much better feel to it than either of the others from my perspective.

This post has been edited by CommanderJB: 26 Jun 2009, 5:26

--------------------

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 26 Jun 2009, 14:33
Post #8

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

Fatboy - eight giant treads

I am really sure the Fatboy have 16 giant threads, 4 per "corner" of the unit, but yeah, the fatboy wasnt a combat unit like the new one is, the fatboy characteristic is how it was a whole base by itself(but the new fatboy is a "mini"experimental so maybe a unit similar to the old one isback as a normal experimental)

the Monkeylord is not back as far as we know, the Megalith is, this time more similar to the monkeylord than the old megalith

the dinosaur still is kinda a "what the fuck?" to me, cybrans were about insect and aracnid, not about giant dinos, it would be better in a new faction or something(than, reading part of the story the reveled looks like QAI is still around, i will not surpraise if he is a 4º faction)

But hey, now the "mavor" build and launch unit to the battle

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nix
post 27 Jun 2009, 7:24
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 78

Does anyone know how modable it is?

If they are truly working on performance, and it's modable, and has no DRM or phone home bullshit, then I may actually consider getting it.

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 27 Jun 2009, 7:40
Post #10

Group Icon

at this point Supreme Commander 2 is at pre alpha stages nowhere near done at all so no1 can tell right now. the first one was mod able to a certain extent. most likely this one is too and if you think about it nowadays it really depends on how mod able a game is which is why half life 2 is so popular cause even the engine itself is mod able. so this will be a most likely

+Quote Post
Nix
post 27 Jun 2009, 19:38
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r @ 27 Jun 2009, 4:40) *
at this point Supreme Commander 2 is at pre alpha stages nowhere near done at all so no1 can tell right now. the first one was mod able to a certain extent. most likely this one is too and if you think about it nowadays it really depends on how mod able a game is which is why half life 2 is so popular cause even the engine itself is mod able. so this will be a most likely

Sadly, companies are not as logical as you may think. Red Alert 3 and Dawn of War 2 are examples of huge steps back in terms of modability.

+Quote Post
Sargeant Rho
post 27 Jun 2009, 19:49
Post #12

Cranium Ventilator in chief
Group Icon

Member No.: 42

Red Alert 3? Are you insane? Just because in need a Mod SDK, just like CnC3?

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 27 Jun 2009, 20:02
Post #13

Group Icon

red alert 3 supports mods bttr than generals considering it has its own mod launcher build into its own launcher

+Quote Post
Alias
post 28 Jun 2009, 2:04
Post #14

Cool Guy
Group Icon

QUOTE (C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r @ 28 Jun 2009, 2:02) *
red alert 3 supports mods bttr than generals considering it has its own mod launcher build into its own launcher
And you need to go through 15 kilometres of red tape to actually get anywhere...
With Generals it's pick up and go. You can place a few files in a few folders and it works. Red Alert 3 has all the compiling bullshit that C&C3 had.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sargeant Rho
post 28 Jun 2009, 4:20
Post #15

Cranium Ventilator in chief
Group Icon

Member No.: 42

"And you need to go through 15 kilometres of red tape to actually get anywhere..."

All you need to do is download and install the SDK, and you're ready to go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nix
post 28 Jun 2009, 6:07
Post #16

Group Icon

You are still forced to rely upon something that shouldn't necessary.

Just consider how long after RA3 was released people had to wait before they could truly mod it. Do I really need to explain why it is not desirable to have to rely on EA for bugfixes, content releases and improved features?

*edit* I just realized we are getting waaaaay off topic. This will be my last post concerning modding in this thread, unless it directly applies to SupCom2

This post has been edited by Nix: 28 Jun 2009, 6:08

+Quote Post
beefJeRKy
post 28 Jun 2009, 11:01
Post #17

Formerly Scopejim
Group Icon

Member No.: 38
Electronics Engineer

RA3's code is much more optimized though. Any mods on its engine will likely be much more stable, and once you have a basic mod structure, further changes to your mod should be easy.

+Quote Post
JJ
post 28 Jun 2009, 11:04
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 65
Projects: SWR Productions

Not to mention the amount of stuff you have to download considering art packs and what-not. Hundreds of MBs godamnit! Not everyone has the luxury of good internet. And most of those MBs are from game files which could easily be extractable had the assets been made to be easily accessible.

Just to make this post not that off-topic, I have no experience with SupCom whatsoever. I heard people say it's good, and that's all. Most likely not getting it. One point I agree with is that making an iconic unit totally different functionality-wise is just wrong.

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 28 Jun 2009, 14:45
Post #19

BANNED
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nix @ 28 Jun 2009, 4:07) *
You are still forced to rely upon something that shouldn't necessary.

Just consider how long after RA3 was released people had to wait before they could truly mod it. Do I really need to explain why it is not desirable to have to rely on EA for bugfixes, content releases and improved features?

By that logic the holy grial of mods (HL2) is as bad as RA3

ANYWAY, I am really sure it will be good modeable, at least to add new factions or total conversions, this was already possible in Sup Com 1, wasnt it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
1337FED
post 4 Jul 2009, 17:11
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 165

Wow, we are going WAAAY off-topic here people.

But i've always loved the cybrans. Everything just looked awesome, their T3 artillery, their rapid-fire arty, the monkeylord. Awesomeness.

I think they should stay with their insect-like looks, it looked great and functional. If I have to name one thing about them I don't like, it has to be the lack of T3 shielding, it requires you to build a T2 shield and upgrade it all the way to a still inferior shield. I just hated it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommanderJB
post 4 Jul 2009, 17:29
Post #21

Group Icon

I thought the final Cybran tier shield was larger than its UEF/Aeon equivalent?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 4 Jul 2009, 17:58
Post #22

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

ARM ftw

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 4 Jul 2009, 18:04
Post #23

Cool Guy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Overdose @ 4 Jul 2009, 23:58) *
ARM ftw
CORE are so much more awesome.
Krogoth. aw.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 4 Jul 2009, 19:07
Post #24

BANNED
Group Icon

QUOTE (CommanderJB @ 4 Jul 2009, 15:29) *
I thought the final Cybran tier shield was larger than its UEF/Aeon equivalent?

IIRC its actually the smallest but the most cheaper, UEF is the biggest

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommanderJB
post 4 Jul 2009, 19:22
Post #25

Group Icon

Guess I need to play Cybran more, then. In that case I agree - it might be cheap but it takes forever and a half to upgrade to the final level.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 May 2024 - 14:21