Gla mercenary runner is iron man:/
LordOFcNc
post 5 Oct 2015, 16:20
Post #1

Eng
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11959

Thanks for your last update if the game it was superb but the test building is unfair and not good because you guys kept downgraded russia as you increase there armory cost and not much of damage improvement and forgetting about other factions such as GLA ! I player with someone who's gla player and at the beginning he usually rushed with slaves so imy bo should barracks then power to kill his slaves first but what shock me really that he is now creating those crazy running mercenaries with knife and they are really powerful cuz they have tough armor than a GLA cycle and holy shit they run very very fast even faster than eca dog ! The gla mercenary came cross my kashtan and the tower stated to spinning up, I couldn't believe he stands longer enough than the gla cycle! Guys you should keep your eyes on gla the next update and please decrease the mercenary movement and make him like any other unit who dies normaly not like iron man:/ tesla trooper with his high armor if the kashtan started attacking him he dies about 4 sec but the gla mercenary took about 7 seconds to die :/ i hope you balance the factions cuz gla is over powered ani8b.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 5 Oct 2015, 17:49
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 10285

QUOTE (Mohammed @ 5 Oct 2015, 11:20) *
Thanks for your last update if the game it was superb but the test building is unfair and not good because you guys kept downgraded russia as you increase there armory cost and not much of damage improvement and forgetting about other factions such as GLA ! I player with someone who's gla player and at the beginning he usually rushed with slaves so imy bo should barracks then power to kill his slaves first but what shock me really that he is now creating those crazy running mercenaries with knife and they are really powerful cuz they have tough armor than a GLA cycle and holy shit they run very very fast even faster than eca dog ! The gla mercenary came cross my kashtan and the tower stated to spinning up, I couldn't believe he stands longer enough than the gla cycle! Guys you should keep your eyes on gla the next update and please decrease the mercenary movement and make him like any other unit who dies normaly not like iron man:/ tesla trooper with his high armor if the kashtan started attacking him he dies about 4 sec but the gla mercenary took about 7 seconds to die :/ i hope you balance the factions cuz gla is over powered ani8b.gif

Firstly: Holy Hard-To-Read Block of Text, Batman!
Secondly: Russia vs GLA Mercenary Runner counters = BMP (can also transport and protect infantry), Tunguska, Tesla anything, Burratino, Hellions, Hunchbacks, Hinds, Msta, and simply putting anti-infantry troops in a garrison

+Quote Post
Zion
post 5 Oct 2015, 18:59
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

I do agree that those guys are tough (especially when spammed).... ive had this problem china early game where you have to spam red guards or you lose to GLA early rush.. and the guy pooped a few of those runners.. and they just slice through infantry.. and run around getting shot like zombies.. and not dying..

But i don't think this is broken... because you can counter those with china infantry spam (double barracks) or tanks.. plus if the guy is camping a china barracks.. mine it..

but i don't know about other factions..

I wouldn't mind like a very very slight speed reduction... get it at the eca dog level... that would be good

+Quote Post
Damfoos
post 5 Oct 2015, 19:10
Post #4

"Ha! I could do this with my eyes closed!"
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10686
Russian translator

QUOTE (Zion @ 5 Oct 2015, 21:59) *
I wouldn't mind like a very very slight speed reduction... get it at the eca dog level... that would be good

I support this idea, I know realism isn't a priority in ROTR, but damn, these guys are incredibly fast biggrin.gif

--------------------

ROTR 1.86 RUS | ShockWave 1.2 RUS | Operation:Firestorm RUS
ROTR VK Fan Group => ROTR.VK <= Группа ROTR ВКонтакте

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 5 Oct 2015, 19:49
Post #5

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

What other things can the merc runners do? Nothing...
They loose functionality pretty fast. YOu dont see them being used except for the first early game phase.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Grim Tuesday
post 5 Oct 2015, 21:19
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 11257

Btw, is a mercenery runner spam against mirror GLA a thing?

--------------------

No technique is forbidden.

+Quote Post
Grim Tuesday
post 5 Oct 2015, 21:21
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mizo @ 5 Oct 2015, 20:49) *
What other things can the merc runners do? Nothing...
They loose functionality pretty fast. YOu dont see them being used except for the first early game phase.

Yep yep.

They should get some reaaaally loud taunt so you can move them with buggies around map and laugh into opponent face!! screwyou.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 5 Oct 2015, 21:43
Post #8

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (Grim Tuesday @ 5 Oct 2015, 22:19) *
Btw, is a mercenery runner spam against mirror GLA a thing?

It can be. Its incredibly devastating to a gla player if they dont prepare. That said, just have 1 technical and they'll all die.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 5 Oct 2015, 21:43
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Yes, the Runner behaves like a frenzied zombie in desperate need of meat. tongue.gif

I also think it would be good to better adjust the speed in order to reverse this; in some cases you infiltrates them in a enemy blob of units and the side effect of artillery attack in defense mode can cause a lot of damage.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 5 Oct 2015, 21:48

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 5 Oct 2015, 22:50
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

I still feel like Runners need something extra, because as far as I can see, they become obsolete fairly quickly, which is very rarely a case for most of the units we have.

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
LordOFcNc
post 5 Oct 2015, 23:03
Post #11

Eng
Group Icon

i swear these runners like iron shining armor the kashtan tower couldnt stopped them at once cuz it keeps spinning its cannons for 7 or 8 sec and they couldnt die compare it to tesla trooper they die about 5 sec if the kashtan tower spins ! keep in my the runners mercenaries are naked and the stands all these shots tongue.gif the tesla trooper with all its heavy armor dies quicker than the runner .... how you call this balance ? the fellow who is working in ROTR should really balanced well ... i am a Russian player and the last pre release is unbalanced cuz the miner has no guns, air ship crocodile the cost increased, even the scout unit it cannot crush enemy infantry why ??????? at least make it a transporter without upgrading and when its upgraded it can be a gunner. The GLA buggies are hell of crappy when its spammed cuz it has a very long range and do a great damage so i really recommend the next test build and the upcomming patch should be taken care of GLA factions they're over over overpowered !!!!!! runners :/ buggies :/ quads :/ slave spams :/ many things ...

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 5 Oct 2015, 23:42
Post #12

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

I bet they will change re-balance with Mercenary Runner's bullet immune ability(when they arm with machete) or not gonna change.

As far know about GLA, they don't pretty much OP than other factions.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
LordOFcNc
post 6 Oct 2015, 0:05
Post #13

Eng
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr.Kim @ 6 Oct 2015, 1:42) *
I bet they will change re-balance with Mercenary Runner's bullet immune ability(when they arm with machete) or not gonna change.

As far know about GLA, they don't pretty much OP than other factions.

Okey if it so what you said how can you stop a GLA rusher who rushes you with 4 slaves along with mercenary runner? While your using russia and your miner doesnt equiped with gun ???? You cant ofcourse because if you build baracks and build conscript he will kill you immediately

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 6 Oct 2015, 5:13
Post #14

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

To all the people saying theyre op. Just get one anti-inf vehicle.
They cant kill it, even in a garrison with the shotty

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!

+Quote Post
Grim Tuesday
post 6 Oct 2015, 5:38
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 5 Oct 2015, 23:50) *
I still feel like Runners need something extra, because as far as I can see, they become obsolete fairly quickly, which is very rarely a case for most of the units we have.

"They should get some reaaaally loud taunt so you can move them with buggies around map and laugh into opponent face!!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Arc
post 6 Oct 2015, 7:18
Post #16

"Filthy" Casual
Group Icon

Member No.: 10666
One does not simply suggest ideas to SWR.

...miners have no guns...

Maybe have the Russian Supply Truck have the machine gun pre-assault armaments?

+Quote Post
LordOFcNc
post 6 Oct 2015, 9:03
Post #17

Eng
Group Icon

The miners should have its gun cuz in RA2 the soviet faction their miners were a gunner back in time and today's technology the russian miners must have its gun already installed same as before patches, or at least make the machine gun upgrade able within the miner it self, example if you have a miner you can click on a machines icon that builds the machine gun and it cost you 300$ per miner. Thats what I call fair cuz i put upgrade able cannon within the miner so if any GLA rusher comes eoth slaves or runners i can now have a chance to stop him not till i build wepon bunker until i get my ass kicked. Russia should be rebalanced people dry.gif

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 6 Oct 2015, 9:31
Post #18

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Before I take your arguement to account I want to be nice and take the time to ask if you play on 10k.

The games generally balenced for 10k starts and In pvp most of the points you made are invalid.

So I wanted to ask what sort of games do you play and do you pvp?

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 6 Oct 2015, 9:49
Post #19

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Grim Tuesday @ 6 Oct 2015, 6:38) *
"They should get some reaaaally loud taunt so you can move them with buggies around map and laugh into opponent face!!"

omg please

QUOTE (Arc @ 6 Oct 2015, 8:18) *
Maybe have the Russian Supply Truck have the machine gun pre-assault armaments?

Nah, what they have now is way nicer to work with. Just have some conscripts ready to defend them and you can take most early game issues.

QUOTE (Mohammed @ 6 Oct 2015, 10:03) *
The miners should have its gun cuz in RA2 the soviet faction their miners were a gunner back in time and today's technology the russian miners must have its gun already installed same as before patches, or at least make the machine gun upgrade able within the miner it self, example if you have a miner you can click on a machines icon that builds the machine gun and it cost you 300$ per miner. Thats what I call fair cuz i put upgrade able cannon within the miner so if any GLA rusher comes eoth slaves or runners i can now have a chance to stop him not till i build wepon bunker until i get my ass kicked. Russia should be rebalanced people dry.gif

Ill take the bait.
First off, the Red Alert Soviets and anything in ROTR are not in the same universe.
Just because it was in RA2 does not mean it should be a copy in ROTR. So all your rant about the gun being there back in time is 100% irrelevant.

Having a side-grade for the gun is silly because its an economic nurf to Russia. The global upgrade is cheaper and considering how much better the gun is (plus smokes) its an overall huge buff to Russia's defense midgame.
As for dealing with GLA, why are you using supply collectors when you should be using BMPs or tanks? BMPs are cheaper and 100X better anyway.

As Bruce says, I'm curious what mode you play on, because this suggestion screams beginner.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LordOFcNc
post 6 Oct 2015, 12:08
Post #20

Eng
Group Icon

QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 6 Oct 2015, 11:49) *
omg please

Nah, what they have now is way nicer to work with. Just have some conscripts ready to defend them and you can take most early game issues.

Ill take the bait.
First off, the Red Alert Soviets and anything in ROTR are not in the same universe.
Just because it was in RA2 does not mean it should be a copy in ROTR. So all your rant about the gun being there back in time is 100% irrelevant.

Having a side-grade for the gun is silly because its an economic nurf to Russia. The global upgrade is cheaper and considering how much better the gun is (plus smokes) its an overall huge buff to Russia's defense midgame.
As for dealing with GLA, why are you using supply collectors when you should be using BMPs or tanks? BMPs are cheaper and 100X better anyway.

As Bruce says, I'm curious what mode you play on, because this suggestion screams beginner.

I play on 10k a rush game and the problem is with GLA slaves along with runners you cant stop them at the very beginning of the game cuz if you build 5 consicript 1 runner will cut into pieces and slaves will build tunnels and defences but if you have the miners gun at the beginning you can send it at the moment you build the supply to kill those slaves and runners

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 6 Oct 2015, 12:19
Post #21

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mohammed @ 6 Oct 2015, 12:08) *
I play on 10k a rush game and the problem is with GLA slaves along with runners you cant stop them at the very beginning of the game cuz if you build 5 consicript 1 runner will cut into pieces and slaves will build tunnels and defences but if you have the miners gun at the beginning you can send it at the moment you build the supply to kill those slaves and runners

so get a mishka to scout where they are and just get a bmp asap to pick off the runner. sure, they might build a dushka or a tunnel. You have Kodiaks. A Kodiak WILL kill a dushka in a 1v1, so get that to kill whatever they build.
It's basic unit countering.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LordOFcNc
post 6 Oct 2015, 13:25
Post #22

Eng
Group Icon

QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 6 Oct 2015, 14:19) *
so get a mishka to scout where they are and just get a bmp asap to pick off the runner. sure, they might build a dushka or a tunnel. You have Kodiaks. A Kodiak WILL kill a dushka in a 1v1, so get that to kill whatever they build.

Thanks for the tip i'll give it a try serious.gif by the way will you people improve russia in the next update ??? Cuz i think kodiak tank cost 1400 us a hell of expensive while the battlemster i think its better and cost only 800

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 6 Oct 2015, 13:34
Post #23

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Member No.: 10225

GLA Mercenary runners are doing their job. The counter is any anti infantry vehicle typically or defense.

If you are China Red Guard spam with bayonets can do wonders. Gatling tanks too, and mines should be one of your most prioritized purchases when in matches against the GLA as China; both for mercenaries running up to your trucks and for terror rushes. As for using GLA Mercenaries against China, hitting supply trucks, and taking out stuff like minigunner teams, disruptor teams and any potent individual infantry like pyros.

America has helicopters; and whilst the GLA mercenary runner can do well against certain infantry its not really advised against America at all with the exception of running up to Firebases and clearing them out.

ECA has guard towers, dogs and other stuff. Mercenary Runners become useful later on in the game when you are dealing with Grenadiers, as they can run right up to the Grenadier and slice him down. If you're being rushed in the first tier as ECA by a GLA player you're doing it wrong; that should not happen. There is way too many tools at an ECA player's disposal for preventing early game rushes.

GLA has Dushka nests, technicals and Qaud cannons to counter Runners. The main risk here is for the GLA, because GLA mirror matches is where the Mercenary Runner truly shines as he outperforms dogs by far; being far more endurable and able to slice down workers like no one's business. And later on they can be massed and used for slicing down Stinger sites and potentially even Dushkas; though its likely going to result in a good number of them getting killed.

Russians have Tunguskas and BMP's; and Kashtans shouldn't be spammed earlygame anyways, just like 1 and max 2 near your supplies to kill technical rushes or American air attacks. When using Mercenary Runners against Russia, taking out conscripts for technical rushes and just generally being a distraction can work; but again its not as brutal as GLA vs GLA matches.

The GLA Mercenary Runner has many viable counters. He's meant to be a buff strongman who can take some serious damage before going down; that's the whole terrifying point about Mercenary Runners is that they are psychotic machete wielding murderers coming to chop your meat.

Chopping dat meat!

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 6 Oct 2015, 13:40

--------------------

+Quote Post
LordOFcNc
post 6 Oct 2015, 13:45
Post #24

Eng
Group Icon

QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 6 Oct 2015, 14:19) *

Why dont Mishka crush light infantry??? Its a vehicle right

+Quote Post
LordOFcNc
post 6 Oct 2015, 13:49
Post #25

Eng
Group Icon

QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 6 Oct 2015, 15:34) *
GLA Mercenary runners are doing their job. The counter is any anti infantry vehicle typically or defense.

If you are China Red Guard spam with bayonets can do wonders. Gatling tanks too, and mines should be one of your most prioritized purchases when in matches against the GLA as China; both for mercenaries running up to your trucks and for terror rushes. As for using GLA Mercenaries against China, hitting supply trucks, and taking out stuff like minigunner teams, disruptor teams and any potent individual infantry like pyros.

America has helicopters; and whilst the GLA mercenary runner can do well against certain infantry its not really advised against America at all with the exception of running up to Firebases and clearing them out.

ECA has guard towers, dogs and other stuff. Mercenary Runners become useful later on in the game when you are dealing with Grenadiers, as they can run right up to the Grenadier and slice him down. If you're being rushed in the first tier as ECA by a GLA player you're doing it wrong; that should not happen. There is way too many tools at an ECA player's disposal for preventing early game rushes.

GLA has Dushka nests, technicals and Qaud cannons to counter Runners. The main risk here is for the GLA, because GLA mirror matches is where the Mercenary Runner truly shines as he outperforms dogs by far; being far more endurable and able to slice down workers like no one's business. And later on they can be massed and used for slicing down Stinger sites and potentially even Dushkas; though its likely going to result in a good number of them getting killed.

Russians have Tunguskas and BMP's; and Kashtans shouldn't be spammed earlygame anyways, just like 1 and max 2 near your supplies to kill technical rushes or American air attacks. When using Mercenary Runners against Russia, taking out conscripts for technical rushes and just generally being a distraction can work; but again its not as brutal as GLA vs GLA matches.

The GLA Mercenary Runner has many viable counters. He's meant to be a buff strongman who can take some serious damage before going down; that's the whole terrifying point about Mercenary Runners is that they are psychotic machete wielding murderers coming to chop your meat.

Chopping dat meat!

Don't forget that they're very super fast as for infantry unit and they matchs the dog's speed, even the kashtan took about 8 sec to kill one runner while tesla trooper takes about 4 to 5 sec to die by kashtan so how you balanced it rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 16:57