Feedback, critisism and questions
Umpfelgrumpf
post 29 Sep 2014, 14:47
Post #76

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10149

QUOTE (Hecthor Doomhammer @ 29 Sep 2014, 15:37) *
Except for the fact that I value interacting with the chat too much to just completely ignore it and have some one else take care of it.
MARS was unavailable for the past 3 weeks, thus I had to pretty much moderate the chat myself, and since ppl like DarkyVX decided to be douchebags, I had to take time away from the game to do my job: Keeping the channel in a good orderly fashion.

I understand your opinion, but hope to see more casts with someone operating the chat in the future smile.gif.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 29 Sep 2014, 14:59
Post #77

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10281

It's not an oppinion, it's a fact.

the more the chat keeps to the rules, the more attention I can give to the game.
Especially if I have to make new rules in the rules section, because some ppl just want to be jerks to get some attention, than the game and viewers will just have to suffer for a bit.

I always have 1 person moderating the chat but not always is that person a part of the conversation on Skype as co-commentator, and during those streams I just have to keep a more watchful eye on the chat.

Just be glad I moderate the chat on a seperate system (my laptop) from where I host the stream (my pc) because this way is more effective and efficient than doing both on my PC. (not that I have that ability since I only have 1 monitor for each)

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 29 Sep 2014, 15:07
Post #78

Group Icon

I'd still appreciate it if you would spend more time ingame and less in the chat, but I think I stated that often enough now.
It's your stream and you can decide what you want to do of course.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 29 Sep 2014, 19:47
Post #79

Group Icon

Overall, 2 vs 2's are harder to observe, since there are 4 locations where action can take place at the same time, and since the entire battlefield doesn't fit on 1 screen, it's pretty much impossible to see everything going on, even when I pay attention to the minimap.
That's why I personally prefer 1 vs 1's

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 30 Sep 2014, 10:07
Post #80

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

I personal prefer 1 vs1 and FFA match .

Hector Doomhammer its possible to make some FFA match in future streams. because you rarely stream FFA match.

i have one request : in the next stream upcoming can you choose the tournament desert map but snowly version i think its called (tournament blizzard if i remember good)

because i like that map and want to see player on that map

Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by emin96: 30 Sep 2014, 10:09

--------------------

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 20 Oct 2014, 14:48
Post #81

Group Icon

Hecthor, it would be cool if you would play some more Rotr by yourself.
Because if you are casting right now, you still don't seem to know much about the game.
By the time you at least know all unit names, but you're still always asking hunter because you're not sure, and you're not giving input which is not 100% obvious for the normal stream viewer. I'd love it if you were "good" at the game, then the stream would be way more interesting.
That was my very first critique point that I had when I saw your first stream, and I'm sad that it is still that way, but I know that you can improve.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 20 Oct 2014, 16:33
Post #82

Group Icon

While I appreciate and understand this criticism, I hope you can understand I am far too busy to dedicate much of my free time to any 1 project.
Yes nowadays I tend to stream a lot more regular games and I could potentially invest that time into improving my skills in RotR or MO, but I really don't have the desire to do so.
Once 1.85 becomes publicly available with SWR.net implemented, I am hoping to see a lot of games during streams so that I don't have to play at all tongue.gif because then I can fully focus on your games and let all of you enjoy the spotlight.

As The Hunter said on the last stream, once all functions have been implemented and tested for balance, then the AI will get reworked so they will start using the new stuff, and when that is done, there's a chance you might get to see me play some Comp Stomps with my co-commentator. AI's are out predictable and less stressful to play against than human players that have years of experience, ut I bet you can understand that.

While nowadays I am streaming on more days and I stream other stuff as well, I am hoping to see every one on those other days as well, but I don't expect nor force any one to sacrifice their own free time (or even non-free time as I some times see that people watch at school or work) to watch my streams.
I stream what I want to stream at any time I feel like it and if this is how I spend my free time, that is my own choice.
Just as it is your own choice to not want to watch anything besides the RotR streams because RotR is all you really care about out of everything that I stream. All I really can do and thus will do, is respect that choice.

When it comes to Emin's question regarding FFA's. I've experienced any kind of FFA to be lengthy and since I on;y can spare a little time extra on Sundays if a match doesn't end before the usual 2 hours are over, I don't like to focus too much time on any given 1 match. Some exceptions of course for 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2.

However, a 3P FFA usually turns into a 2 vs 1 before ending in a 1 vs 1 at the end and not every one in the current testers team likes FFA's (plus the unstable SAGE engine also occasionally has issues with lengthy matches as we've seen in the past)

This post has been edited by Hecthor Doomhammer: 20 Oct 2014, 17:13
Reason for edit: Clarifying things a little bit

+Quote Post
z741
post 20 Oct 2014, 22:03
Post #83

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

The streams are at 9am here on sundays for me. I try to follow the best i can, I learn as I go.

How well does SAGE holdup on an 8 player 1v1 map like iron dragon? That would be an interesting stream.

Or a 2v4 AIs maybe?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 20 Oct 2014, 23:12
Post #84

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

The current build's AI freezes like hell IMO. Last time we tried such compstomp it even desynced. The AI isn't streamworthy.

Also I don't think the massive spamfest of the AI can be as funny to watch as two players going against each other.

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 28 Oct 2014, 0:49
Post #85

Group Icon

Yes nowadays I tend to stream a lot more regular games and I could potentially invest that time into improving my skills in RotR or MO, but I really don't have the desire to do so.

Which is a pity, because that would improve your commentary tremendously.
I liked the stream this weekend much more then the one from last weekend, and maybe I was to harsh in my last post, because you know quite some stuff about the game, but as mentioned above it would be cool if you had a little more tactical insight.
Take LoL/Sc2 shoutcasters for example, they are all pretty good at the game they talk about.
I hope that when 1.85 arrives in the public you will play some RotR with us smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 28 Oct 2014, 15:39
Post #86

Group Icon

QUOTE (Umpfelgrumpf @ 28 Oct 2014, 0:49) *
Take LoL/Sc2 shoutcasters for example, they are all pretty good at the game they talk about.

Those SC2/LoL/DotA streamers do nothing more than only that and they thrive on the overhype of those games.

I see myself as more laid back, diverse and focus more on entertainment in my commentary.

And hey, for now, my channel is the only channel that does streams of RotR 1.85, but it wouldn't surprise me to see other people take up RotR streams once 1.85 hits the public.

Mine will just be the "official streams"

+Quote Post
z741
post 29 Oct 2014, 6:16
Post #87

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

SC2 is a great game. Hecthor where are you from? I would think Norway/Finland area. I get the streams here in the States around 10 AM. I noticed you were talking about it in the last stream

--------------------

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 29 Oct 2014, 11:41
Post #88

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

He's Dutch with viking origins - which is among the very reasons he's planning to move into Sweden for a really loooooong time.

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 29 Oct 2014, 19:37
Post #89

Group Icon

Those SC2/LoL/DotA streamers do nothing more than only that and they thrive on the overhype of those games.

Not all of them do, only the succesfull ones.

There are also people that stream games that are not as common as those you and me named.
For example people who stream/shoutcast/commentate CoH, Wargame, C&C Zero Hour and so on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MedX
post 4 Dec 2014, 23:29
Post #90

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10162

I don't know if it was ever asked.
Will you stream the progress until 2.0 like now 1.85?

--------------------
"Live your dreams but don't dream your life."

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 4 Dec 2014, 23:52
Post #91

Group Icon

When 2.0 has significant enough progress that the team feels confident that they have something to show, I will be showing off some 2.0 Work In Progress.
These streams will during those weeks replace the public 1.85 streams

+Quote Post
SPS Barbarossa
post 8 Dec 2014, 21:57
Post #92

Group Icon

Member No.: 9325

Gotta say that yesterdays stream nightbot was on a banning spree. I didn't use the most appropriate kind of language but it was not meant in an insulting way. Ah well it's the rules i guess.

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 9 Dec 2014, 13:59
Post #93

Group Icon

Well certain words I simply don't want to see in my chat, because I know there is alway at least 1 person getting offended by it.
I can name examples for all my blacklisted words but I'm not going to, because I'd be sitting here tomorrow, typing a way tl;dr message.

And the 2 guys that I personally banned: AlioOt and Cezzar03, they still typed in a non-english language after I timed them out for 10 minutes and told them they should keep the chat in English

+Quote Post
SPS Barbarossa
post 9 Dec 2014, 16:51
Post #94

Group Icon

I would run a streaming channel differently, but it's you're channel with your rules and there need to be rules wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 9 Dec 2014, 17:30
Post #95

Group Icon

A PURGE as it's called is a 1 second time out + your messages removed. On the Twitch chat that will appear as being BANNED for 1 second.
When any non-chat mod or regular (I decide who is a regular and who not) posts links, more than 15 caps in 1 line, certain words I simply don't want to see (like RAPE), you use stuff like lolololololololoolol or riot riot riot riot riot riot riot riot (repitition)or links, too many emotes or symbols or 251 characters in 1 section, you will get a purge.
This is what Nightbot does for me.
I have the curtacy to let Nightbot explain in 1 way or another what you did wrong if you did get purge (I kicked you hindanuts because...)

I do look a lot at how other, way more professional, streamers run their channels, and I can say, they are way more strict than I am, plus they have more active chat mods that will time you out for 10 minutes or even permanently ban you for some things that I don't think is worth a ban.

I run my channel the way I do because I am ambitious and serious about what I do. I treat it as a company of which I am its CEO and thus rules are a must. Otherwise the chat would end up being a flamewar clusterfuck because people are too ealily offended by the smallest silliest things.
But besides that, I also treat people my chat as I would treat guests in my house. if you behave like an idiot, I'll tell you to stop, then I'll ask you to leave and if not, I'll force you out.
I expect every one to have some sort of common sense to understand you are a guest on my channel and thus you should behave. Just like on the forums, if you go too far, you'll end up being banned. It's that simple.

You may run your channel less strict, which is perfectly fine of course, but no matter on which channel I jump onto the chat, I always read the rules of the channel, given the streamer has any rules, just in case there's a rule on his channel that I don't have (and most likely I'll add that rule) and apply my own rules to my behaviour on other ppl's channels because I don't want to end up being banned behaving a way I don't want m own viewers to behave.

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 10 Dec 2014, 15:42
Post #96

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

Hecthor Doomhammer question for you can you record some 1.802 replays and upload them on youtube??(good game replays)

did i need to pay for that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 10 Dec 2014, 16:27
Post #97

Group Icon

I simply don't do 1.802 because to me it's obsolete, especially with the 185 release right around the corner

+Quote Post
SPS Barbarossa
post 14 Dec 2014, 2:24
Post #98

Group Icon

QUOTE (Hecthor Doomhammer @ 10 Dec 2014, 16:27) *
I simply don't do 1.802 because to me it's obsolete, especially with the 185 release right around the corner

It's close

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 22 Jan 2015, 19:57
Post #99

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

Um ... whenever we get to the version with the new story missions, will you be showing yourself playing any of them on stream, either before or after the release of that version? Sorry if you mentioned this somewhere already, I don't recall. ><

This post has been edited by Kommandant Karisse: 22 Jan 2015, 20:52

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 22 Jan 2015, 22:30
Post #100

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kommandant Karisse @ 22 Jan 2015, 19:57) *
Um ... whenever we get to the version with the new story missions, will you be showing yourself playing any of them on stream, either before or after the release of that version? Sorry if you mentioned this somewhere already, I don't recall. ><

From what I understand missions, campaigns and challenges will be for the 2.0 version if present at all.
I think personally that I would enjoy my streams the way they are: have some on as co-commentator, observe online matches and talk about random stuff and related stuff.
2.0 is too far away for all of us so it's not really a ood idea to start talking about my personal plans for that, since I don't even have them

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 April 2024 - 10:06