IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2.0 Generals Discussion, Since the full version of 1.87 is going to be coming soon.
Gameman112358
post 21 Dec 2016, 10:19
Post #51

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11944

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 21 Dec 2016, 0:50) *
Could been even worse.......like nuclear buggy with AOE.

BTW,

Mau seems to be the Chinese general that actually need precision and babysitting to use. He's the one whose forces are more expensive and have more chance of getting friendly fire than everyone else due to the destructive nature of WMDs. What can be used against the enemy can also be used against you, so think twice before recklessly blowing everything up.

Jin on the other hand, looks like will be the one who love playing safe and secured. As for Chen, like he would even care. MOAR is the only answer.

Nuclear Buggy with AOE? Let Nukeneers fire out of fire port vehicles. Same thing. XD

Yeah, Mau will definitely be the one that requires more attention, rather than clicking the unit icons and rallying them to the enemy base. As I said, I've had plenty of incidents where my units get blown up by my own nuclear and napalm weapons simply because either they drop units into the middle of my army (GLA ambush, Paradrops, etc), or some super fast units got in the middle of my blob. In either case, my *Insert WMD artillery here* fires at said units, which blows up my entire army. Needless to say, I get super pissed. But if you can avoid said incidents, Mau will definitely be a very potent general, given the heavy focus on EMP, Napalm, and Nuclear weapons (One disables, one burns, and one destroys everything. That's a deadly combo right there.)

Jin will probably be much stronger than I thought. Out of all the Subversive generals, he might actually require a little less attention than other Subversive generals like Thorn, mainly because of his focus around support and hacking. He has the spammability known to China, but he is able to back up that spammability with much more effective propaganda support(Propaganda Airship being an example), making his hordes of troops go into a powerful frenzy where each one will do a lot more damage. Combine with China's numbers, more hacking support, extra ECM support, and a (possibly) better infantry corps, you've got a very strong general right there.

How I see it: All the generals use the Chinese Horde tactic at some point, it's just a matter of how. Mau would probably use his WMDs to obliterate most of his opposition, then send in the Horde to finish them off. Chen takes the Chinese Horde, multiplies it by x100, then throws it at the enemy. He makes the horde THE tactic of choice when playing him (along with some other stuff like Helixes and other cool toys). While Jin's Horde won't be as big as Chen's (Obviously), his horde will be the one that can put out the most damage, simply because propaganda support and some other stuff. (Those speaker towers are already very potent; large AOE healing+ROF buff makes large groups of units very powerful. If Jin does get a more powerful version of the current propaganda support, his horde will be the one that can do the most damage for each individual unit, I think.)

This post has been edited by Gameman112358: 21 Dec 2016, 10:25
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 21 Dec 2016, 19:07
Post #52

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

A propaganda better than subliminal messaging isn't codable sadly, otherwise Jin would totally get that; and no, Subliminal Messaging will be available for anyone in case you think it's exclusive for Jin. What Jin does get in terms of exclusive upgradery, wait and see, but you will agree that it fits him.

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 21 Dec 2016, 21:34
Post #53

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 21 Dec 2016, 10:07) *
A propaganda better than subliminal messaging isn't codable sadly, otherwise Jin would totally get that; and no, Subliminal Messaging will be available for anyone in case you think it's exclusive for Jin. What Jin does get in terms of exclusive upgradery, wait and see, but you will agree that it fits him.

Aww. I was hoping General Jin gets better propaganda. Oh well. What I was thinking was that Jin gets Subliminal Messaging by default(Chen and Mau still have to pay for the upgrade), and then gets a new upgrade that takes it up even further. If that can't be coded in, I understand completely, but it is a bummer still.

Now you've gotten me curious on what exclusive upgrades Jin is getting. His tactics seem to consist of supporting his hordes with powerful propaganda(Propaganda Airship for example), using electronic warfare to disrupt enemy attacks(Banshee ECM and possibly some hacking units similar to Black Lotus, less powerful of course), battlefield awareness via hacking the enemy (Radio Intercepts). I would imagine he gets upgrades to his ECM capabilities, as well as maybe getting upgrades that allow his units to hack enemy communications a la Radio Station Communication Disruption. But those are just a few ideas on what upgrades Jin will be getting.

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 22 Dec 2016, 0:14
Post #54

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

ECM Jammer Tower upgrade is exclusive to JIN

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 21 Dec 2016, 23:44
Post #55

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (Emin96 @ 22 Dec 2016, 0:14) *
ECM Jammer Tower upgrade is exclusive to JIN

Nope

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Die Hindenburg
post 22 Dec 2016, 3:15
Post #56

Group Icon

Member No.: 10025

2.0,: vanilla ZH factions upgrades,will they be general specific? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 22 Dec 2016, 3:31
Post #57

Group Icon

QUOTE (Die Hindenburg @ 21 Dec 2016, 18:15) *
2.0,: vanilla ZH factions upgrades,will they be general specific? tongue.gif

I doubt they're gonna bring in more ZH faction upgrades; they already took a few (stealth comanches for example), and some of them IMO were pretty goddamned ridiculous and OP from some standpoints. For example, I would not want Battlemasters to get their autoloader upgrade back, and I certainly don't want Tactical Nuke MiGs to make a return, simply because if they do (And that's a big if), they're gonna go to Mau, who is already over the top nuclear already. Anthrax Gamma is another example; an anti-infantry weapon turned anti-tank weapon? Too much IMO.

The ZH upgrades they did integrate into ROTR are, yes, going to be general specific in a lot of cases I think (stealth comanches, and comanches in general, go to Griffon only. No one else).

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 22 Dec 2016, 6:31
Post #58

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

Mig nuclear bombers... hm why not. We already have nuclear Hans. Thats will be cool. It also be cool to see some new alternative Global Upgrade from Insustrial Plant (instead of global price decrease) for some Russian general (Aleksander for example). This could be purchaseable upgrade which will increase armorstats firepower and range of all Russian units.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 22 Dec 2016, 7:51
Post #59

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

I am sure Autoloader will be back for Chen, which would fit him as it would be a good alternative to using Overlords. Unless the plan is scrapped.

Nuke Migs probably won't happen for obvious reasons. Beside, Mau won't even use interceptor mig but a fictional jet based on the J20.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 22 Dec 2016, 7:52

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 22 Dec 2016, 10:03
Post #60

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 21 Dec 2016, 22:51) *
I am sure Autoloader will be back for Chen, which would fit him as it would be a good alternative to using Overlords. Unless the plan is scrapped.

Nuke Migs probably won't happen for obvious reasons. Beside, Mau won't even use interceptor mig but a fictional jet based on the J20.

I sorta doubt that Chen will get Autoloaders back; he is the spammy faction after all. Giving Battlemasters access to the Autoloader upgrade again would probably be pretty horrific, given that Battlemaster tanks in ROTR are tanks that you can easily produce en masse. Huge cluster of Battlemasters +Horde Bonus + Autoloaders = lol. I could be completely wrong though and he does get Autoloaders in some way or form.

I have no idea if Mau is still going to get a new jet to use over the interceptor MiG, or if that plan has been thrown out the window. On that note, I'm not sure if Mau is still going to use Hellfire MiGs or if he's getting a replacement for that too. Would be interesting if he did get a replacement for Hellfire MiGs though.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 22 Dec 2016, 11:01
Post #61

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 22 Dec 2016, 7:51) *
Beside, Mau won't even use interceptor mig but a fictional jet based on the J20.

QUOTE (Gameman112358 @ 22 Dec 2016, 10:03) *
On that note, I'm not sure if Mau is still going to use Hellfire MiGs or if he's getting a replacement for that too. Would be interesting if he did get a replacement for Hellfire MiGs though.

He won't.

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 23 Dec 2016, 10:11
Post #62

Group Icon

So General Mau will be using regular Hellfires and Interceptors. Good to know.

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 23 Dec 2016, 10:59
Post #63

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

1-All ECA generals will have the 3 protocols?
2-Paladin will replace crusader?
3-all generals will have a experimental and or exclusive unit(s) not buildeable on vanilla factions?
4-All generals will have all weapons?, for example the airforce general will be unable to build tanks.
5-the air mobility from russia general can start with helipad?
6-Tactical ballistics general can build infinite ICBMs?
7-all generals will have the same SW?
8-what type of GP will use Bradley general?
9-angry mobs only be buildeable as Terror Cell general?
10-and terrorist too?
11-All eca generals can build howitzers?
12-why USA need T1 to build crusader MBT when they have a tank general?
13-all russia generals can change the Boris weapon?
14-What generals will use the Overlord?
15-and the shenlong?
16-if i choose a general, will be permanent?
17-what general will use the nuke cannon?
18-and the ECM?
19-is there apossibility to make the T2 China recycler move to other unit? because china will not build twingfangs to counter GLA, not the GP air force of course.
20-is there a possibility to reveal the exact time when the next version will be released?

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 23 Dec 2016, 11:11
Post #64

Group Icon

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 23 Dec 2016, 10:59) *
1-All ECA generals will have the 3 protocols?
Yes
2-Paladin will replace crusader?
No
3-all generals will have a experimental and or exclusive unit(s) not buildeable on vanilla factions?
There will be no vanilla factions in 2.0
4-All generals will have all weapons?, for example the airforce general will be unable to build tanks.
Hell yeah !
5-the air mobility from russia general can start with helipad?
No
6-Tactical ballistics general can build infinite ICBMs?
He will be the only one to get ICBMs.
7-all generals will have the same SW?
Yes
8-what type of GP will use Bradley general?
An unique (unrevealed) R1 GP, and Tank drop at R3
9-angry mobs only be buildeable as Terror Cell general?
Yes
10-and terrorist too?
Yes
11-All eca generals can build howitzers?
Yes
12-why USA need T1 to build crusader MBT when they have a tank general?
Because Crusader is way too powerful for t0
13-all russia generals can change the Boris weapon?
Yes
14-What generals will use the Overlord?
General Chen
15-and the shenlong?
General Mau
16-if i choose a general, will be permanent?
For the duration of the match yes
17-what general will use the nuke cannon?
General Mau
18-and the ECM?
The ECM tank is Jin-exclusive
19-is there apossibility to make the T2 China recycler move to other unit? because china will not build twingfangs to counter GLA, not the GP air force of course.
In 2.0, all generals will have T2 units aside Twin Fang.
20-is there a possibility to reveal the exact time when the next version will be released?
Read the fucking forum rules.

This post has been edited by Maelstrom: 23 Dec 2016, 11:20

--------------------

+Quote Post
M01
post 23 Dec 2016, 11:32
Post #65

Group Icon

Member No.: 10658
Yo buddy... Still Alive?

^
Hell yeah !

WUT?? I thought even Griffon can build tanks??

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 23 Dec 2016, 11:42
Post #66

Group Icon

I think ZunZero was asking if all of the generals are going to have their standard faction's arsenal at their disposal alongside their unique arsenal (E.g. Griffin can build regular tanks, Bradley can build regular aircraft, stuff like that). And Maelstrom said yes, all generals will have access to their faction's standard arsenal. Griffon can build tanks, don't worry, the devs will only add new things to the subfaction generals. They won't be taking any capabilities away from them. (E.g Griffon can still build tanks, Orlov still has Russia's heavy tanks, etc.)

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 23 Dec 2016, 11:48
Post #67

Group Icon

QUOTE (M01 @ 23 Dec 2016, 11:32) *
^
Hell yeah !

WUT?? I thought even Griffon can build tanks??

Clarification: ALL generals will be able to build tanks. No exception.
There will be no bullshit like "X general can't build tanks, Y general can't build artillery".

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 23 Dec 2016, 13:22
Post #68

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

I hope Bradley get more marine units. Sure the Vanguard and Javelin are marines, but they're generic ones instead of his own exclusive.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 23 Dec 2016, 13:23

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 23 Dec 2016, 15:43
Post #69

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

People, I explained how 2.0 works literally one page ago. Read the thread before asking questions that have already been answered, possibly multiple times.

+Quote Post
Purple
post 24 Dec 2016, 2:54
Post #70

Group Icon

Member No.: 13498

If the ECM tank is going to be exclusive does the same apply to the ECM upgrade for speaker towers?

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:
- Aggressive amounts of micromanagement.
- Superweapon whack-a-mole.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 24 Dec 2016, 6:04
Post #71

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Yes. All ECM related stuff is for jin

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 24 Dec 2016, 12:14
Post #72

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 24 Dec 2016, 6:04) *
Yes. All ECM related stuff is for jin

Said nobody ever. ECM Tank being Jin-exclusive =/= ECM Tech being Jin-exclusive.

+Quote Post
Lars
post 24 Dec 2016, 16:41
Post #73

Group Icon

Member No.: 13358

Quick question about 2.0 since we're already talking about it anyway. (And I'm pretty sure this isn't fishing but do forgive me if it is) I replayed through the story missions for Generals and ZH recently and it got me thinking. Can you guys give us an idea of what kind of difficulty we can expect from your future campaign missions? Personally I thought the original campaign was a little on the easy side even on brutal/hard (Which I guess is to be expected considering technical limitations back in release, not that I would know anything of it) although some missions did get me excited; The one where you have to avenge a UN ambassador in particular took me by surprise.

This post has been edited by Lars: 24 Dec 2016, 16:42

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 24 Dec 2016, 17:46
Post #74

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

The first mission of USA you start up with a full base and then it explodes and becomes a european base, your faction is called the ECA even if everything you have is pretty much american by design.

Oh wait....wrong design sheets I Thought you ment generals 2 not ROTR 2.0

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 24 Dec 2016, 18:52
Post #75

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

We will try to make them challenging but not stupidly hard. Of course it depends on a variety of factors, so no promises.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 11:03